Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New Legacy - The Watchtower

MetalCraze

Arcane
This thread is so fucking epic

FrancoTAU

Cipher
You know, for great programmers that created this awesome graphic engine.... why does their homepage look like a 1995 Geocities page?

Jason

chasing a bee
You'll have to wait until sometime between Feb. 2009 and Sept. 2009 for the real web site.

We are proud to announce that the construction of our server is half complete. The server will host our new official website ( witch will be called http://www.trademarkstudiosromania.com/ ) and some other applications as well. We estimate that work on this server will be completed somewhere between february 2009 and september 2009. We regret to inform you that, because we relocated most of our personel to work on the server, some projects might be delayed.

Radisshu

Prophet
MAN, get their web designer to redo this site. it would be fucking awesome, with large red text and animated floating SKULLS and shit. maybe there could be some midi tunes in the background!

Pastel

Scholar
I don't understand, though, where those other screenshots come from. Especially since they're all pics of that castle from different angles. Are they stolen from some other game or what?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I played Myst the other day. It would have reminded me of this thread if Lumpy and Mareus hadn't done it by posting in it.

But yes, I can't wait! I'm like a schoolgirl on her way to prom in a cute little skirt and a handbag full of condoms.

BladeZ

Novice
I've been browsing the internet recently and here is what I found about the game

FACTS: - The game is scheduled to be published somewhere in 2011
- Some romanian player comunities criticize the producers for "wasting their time making video games, when they should be doing something more usefull instead"
- Regardless of the criticism, there are several fan comunities developing worldwide
- The game will be built on TSR's own graphical platform

FICTION: - It is roumored that the graphical engine is built on entirely diffrent technology than usual ones
- The game is in a late state of development
- There is a demo version of the game
- There is a gameplay video on youtube and it's supposed to be good (if there realy is one, I never found it)

BladeZ

Novice
There might be a lot of rumors about this game, but it's no hoax, I assure you, this game is probably the most important project in the history of romanian video games industry

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BladeZ said:
There might be a lot of rumors about this game, but it's no hoax, I assure you, this game is probably the most important project in the history of romanian video games industry

Have there been any other projects in Romanian video game history?
Just askin'.

Pastel

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
BladeZ said:

Have there been any other projects in Romanian video game history?
Just askin'.
I think my cousin might have started a game. He never finished it.

BladeZ

Novice
Actualy, there have been other romanian videogames and romanians are still making videogames like silent hunter (ubisoft romania), king kong (ubisoft romania), mourning (cataclism studios), but TSR's the new legacy - the watchtower is probably the biggest project so far and the first to be produced by an independent romanian producer. Besides, their graphical engine shows all, I mean, this game might proove to be one worth buying, especialy that the graphical engine is built on entirely diffrent tech than common ones are.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
So, from whom did those guys steal the graphic technology then?
We all know indies can't develop that all by themselves without a huge budget, and we all know Romanians steal. Where from?

BladeZ

Novice
If you sugest that romanians are thieves than you are wrong. Romania is a poor country indeed, but do not mistake romanians for gipsyes, because it's the gipsyes who steal, and no, I don't think they stole the tech, more likely they made it up by themselves, it woulden't be the first time a small studio does that because they could not afford to buy a license. Besides that, romanians are a verry inventive people, they can do a lot of cool stuff, and if their country wouldn't be rulled by corrupt politicians, they would be a great country ( I know because I live in Boston, and I have many romanian friends, they are hard working and most of them underpayed ).

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
One of my best friends is a Romanian too, and his sister is damn hot, but I still like sticking to established stereotypes.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
aren't most east european chicks "hot" by default because they're thinner than american pigladies?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Most European chicks are moar hawt than American chicks by default, just because they are more racially pure, yes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom