Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

racofer

Thread Incliner
oqixjm.jpg

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
http://images.4chan.org/v/src/1329701588041.png

not going to upload it somewhere more permanent, grab it while you can
>Hamburger helper has had more sex than most of /v/ and the codex
Fixed
SMA Jaesun, roll-a-die, Kaiserin, Penny Ante, HHR! laughs at that
And we have quite a few married people too.
fucking BLOBERT counts

>links to
http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-8-stupidest-defenses-against-accusations-sexism/

>"Misandry" may be the most efficient word in the English language. In just one word it condenses the self-denying assholery of "I'm not a racist, but ..." with the misogyny of "All women are bitches," throwing in a free persecution-complex bonus, because it's not like the user was going anywhere. Our previous codeword for "biggest asshole on the planet" took two words because Donald Trump has a first name.

>women can't be sexist
>black people can't be racist
>mfw

I'm seriously gonna do it. I'm just so tired of being mad.
don't do it hoopy, the shit you dig is delicious

Angthoron

Arcane
I still have no idea what the fuck is going on. Is Chan raiding Helper or something?

Oriebam

You guys ain't gonna stop until she commits suicide, right?
She has a video games industry job AND a vagina. And she boasted about it. She made us envious, and now she will pay.

I still have no idea what the fuck is going on. Is Chan raiding Helper or something?
"she"* got butthurt at something and said something stupid(surprise!) then everyone went codex on her then she asked twitter support to delete her account because she's speshul

mockery is going on

*it's said it's all a big troll

Deleted member 7219

From the look of Twitter it looks like the misogynist forces at 4chan and Reddit have teamed up together to try to make her kill herself.

On a purely human level it would be unfortunate, of course. But it would also be a good thing for games. At the very least, she might realise how many people hate her attitude to games and decide to be better in future.

RPGMaster

Savant
I don't want her to die, I'm not one of those EXTREME grimdark characters BioWare write. I just want her to work in an industry more suited to her unique talents.

Oriebam

When you order a pizza and you don't like it, do you call up the place and ask to speak to the cook so you can call him a fucking cunt who can't do the simplest job?

No. You just never order from that place again.

But again >/v/ (il)logic

>pizza
>just a food
>games
>a commonly held hobby, the newest and most interactive in a long line of entertainment media
>comparing getting one bad pizza with watching the hobby you know and love be slowly and systematically destroyed by casuals and people like Hamburger Hepler

Video games ARE serious business

last quote, I'll try to go out and get a life now

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You guys ain't gonna stop until she commits suicide, right?

If you make yourself a public figure you better be prepared for negative attention, because not everyone is going to love you. This is true of just about anyone with any kind of fame. If she really wanted to protect her fragile ego, Hepler could just surround herself with the few people her writing actually appeals to, but twitter is a public forum.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
gosh, people sure are mean on her twitter.
I am myself surprised by all the anti-Semitic, racist, sexist, misogynist, homophobic, and generally crude comments posted on that Twitter.

And most of those probably aren't even Codexers.

I wonder if all these traits are a RPG fan thing rather than a Codex thing.

Kashrlyyk

Scholar
gosh, people sure are mean on her twitter.
I am myself surprised by all the anti-Semitic, racist, sexist, misogynist, homophobic, and generally crude comments posted on that Twitter.

I agree, it definitely goes way too far! It is just a string of "ad hominems" and not criticism. It really is juvenile internet crap at its worst.

waywardOne

Arcane
When I looked into the writing job at Bioware Edmonton it was noted that you were selected by what the lead writers thought of your NWN mod (yes, you had to make an NWN mod, it was the prime requisite of acceptance) so what this means is that Bioware writers hire new Bioware writers. With Drew gone and Hepler, being a Senior Writer, moving up the rear, Bioware, historically unable to hire decent writers, seem able only to be increasingly less competent at acquiring decent writers. With Drew and Gaider and so on being largely incompetent, it seems possible a vicious circle has been present at Bioware since their noble beginnings.

This all comes from memory though, and not a loyal one at that, so correct me if I'm wrong on Bioware's hiring procedures of writers.

The lead "gameplay" dev for DAO (zoeller) was hired primarily based on his nwn mod. Considering how shitty DAO's combat mechanics were, I can't imagine how godfuckingawful his mod was (and there were more than a few mods good enough to make nwn worth installing).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom