Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
did you do that quest where lloyd beat up an old lady ? here is wazy about to rekt a boomer

20200331212839_1.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
WA WA :shittydog:
THANKS FOR WORK WAWA

I finished police 2. it was best trails ever imo. no steel comes near it and I am not ever sure any Sky is better than it. I liked the characters, the mega speed train plot, the quests were cute, the bosses were hard, the anime in the end was fucking retadreded but super depressing endgame movie makes up for that by being, super depressing but still making you cheering for the guys. and confusing me because slides make it look like viva la resistance but askhyally erebonia took crosbell in a day and everyone is lovey dovey except 1 butthurt Juna. the only bad thing is that it's too long and formula is recycled for things but it's ok because WAWA~

the thing is that since steel trails just became too big for their own good, too many characters and char changing shenanigans, and gameplay and storytelling stagnated. Ao is more focused than any of them and really delivers resolutions, answers and companion interactions nicely :thumbsup:

i real like characters:
- lloyd is standard good guy but his dark past tm is nearly not dark past as sky/steel and he just rejects emo mode
- randy is basically made out of brofists
- tio is a loli but somehow she ends up a bro. a bro-loli.
- Ellie is an anime anomaly: not loli, not lewd dressed, not lewd dressed loli, useses A GUN (waaat), daughter of a politician, fairly competent +probably strongest all-round character if you feed her +ATS cakes. arguably if game took 2 main leads route with lloyd+ellie I wouldn't mind at all.

and of course great ost

https://youtu.be/4TStkLtJK5Q?list=PLzFTGYa_evXiUoQ4-sWk4-2E2XUbcRLuc

:troll:

yeah ost is almost ys-tier. real nice.

Last edited:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Yeah Ao is definitely better than Zero and I would consider it to be second best game from all Trails games. I have finished all games on nightmare difficulty and difficulty wise Ao/Zero were best. FC and SC have too many bs moments (before earth wall) mainly in the monster hunting quests and prologue in SC was brutal. All CS games were too easy CS3 I probably died like 6-8 times total and most of those were in optional fights
(principal fight)

Overall I would rank Kiseki games: SC>Ao>FC>Zero>3rd>CS3>CS1>CS2

CS3 might be better than 3rd but I just prefer sky cast so much more than CS (Laura, Sharon, Claire and Sara are cool though and some old faces)

Last edited:

Maxie

I'm currently playing Zero and I must tell you, the game finally has some economy going on
In TitS I tended to rush buying new high-tier dishes to sample and produce my own consumables, effectively draining my wallet dry every chapter - after all, food tended to get kinda useless with time as your HP bars bloated
Here, in a flash of genius, recipes are learnt from other people and books you encounter, and all stuff you make has %HP value, rather than flat HP, allowing me to finally spend my cash on all sorts of silly nonsense instead

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
the end of CS3 cemented sara as superior than claire tbh

the ironblood are horrible that they would let one of them die just because of orders like that. millium/allie which are pretty much everyone's little sisters

Deleted member 7219

the ironblood are horrible that they would let one of them die just because of orders like that. millium/allie which are pretty much everyone's little sisters

Yes, the behaviour of the Ironbloods at the end of Cold Steel 3 (and of Osborne, for that matter) was utterly nonsensical.

Slaver1

Savant
Claire is very fine, up there with Sara, but yes, she is lacking that warmth and inherent kindness of spirit. Her past and her associations relating to that took a big toll and she has to live with that.

Anyway, really getting into Trails From Zero now even though it's a big detour from what I should be doing (completing the TiTs trilogy once and for all.) Just reaching the mining town now. Randy really is made up of molecular brofists...

Deleted member 7219

Claire is very fine, up there with Sara, but yes, she is lacking that warmth and inherent kindness of spirit. Her past and her associations relating to that took a big toll and she has to live with that.

Anyway, really getting into Trails From Zero now even though it's a big detour from what I should be doing (completing the TiTs trilogy once and for all.) Just reaching the mining town now. Randy really is made up of molecular brofists...

I strongly recommend you finish TITS first!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

Yes, the behaviour of the Ironbloods at the end of Cold Steel 3 (and of Osborne, for that matter) was utterly nonsensical.
Osborne i get he is always means justify the end kinda guy. Rufus too tbh i can see him agreeing. Claire and lechter should be better than that damnit.

Slaver1

Savant

If only I had my old savegame. Lost a lot of progress and don't feel like starting from scratch again just yet :negative:. It was at the end of the Ruan chapter I think- I remember enjoying it quite a bit as well.

Deleted member 7219

Jinn

Arcane

Many teary-eyed and exciting moments to be had in Zero with prior knowledge of TitS. Definitely some watershed moments of character development and elucidation. Pretty much goes double for AO, except maybe more so in the world building department.

You should really stop what you're doing and go play TiTS trilogy.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

I just started playing Trails in the Sky (again). Got any tips for me? Last time I didn't make it very far

What made you stop?

I played TITS 1 non stop for the first 10 hours or so, before giving it a rest for a while. Then I went back and played the rest of the game, I had to force myself through some parts, but I'm glad I did because the story improved a hell of a lot late game. I've been hooked on Trails since.

You'll probably get more out of the combat (tactics and challenge wise) if you increase the difficulty.

If you bounced off the characters themselves then you're probably best not playing again. I found some of the characters irritating, and twee, but they grew on me.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah pretty much got bored with the story/characters, trying to stick with it because I'm curious where it's going. Ah well. I'm playing on Hard and it is ball-bustingly difficult

Deleted member 7219

Yeah pretty much got bored with the story/characters, trying to stick with it because I'm curious where it's going. Ah well. I'm playing on Hard and it is ball-bustingly difficult

The story is always slow in the first games of each Trails arc (TITS 1 / Zero / TOCS 1), speed up midgame, and then it's all go from there.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Well, it took until like the middle of chapter 3 for the game for to truly begin, but it finally did.

20200515123516-1.jpg

:love:

Edit: This also marks the return of...

The waifu-mobile!

20200515140642-1.jpg

:love:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom