Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE KINECT: The future of gaming

MetalCraze said:
Chateaubryan said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxJO8lZwPso

They solved Kinect's input lag problem. Now they need to fix the player's.
Another proof that Natal is obviously fake if you didn't get that memo already. At best it will be a failure like EyeToy which never properly worked and was there to sell it ASAP and forget, but Sony managed to fool its sheeple consumers how many times now? 2, 3?
I've seen it and used it in person. It is not fake.

Nex

Cipher
Suchy said:
Black said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
MetalCraze said:
Chateaubryan said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxJO8lZwPso

They solved Kinect's input lag problem. Now they need to fix the player's.
Another proof that Natal is obviously fake if you didn't get that memo already. At best it will be a failure like EyeToy which never properly worked and was there to sell it ASAP and forget, but Sony managed to fool its sheeple consumers how many times now? 2, 3?
It's not fake, at least not all of it... it's just shit.

http://video.destructoid.com/#165197
Auto-breaks, auto-acceleration.
The regenerating health of racing games.
:lol:

But... I have TrackIR which is basically a head motion sensor. I bought it for playing Arma and the little shit proved damn useful, now I can't play without it.
This is how it works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wXx3vMy_AQ
And a gamplay vid I made when using it (also speech recognition): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlzPuf4IIFw
Good stuff for simulators.
:immershunwhore:

That TrackIR would be really good for flight sims and racing games. I never knew such a thing existed.

Also, why the fuck would you want to play a racing game with this motion crap instead of a steering wheel and pedals in the first place????

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Hey Suchy, what other kinda interesting devices do you have besides the IZ3D and the TrackIR? I've got the former and am interested in the latter; anything else I should splooge on?

Suchy

Arcane
Mangoose said:
Hey Suchy, what other kinda interesting devices do you have besides the IZ3D and the TrackIR? I've got the former and am interested in the latter; anything else I should splooge on?
That's pretty much all. I was thinking about moving from iZ3D to a HMD, but so far everything in a reasonable price sucks badly. Low resolution and 4:3 display size, OLED technology is still too young I guess.
If you're going for TrackIR, check out supported games first. It won't run on a random shooter ported from console, but most self respecting racing and flight sims support it (and of course Arma1&2).

Jim Profit

Educated
Kingston said:
I can imagine the dumbfounded look of the "hardcore" hordes. No Halo, no CoD, no Gears of War, nothing!
CryingIndian.jpg

Der_Unbekannte

Educated
I was honestly expecting a revolution! I expected that naked women apear while playing and that jesus himself gives you a blowjob and you can cum on the face of god!

At least that was the version the hypemachine sold.

Jim Profit

Educated
Der_Unbekannte said:
I was honestly expecting a revolution! I expected that naked women apear while playing and that jesus himself gives you a blowjob and you can cum on the face of god!
So you'd rather cum on Jesus then the naked women?

Fag...

Jim Profit

Educated
Dny said:
Mind you, the difficulty in Twilight Princess wasn't that great yet it was more challenging than kidbox shit like Mass Effect
Thats because mass effect is an rpg. Not a fucking puzzle game. Am I playing zelda or tetris?

I don't want puzzles all up in my rpg, niggering it up. I want to ROLEPLAY!!! What a novel idea that I select dialogue options and my character advances either as a hero or as a villain, and it's like an interactive book.

You obviously don't remember choose your own adventure books. God-damn kids...

Peter

Arcane
Pfft, Kinectimals is just Milo dumbed down. Fuck this casual shit. I want a hardcore friend simulator.

Der_Unbekannte

Educated
Jim Profit said:
Der_Unbekannte said:
So you'd rather cum on Jesus then the naked women?

Fag...

No i would rather cum on god. And god has no gender since he created both men and women after his image.... wait a sec.... GOD IS TRANNY!

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What kind of a retard would like to play a shooter or a driving game with the Kine-whatever anyway... hrrrr....

Der_Unbekannte said:
No i would rather cum on god. And god has no gender since he created both men and women after his image.... wait a sec.... GOD IS TRANNY!

Moran, all trannies have a gender. Cutting your dick off does not remove it.

Felix

Arcane
Kingston said:
MS and Sony are really stupid. So much money and so much ignorance. Motion controls aren't the sole reason for Wii's success. The bigger factor is the no-nonsense games. Kinect and Move are gonna flop in epic fashion, and their creators are gonna lose a lot of money. Meanwhile, Nintendo takes in more and more gold. What can MS and Sony do after this fails? They are left on a sinking ship.

The more we accept shit like the kinect, the more casual our games are going to get. Wii is a perfect example of that. You don't pay three hundred dollars to play dodgeball and tag.

You dumbfuck. What is "casual" about Wii games? Like I said in another post, they don't come with shitty stories, shitty cinematics, respawn chambers, popamole cover systems and so forth. They are more hardcore and old-school than anything on the other systems. Why do you give a shit if someone likes sports games that play like sports games? Sports games aren't the plague that's killing gaming. It's the cinematic bullshit brought on by developers who think they are genius storytellers.

Nintendo is the only thing that can save us. It has the power to take Microsoft and Sony out of the game for good. Once they are gone, we can start to rebuild again. Not to mention that Nintendo could bring back more old-school awesome games. Imagine playing a hack-n-slash Zelda like Link to the Past. Or a proper sidescrolling Megaman game, or F-Zero, Contra etc. Shit, I'd buy a Wii if it had those games.

Agree, so far I had so much fun with Mario Galaxy and some other games, they have none of the cinematic bullshit on other systems.....and Nintendo proved you don't need *gasp* expensive voice acting for games to be good.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Alexandros said:
So Wii games are hardcore. Oooooookayyyyy....

Yes, DS games as well. And not all obviously, Nintendo games especially, plus from a few other companies. At least compared to the popamole shooters on the other consoles.

But I guess Mario is not hardcore because there's no blood, swearing and a deep involving story with an unexpected ending, amirite?

Melcar

Arcane
FeelTheRads said:
Alexandros said:

Yes, DS games as well. And not all obviously, Nintendo games especially, plus from a few other companies. At least compared to the popamole shooters on the other consoles.

But I guess Mario is not hardcore because there's no blood, swearing and a deep involving story with an unexpected ending, amirite?

It has no gay butt sex.

Achilles

Arcane
FeelTheRads said:
Alexandros said:

I don't see how you can consider Mario hardcore, unless we interpret the term in a different way. Are you sure you don't mean that Wii games are difficult maybe? That I can accept (I'll take your word for it as I don't have a Wii) but hardcore? No, at least not for me.

Tenhi

Novice
I hear it needs a 4 x 4 meter room to work properly. Talk about a commercial suicide.

Achilles

Arcane
FeelTheRads said:
unless we interpret the term in a different way.

Most likely. I don't interpret hardcore as "mature and gritty."

You seem to think that I somehow consider the likes of Gears of War 'hardcore'. I don't think hardcore is based on visual style any more than you do. For me, a hardcore game has deep gameplay that requires more from the player than just a basic set of skills. It doesn't really matter if Hearts of Iron was about fluffy bunnies and carebears fighting it out, it would still be a hardcore game if the mechanics were the same.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Tenhi said:
I hear it needs a 4 x 4 meter room to work properly. Talk about a commercial suicide.

According to its specs shit can't detect anything unless you are between 1.2-3.5m from it. And even then it has only a 50 degrees wide angle of view. Pathetic.

Luzur

Good Sir
Mortmal said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKCjFyDTq8&feature=player_embedded

Isnt it heaven ?
Virtual reality to my home, playing complex RPG in real time waving my sword around, feeling the choices and consequences on my battered exhausted decrepit old body after miles and miles of dungeons... That or maybe wii like games enforcing "quality time" with family.What will they choose to develop ?

but can you roleplay with your dick out in those brave, new RPG's? eh? EH?

Cassidy

Arcane
I still do hope for a return to the times when mainstream entertainment was about outdoors activities and that all this fad will implode. Considering how things are going, playing real sports will be considered "hardcore" in the next decades, however. So maybe acquiring another hobby and forsaking PC for gaming is ultimately the best approach.

It'd be either amusing or depressing to see legions of pathetic 13-year olds who never saw a real ball in their lives think that, for example, basketball is a sport about swinging your arms in the air like a retard with a remote control.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom