Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The next BioShock from 2K's new studio Cloud Chamber

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
He just needs to focus on projects which force him to get his head out of his ass, take himself a little less seriously, and actually have a little fun.

ken-levine1.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
They're doing special discounts on Bioshock series on Steam till the end of this month. Not part of any daily/weekly/publisher promotions. I wonder if they're going to reveal something this month.

Ash

Arcane
LESS T_T Stop promoting this and old Bioshock, heathen. You're advertising this shit, and contributing to the decline.

Good thing I'm not moderator. I'd delete this shit thread and post news about games I deem worthy in its place.

Ash

Arcane
You're dead to me old pal.

Ironically enough I think Bioshock: Infinite is the most worthy game in the series, even if it's shit. It actually has consequences for death for one, making it actually a game with game rules that work in tandem, and tries to distance itself from being a worthless SS2 for retards, instead going for a more straightforward, focused affair. It's not trying or pretending to have gameplay depth this time.
I don't like it, but I respect it more than 1 and 2.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Stoooop. Bioshock 2 is barely any better than BS1 you disappointments. Still has the stupid yellow arrow. Still has the vita chambers. Still has the same watered down SS2 systems. Worse still, it feels highly derivative of BS1 in setting/level design/enemy design most things really and offers up barely anything new.
I'd still rather play it over BS1 for one thing though: dual wielding.

Spukrian

Savant
They were making the game twice, but sold it only once- if you look up Bioshock Infinite gameplay from E3 2011 you'll see a totally different game (yeah, I know games change between the announcement and release, but here it's different).

I like this vid where Booker is voiced by Stephen Russell:

(at least in the beginning of the video)

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Never happened before, and yet it happens again.

oopy2bP.gif

Ironically enough I think Bioshock: Infinite is the most worthy game in the series, even if it's shit. It actually has consequences for death for one, making it actually a game with game rules that work in tandem, and tries to distance itself from being a worthless SS2 for retards, instead going for a more straightforward, focused affair. It's not trying or pretending to have gameplay depth this time.
TBQH Infinite bored me to death in the very beginning, so I went on to play games that I found fun.

Like Thi4f. Bro, what a masterpiece, if only you could learn some tact and appreciate the Gaming Gods! :troll:

Kainan

Learned

Sure you could die but what does it matter when you fight even more retarded enemies then splicers, in an even more retarded setting.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
To think that the vita chambers were present in Bioshock only because they were present in the original System Shock (the resurrection chambers). A formulaic carbon-copy from an old game, without any understanding of the game mechanics associated to it. Bioshock was in its entirety a formulaic carbon-copy of System Shock. Even the "plot twist" was copied from the one in System Shock 2.

ciox

Liturgist
To think that the vita chambers were present in Bioshock only because they were present in the original System Shock (the resurrection chambers). A formulaic carbon-copy from an old game, without any understanding of the game mechanics associated to it. Bioshock was in its entirety a formulaic carbon-copy of System Shock. Even the "plot twist" was copied from the one in System Shock 2.

the game's code has support for vita chambers requiring to be turned on before they work, like SS1.
and it also has support for resurrection costing you money, like SS2.
features were disabled because of the QA testers that couldn't exit a simple room without a tutorial message.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
What are they even going to tell with this one? Rapture is gone, or so I believe, and Infinite had some weird shit going on I'm sure can't be given a sequel to. What is this going to turn into a Far Cry style franchise? Next stop, not Communist China? Ha, as if that'll happen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom