Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

Ezekiel

Arcane
Playing it again. Lol, I just thew a bomb at the goblins and they started playing with it like a Fussball. Did I never see this six years ago?

I posted this in the Tears of the Kingdom thread, but imo, BotW is a thousand times better as a game than TotK. First, everything was original, whereas in TotK the world feels reused. Second, BotW is just much more coherent as a game, it's an adventure game essentially, with exploration at the center, and combat, story, and puzzles supporting that. TotK changes that into a game centered around construction, mechanical stuff, and puzzle solving, and it just doesn't work nearly as well.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I posted this in the Tears of the Kingdom thread, but imo, BotW is a thousand times better as a game than TotK. First, everything was original, whereas in TotK the world feels reused. Second, BotW is just much more coherent as a game, it's an adventure game essentially, with exploration at the center, and combat, story, and puzzles supporting that. TotK changes that into a game centered around construction, mechanical stuff, and puzzle solving, and it just doesn't work nearly as well.
Replaying, finding so far that the shrines are worse than in Tears, which are the main thing to play for. Lamer tools, more obtuse puzzles.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I wish you could reduce frequency of or turn off the music. Don't need the same musics constantly playing over ambience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom