Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Jesus Christ, what is wrong with those Bioware/EA people sitting with a goddamn controller 1,5-2 meters away from a monitor with an abandoned K&M nearby? First DA2 trailer, now this... I don't even... What kind of a sick (self?) torture technique is that? Or is there an off screen SS death squad (=EA PR team) with MP 40s and orders to execute at the slightest hint of noncompliance?

Maybe all the people at EA are masochists that just happen to like making games.

Would explain all the degenerate shit in the Bioware games.

2house2fly

Magister
surely it's possible to make a game that's designed to be played with a controller without at any point in the development process actually using a controller to playtest it

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You're presuming that bioware employees have any notion of the superiority of a mouse and keyboard at all.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I'm gonna miss Shepard.

1381202223_efro1ii20131007-28094-173q1bt.gif

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
What do you want to see out of the next Mass Effect title?
I want it to do so badly that Bioware gets broken up by EA, so they stop making games that retards call RPGs.

Caim

Arcane
One one hand I would play that game. On the other hand they tried something similar with adding Jessica Chobot to the Normandy in ME3 and we all know how that ended up.

What do you want to see out of the next Mass Effect title?
Quality.
Dream on.
:(

Athelas

Arcane
So no new IP's huh? It will be interesting to see how Mass Effect 4 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are impacted by the previous debacles (Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 respectively.) Then again, Bioware pretty much has a monopoly on AAA party-based RPG's.

2house2fly

Magister
I think when they first announced the new dragon Age they said they were also working on Mass Effect 4 and a new sci-fi IP. But yeah, they can basically do what they want because what other AAA developer is competing with them? Bethesda, maybe, but they take like 5 years per Elder Scrolls game, so the fantasy game field is clear until 2016 probably.

KSer successes has got them scared somewhat though. PE will definitely eat at their DAO customer base (RTwP party RPG).

But their other customer base of freaky degenerate romances who fetishize sweat taste of a video game character... that one is pretty safe.

I do hope Bioware chokes on the EA cock it loves sucking so much.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Heh, I encountered this guy commenting on a Mass Effect article. Bold is his comments.

I know how to bring Shepard back but bioware doesn't want to respond to me. Check out Mass Effect Awakening if anyone is interested

---

Shepard's story is done. Let the guy rest in peace.

---

Yeah that's not gonna happen. Shepard deserved better, and I'm gonna give it to him. I don't write 265thousand words in 7 months for nothing

---

Shepard's done, move on. Dont' get so stuck on the past, ther'es nothing there other than memories. The future is were you should focus. If you're such a great person, why not use your powers of writing into something original and brand new?

---

You ever think the reason Shepard is gone is because of you people. I played a true game how I wanted thing. My Shepard was me and I will not go silently into the night. You people want to end it, but I can keep him going. I was original why don't you Google search mass effect awakening and see what the story is all about. It those who say Shepard is gone, who keep him gone. Those who stand strong for him are few in number and unlikely to succeed. I am one of those who stand strong, and I will face down the giant hulking Reaper that maybe bioware, and its soldiers. Because I was Shepard, and I'm going to do me and my team proud.

---

Shepard is a colorful arrangement of pixels and lines of voice acting. He's not a person. Get over it.

---

Shepard was not colorful pixels and line Shepard was a idea. A idea people like you want to leave behind. I'm not leaving that idea behind stop telling me to forget about it. Those of you with the same loyalty as I stand fast, make your voice heard. Let's take this Reaper down.

People kept responding to him and at first I thought he was merely a troll, but turns out he's for real.

https://twitter.com/Jamespaczer

Standard biodrone, but sometimes you start to forget just how batshit insane they are, then this happens to remind you.

Diablo169

Arcane
I can almost accept rabid diehard fans if the subject matter is some literary masterpiece. But seriously. Fucking Mass Effect? It doesn't even do dating simulator that well, never mind "RPG"

racofer

Thread Incliner
Shepard and its bunch are merely a public joke on BiowEAru's current business direction and desperate attempts to cater to a broader, shittier kind of audience that doesn't even know what a good game is.

24ci3v6.gif

dXpNszc.jpg

DUBNF4r.jpg

Now BLOBERT, that's an idea.

3IBKi6N.jpg

pifQQFe.jpg

1T0Sl82.jpg

Athelas

Arcane
This post should come with a seizure warning.

I'm surprised that Vega character doesn't have a tramp stamp.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey guys! I finally figured out why the end boss of ME2 is as retarded as it is.

Because they needed a bossfight. If we go by logic and only find a reaper being built in the earliest stages of development, we would only see some mostly technological innards, since a full reaper wouldn't even fit inside that place and they've been building for not all too long with reaper drone levels of intelligence.

So since that would mean just using your biggest bomb, or leaving it to die or most anticlimactic of all releasing whatever holds it in place/it's life support or whatever.

They needed something that could look cool whilst only partially built and fight shepard. So they just gave it some hands and feet. Then they had to make sure it was some big scary reaper reveal because someone finally got it into their heads 99% through the project that "Ohmygosh villains need to be bad or at least scary!" Which means it had to have a skeleton head with 3 glowing eyes.

"Some kind of giant tentacle creature would come out of nowhere and be the boss for Mass Effect 3. But you know, it was just so. . videogamey. And nothing that we did to. . . uhm, you know, work it into the themes really answered the fact that ultimately it just felt like there was an end boss for the sake of having an end boss. And that raises the question of you know, like, if videogames are a medium for storytelling do they really always have to have an end boss?"

So you see, it all makes perfect sense.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013

What I don't understand is this cycle has been going on for millennia, yet all the other reapers we saw looked like space cockroaches. Why then build one that specifically looks like a human? Doesn't make sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom