Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Megaman thread

Ryan muller

Educated

Because the magnet beam is buggy, sometimes they vanish when somebody use them while jumping. In the same way, the platforms can have no collision while going up, then the player fall and dies.

Thats not the part I found hard
It was just an example. The yellow devil in particular is not hard because he is the only boss in the entire game that works as it should.

But you have to take your time to learn the pattern.

Every other robot master or castle boss is poorly coded and you either know how to beat and make it trivial or suffer the pain

Haven't played many of the NES ones, but we had 2 as a kid. One of the most poorly balanced games ever for sure; Metal Saw is the weakness for like half the bosses, tons of spots where the time stop power is just way too good, and a bunch of other powers that are basically utter crap. Also, that one fucking bullshit fortress boss that requires crash bombs and softlocks you if you miss more than a couple shots or die after firing a few times. What a fucking dick punch.
That one is followed by the alien Dr. Wily boss that is immune to everything except the bubble weapon.

Ryan muller

Educated

Because the magnet beam is buggy, sometimes they vanish when somebody use them while jumping. In the same way, the platforms can have no collision while going up, then the player fall and dies.

Thats not the part I found hard
It was just an example. The yellow devil in particular is not hard because he is the only boss in the entire game that works as it should.

But you have to take your time to learn the pattern.

Every other robot master or castle boss is poorly coded and you either know how to beat and make it trivial or suffer the pain
I contemplated if i should stream today or what, but since theres already a thread for this, i just have chosen to record a full playtrought and link it here.

https://youtu.be/3YvboJi7kMo?si=QHu-pyWSeQReO3NG

Its a no practice no rules playthrough, aside from not using the select glitch (obviously).

i took the freedom to use weapons in the stages, but i mostly killed bosses using the buster (exceptions being the refights, Megaman clone and the bubble machine)

quite average play, not my best, not my worse

died once in the robot master stages in a silly jump and got some other deaths in the wily stages, overall it was quite easy as always.

Last edited:

Beans00

Erudite
Possibly Retarded
I contemplated if i should stream today or what, but since theres already a thread for this, i just have chosen to record a full playtrought and link it here.

https://youtu.be/3YvboJi7kMo?si=QHu-pyWSeQReO3NG

Its a no practice no rules playthrough, aside from not using the select glitch (obviously).

i took the freedom to use weapons in the stages, but i mostly killed bosses using the buster (exceptions being the refights, Megaman clone and the bubble machine)

quite average play, not my best, not my worse

died once in the robot master stages in a silly jump and got some other deaths in the wily stages, overall it was quite easy as always.

I only watched the yellow devil, you did it only getting hit like 4-5 times(way better than me lol) but idc dude that boss is hard as fuck. Just because you memorized that pattern after beating it 50 times doesn't mean it isn't hard.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I never found that version too hard- you just watch his feet, because you need to jump the first 2 rows and everything above you can safely ignore. Elec man is way more of a dick, you can't react to that shit.

Ryan muller

Educated
I never found that version too hard- you just watch his feet, because you need to jump the first 2 rows and everything above you can safely ignore. Elec man is way more of a dick, you can't react to that shit.
Elec man is one of those bosses with obscure coding

If you go to 19:05 in my video you'll notice that i managed to stunlock him even if i had more trouble with this in the refights

The reason why i manage to do that sometimes is due to how he was designed, theres 3 specific tiles in the map where the programmers coded a flag to be checked, if he is standing in any of those 3 positions and the flag = true, he shoots.

The strategy is pretty much sheer memorization + timing as you have to notice the location of the triggers and keep shooting every single time he raise his arms to attack you. Managing to always shoot in the right timing grant a stunlock as his moves will keep getting interrupted by the buster.

Clone megaman had reused the same code (but a bit trickier).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom