Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Days of Gaia

A_Leftist_Pig?

Scholar
Possibly Retarded
Nice one Brennus...Comback that is.
Quite sick to own 226 CRPGs though, that is if you aren't in the business of making, reviewing or copying them. Never the less ... awesome collection :)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've read that review of Brennus and it described the game quite well.

The game is not really great, but it doesn't suck as much as some people here try to tell. I had a few hours of fun with it until I got bored, but it definitely doesn't suck.

Monica21

Scholar
I can't read German so I can't read the review, but basically all I'm getting from most is "it doesn't suck, but I never bothered finishing it." :? Sounds like I could spend my time and money better elsewhere.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Monica21 said:
I can't read German so I can't read the review, but basically all I'm getting from most is "it doesn't suck, but I never bothered finishing it." :? Sounds like I could spend my time and money better elsewhere.

I bothered to finish it for more reasons than just the reviewing aspect. I will replay it in the future, when it's Add-on "Mutant City" finally be released. I'd say you definitly shouldn't pay full price, since it is too old by now, but if you can obtain it mid-price, then you should give it a shot.

@Leftist_pig?

You actually made me doing some statistics:

Games in my collection by developers from

USA 120
Germany 26
Russia 17
France 9
UK 9
Korea 8
Poland 6
Japan 6
Slovakia 3
Austria 3
Australia 2
Sweden 2
China 2
Belgium 2
Slovenia 1
Czechia 1
Hungary 1
Italy 1

So, am I a CRPG racist? I think not.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sir_Brennus said:
Games in my collection by developers from

USA 120
Germany 26
Russia 17
France 9
UK 9
Korea 8
Poland 6
Japan 6
Slovakia 3
Austria 3
Australia 2
Sweden 2
China 2
Belgium 2
Slovenia 1
Czechia 1
Hungary 1
Italy 1

So, am I a CRPG racist? I think not.

China made RPGs?

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
China made RPGs?

Yes, "Blade & Sword" is from China.

"Mage Knight Apocalypse" is from Taiwan, so it's technically from the so called Republic of China :)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
fizzelopeguss said:
Monica21 said:
I don't remember the hype, but I do remember hearing that the team had some Fallout developers, or I guess just one?

Hardly, fucking puuk and god damn Sawyer.

Damien Folletto and Jeff Husges, I think, both worked on Van Buren and other BIS games, both did very little freelance work on the Fall.

EDIT: I remembered right, according to the Mobygames credits...
EDIT2: holy shit, I'm on the Special Thanks list of The Fall?!?!

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Kharn said:
EDIT2: holy shit, I'm on the Special Thanks list of The Fall?!?!

Being there together with Glowbewohner would bother me a lot more...

We have to keep that quite or Roshambo will show up and will accuse you of Carsten Strehse like attention whoring. :lol:

stargelman

Scholar
Hm. I bought this game on eBay (relatively cheap) and got it yesterday. I've played it for quite a bit, maybe eight hours, so it can't be that bad. I noticed a few weak points right away: the camera is really annoying and the combat isn't all it could've been (especially if it was turn based instead of shitty RTwP). But other than that it seems like a fine game so far. I didn't run into any bugs so far either, which is good.

Is it a top ten game for me? No. Is it fun to play, does it have at least some fresh ideas? Yes. My advice: if you can pick it up cheap, do it and make up your own opinion.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
the reloaded version is very playable, i recently got the 10 euro version too.

its not the utter shit i thought it was but really nails the term "mediocre".
i actually finished it (but probably wouldnt have so if it wasnt for lacking good alternatives atm) - took only 17 hours too, so its a pretty short game with zero replay value (too linear, almost nothing in terms of choices and consequences)

the combat also blows really hard

a good example of where this game really fails is the mission where you have to get into that rat skull gang drug lab.

when i got the job i had about 10 different ideas how i could get inside, yet the game only allowed 1 - and that one was pretty stupid as well (find soap and a haircut for a guy so he can score a chick - in reward he gives you a old micro that you can plant under a car of guys who drive to the lab and then listen to the password).
yeah sure, in a post apocalypse world a gang with probably at most 100 members would let a group of 6 armed nobodies into their druglab aslong as they know a password.....

many quests like that, instead of giving you at least 3 different LOGICAL solutions to an issue, they give you 1 plain stupid solution instead. thank god there s oblivion like handholding, so you dont have to come up with those stupid solutions yourself.

still, the game has some "cosmetic" good points (with cosmetic i dont mean graphics, though those are okayish, they are far from good).
my main motivation to finish the game was getting a full suit of armor and the cool weapons and see what they look like - that should tell you about the gameplay/story :p

for 10 buck i couldnt complain though....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom