Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I thought it was with the strain on retirement funds that the legal birthrate limits were removed? I've never checked.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
I thought it was with the strain on retirement funds that the legal birthrate limits were removed? I've never checked.
They have a whole network of pension systems in place for govt, corporate, urban and rural citizens set in place (most of them post 1997) but they cover just ~10% of population.

The initial one-child policy was set up to address the general population sustainability in country still remembering the two major famines (WW2 and '60s).

Hellion

Arcane
105769077_3277564355643757_3352094615256639619_n.jpg

Mark Richard

Arcane
Some folks continue to treat emotional exhaustion as a sign of quality. Since 2004's Battlestar Galactica hit the scene, the bleak oppressive sci-fi universe has risen in popularity to become a staple of mainstream entertainment. When the Walking Dead picked up the baton, I realized there was no escaping it. We are to be inundated by media that offers no hope or contrast, covering up the weaknesses of the writing by battering the audience into submission until they're so numb that they can't tell the difference. Even once positive universes like Star Trek have a nightmarish dystopian edge to them now.

Potato Canon

Novice
Apparently including a character built like Ronda Rousey is just too triggering for the fragile effeminate manlet PewDePies douchetuber types. Or just this week's excuse to scream for attention.

"Abbey" looks like perfectly normal biological woman in flashbacks where she isn't fully roided out, has a really good voice actress etc and is otherwise a perfectly fine character. They could have toned it down a little though to be a little less trollish. If it was intended to be a commentary on over-the-top physiques in games, it's kind of a shame that it overshadowed the actual game.

I guess PS4 consoletards will feel more comfortable sticking to their spandex-clad Spidertwink games.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
like Ronda Rousey xDDD
pvEw8gs.png

Listen, I fap to r/hardbodies every week and Abby is built like a manlet man.
I'd bet 50 bucks that she is modelled on a man's body.
Size of chest cavity, waist hip ratio, gut, lenght of arms, proportion of upper/lower arm, angle of hip/torso, trapezius - all man.

And secret indicator - deltoid muscle insertions on the upper arm is super high in females, like in 1/30 comes close to males. Abby, or should we say Abe, is a M A N.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
She's not the first muscular woman in gaming. Well maybe the first muscular "woman".
Yep, another sign of clueless game "journos". One example from back in the 90s is the arcade game Shock Troopers and its Big Mama player character (top left).

3025251-0986001427-IKNKo.png

I wouldn't be surprised if there are earlier examples.

Adon

Arcane
Aren't they the very same people who complained about the designs in Dragon's Crown?

latest

Is there enough food for someone in the post-apocalypse to mass up like this? (Yes, the WLF is canonically depicted to have plenty of resources.)

Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but "plenty of resources" =/= necessary amount of protein, nutrients, vitamins, etc., needed in order to achieve that physique. We're over 20 years into a zombie apocalypse, that kind of stuff doesn't get manufactured anymore, but okay, let's assume she just has a damn good protein diet. Purely working out, even with weights, you have to have a decent amount of knowledge on hypertrophy training and how to achieve that kind of muscle growth in order to build that physique, let alone maintain it.

That's not really a priority anyone should have in that kind of setting, but at the end of the day, that doesn't bother me. It's just the double standard that people have, it's no less impractical than the boob plate armor that people complain about.

Swole dude

Novice
It's ridiculous to suggest that Trabby is in any way, shape or form a woman.

It's very obvious that her model, the body in particular, is that of a male's except it's been shrunk down in height. It's a manlet's body with a woman's (debatable) head attached to it. Plain and simple.

That's the trick you see, if she was as tall as a dude your brain and common sense would be screaming: THAT'S A MAN BABY.

FFS the fact there's any discussion about this just tells your how far we've come towards clown world. HONK HONK.

Aren't they the very same people who complained about the designs in Dragon's Crown?

latest

Is there enough food for someone in the post-apocalypse to mass up like this? (Yes, the WLF is canonically depicted to have plenty of resources.)

Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but "plenty of resources" =/= necessary amount of protein, nutrients, vitamins, etc., needed in order to achieve that physique. We're over 20 years into a zombie apocalypse, that kind of stuff doesn't get manufactured anymore, but okay, let's assume she just has a damn good protein diet. Purely working out, even with weights, you have to have a decent amount of knowledge on hypertrophy training and how to achieve that kind of muscle growth in order to build that physique, let alone maintain it.

That's not really a priority anyone should have in that kind of setting, but at the end of the day, that doesn't bother me. It's just the double standard that people have, it's no less impractical than the boob plate armor that people complain about.

tl;dr is “no, big muscle’y women ain’t gonna happen in a post-apoc world.” I mean, a real world example I can think of right off hand is all the special forces guys I’ve ever known in the military or the contracting world. Outside of the dedicated gym monsters, they were always skinny; and their daily caloric intake was yuuuuuge given their size, but not necessarily their activities. Assuming the trannies didn’t all kill themselves out of hand in the early days of the breakdown, no way a half-way-to-being-tranny-lol-okay-fuck-off wahmen is going to be anything but twiggish-looking.

Codex Year of the Donut
They raceswapped Abby's father to white in TLoU2. :M
Surgeon-killed.jpg

Going to go out on a limb and guess they made her white because they know how masculine she looks.
Come to think of it, her physique actually isn't that far off from a muscular african woman. Hm.

Olinser

Savant
Get the popcorn, our favorite Mad Burrito finally pitches in:

That's funny because Angry Cuck was full speed on the Woke Train the last few years, ESPECIALLY when people were calling out Battlefield V's bullshit and he was openly insulting anybody that said it was going to be bad because they were clearly focusing on bullshit agenda instead of making the game good. He made multiple videos openly mocking and insulting people who said Battlefield 5 was going to be bad, and strawmaning like a MADMAN about UNEDUCATED MORONS CAN'T STAND WAHMENZ IN GAMEZ.

Then of course when the game finally came out he admitted it was unfinished trash and basically gave it a 6.5.

It's almost like he's FINALLY realized that companies are using this woke SJW bullshit as a shield against criticism for making a mediocre to shit game.

Or maybe he got redpilled by the crazy SJW broad trying to cancel him and he suddenly realized how batshit insane these people are.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
when people were calling out Battlefield V's bullshit and he was openly insulting anybody that said it was going to be bad because they were clearly focusing on bullshit agenda instead of making the game good
The market passed its judgement in the end.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'll take good old
261-2610625_clip-art-warrior-female-pinterest-lineage-2-female.png

over this "Abby" thing any day of the week. That's how racist i am.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom