Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

• Might and Magic: Book I

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World

Votes: 29 3.9%
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Votes: 59 8.0%
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen

Votes: 182 24.6%
  • Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven

Votes: 210 28.4%
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Might and Magic IX

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Might and Magic X

Votes: 73 9.9%

• Total voters

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I think, I also read that obelisks are not needed for this so maybe GrayFace patch could cause that he wont appear until You check all obelisks.
Yes:
[-] Unicorn King was appearing before obelisks are taken and respawning. Add FixObelisks=0 to INI to disable the fix.
Did you fix by any chance the artefacts getting out of the respawn pool if you don't get them till the next respawn cycle of the map? It was the most idiotic thing in the game.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Interesting video, but someone with a YouTube account should tell Michael Snow a few things:

1. Number of characters in melee is supposed to reflect how narrow the current position is.

2. The beginning of the game is balanced for a party imported from MM1. That's why it's so brutal.

3. You need to map the game.

Incidentally it sounds rather lame to rely so much on Skill Potions. I never used, but if I should ever replay the game I will stock up on them if I'm gonna kille the Mega Dragon.

JDR13

Arcane
2. The beginning of the game is balanced for a party imported from MM1. That's why it's so brutal.

Interesting. I wasn't aware you could import a previous party in any of the M&M games (not including M&M 4 -> 5 of course).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Did you fix by any chance the artefacts getting out of the respawn pool if you don't get them till the next respawn cycle of the map? It was the most idiotic thing in the game.
afaik this one is intended. mm6 and 7 had fixed number of artifacts. Once you reach max number of them you wont get any more, you can get copies.
In mm8 instead they allow you to get all of them, but once. What you dont pick in time disappear, presumably as mechanic to limit number of artifact. Those that cycle out you can obtain in end game area
I know that,also not true about getting them at the end,that shit also repawns and those in there are lost. As a whole MM games always had an annoying system for the artifacts. It is far better to be able to collect them all and just have fun.

JDR13

Arcane
this leaves me with mm7 being never finished. Each time i want to get back to it i remind myself how you are urged to invis your way through :/

I've never played very far into M&M VII, but what do you mean by invis your way through?

The only M&M game I've managed to play to completion is M&M X + expansion. :(

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:negative:
Fuck i am depressed,just finished MM8,i have become too good at this fucking games. I can't get any challenging fight out of it :(,managed to finish the fucking game without even resting. I geared my no dragon party with all the good artifacts in the first 5 months and then spend 4 years goofing around. Light magic buffs too op,melee too op,offensive magic useless later on.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
:negative:
Fuck i am depressed,just finished MM8,i have become too good at this fucking games. I can't get any challenging fight out of it :(,managed to finish the fucking game without even resting. I geared my no dragon party with all the good artifacts in the first 5 months and then spend 4 years goofing around. Light magic buffs too op,melee too op,offensive magic useless later on.

M&M VIII is know for being a cakewalk.
Just try a no crafting, no scribing, no grinding random encounters KotC run to test your skills instead.

Efe

Erudite
feels like yesterday when we were talking about poe tactics and weirdly enough you had three times camping supplies everyone else had and got outed as story mode player...
how have you grown my kebab loving friend!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom