Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Illusive Man is an AI.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
......Illusive Man = Mr House? LOL

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
who the fuck is illusive man what the fuck is this

who

what?

NO

what the fuck si goin on

where the fuck am i

what the fuck is this
why

why are you saying this what the fuck is the point when is this going to be over what the fuck are you using words for why do you try to communicate fuck

when?

NO

what??

when?

augggggggghhhhhhhhhh

fnvtroll.gif

Topher

Cipher
DalekFlay said:
SimpleComplexity said:
Yeah and that's why it's shit.

Go on, defend it some more.

I'm not really defending it, you're right that the lack of real choice there is striking and insipid. I'm just saying when you look at ME2 as a movie-style linear game, which it really, really is, then it's less irritating that your personal decisions don't matter.

I only get mad at RPGs for failing at RPG gameplay... Mass Effect 2, no matter what Bioware says, is not an RPG.

True. Though I played ME1 myself (and enjoyed it) I watched my friend play through ME2 and it didn't even like the mechanics from either an RPG or Action standpoint. I really think the "%10 bonus" to "x" upgrade system looked boring.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
racofer said:
At the last fight with the human reaper, once the camera shows the ceiling of the reaper chamber, you can see the Illusive Man's eyes watching you through some cracks on the ceiling as if he was a hologram. It's a very quick scene, about 2 seconds at most with dialogs and character movement so it's easy to miss.

Tits or didn't happen.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Also, it shows that red lava planet in the background whenever you talk to him. After destroying the Collector base and you talk to him the last time, it is blue.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Good question... ME now only has story and almost no RP factor.

bhlaab

Erudite
In the third game Bioware will reveal that the Illusive Man is centuries old fragmented data being broadcast from earth and this whole time Shephard has been reacting to an AI construct of an X-Files fanfiction character.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
SimpleComplexity said:
Illusive Man: "Go there and do this!"
Shepard: "But i don't thrust you why should i do it? NOoooo. Blabla."
2 seconds later
Shepard: "Fine. I'll do it."

Ontopic: Who cares?
This.

Also this:
Alexandros said:
Why is this shit in GRPG discussion?

roll-a-die

Magister
Hell, it's possible talking to him on the ship isn't really holograming you into see the man, but rather running a computer simulation, with the AI at it's head, and that the ship's AI isn't really unique and restricted, but rather him in full tranny form. Slowly seducing Cripple McFuckshitz to his side.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Except it shows Miranda talking to him in person in the very first scene. At that physical location.

Tycn

Savant
I'm still reeling from the stupidity of the "Reapers are made of people!" revelation. What the fucking fuck?

Dicksmoker is also (more of) a faggot for putting this in GRPG.
Havoc said:
racofer said:
At the last fight with the human reaper, once the camera shows the ceiling of the reaper chamber, you can see the Illusive Man's eyes watching you through some cracks on the ceiling as if he was a hologram. It's a very quick scene, about 2 seconds at most with dialogs and character movement so it's easy to miss.

Tits or didn't happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmMot8ZnM_A

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Why is this in General RPG Discussion? :smug:

Edit: (Without reading the thread it seems I was beaten to it)

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
I hope he won't be explained in ME3 as dumb as the Shadow Broker was.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I completely gave up on Bioware when they resolved the shadow broker subplot in a DLC and made him some asshole who had never been mentioned before. I read fan theories that were better constructed and more interesting than that.

Seriously, how fucking stupid could they be? Rather than make the shadow broker subplot end in ME3 with a dramatic reveal about it being an established character, they decided to cash in and make it a DLC. What the fuck.

So yeah, I doubt anything interesting will be revealed about the elusive man. He probably won't even have a major roll in ME3. Because bioware is stupid and doesn't know how to resolve plot threads in an interesting way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom