Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Nightscarred: Forgotten Gods - Inspired by Dark Messiah of M&M

Spukrian

Savant

I would've placed this in RPG discussion but the store page never once mentions the word RPG so...

EDIT: SHould I add the Vapourware prefix?

Lemming42

Arcane
I was gonna complain that the Scandinavian dark fantasy setting is the only thing even more boring than Medieval European fantasy, but then I looked it up and found out this game's actually set in Mongolia or something. That was a close one, nearly made myself look like a FUCKING idiot.

Game looks interesting. Cool to see lots of little features like enemies slipping on ice.

TwoEdge

Scholar
This studio is based in Istanbul, and the setting is supposed to drink from Turkic mythos. Like the Alkahest devs, they boast of industry experience but provide no resumé. At least these guys show gameplay footage and have a rich social media presence with pictures and whatnot, but from what I've scoured they're novices. Weird that we get two DMoMM clone announcements back to back and developed by first-timers.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This looks way better than that other Dark Messiah clone because it actually shows functioning gameplay.
And man, what a clone it is! Literally shows off the same spells and environmental interactions as Dark Messiah. Freeze spell that lets you turn enemies to ice and break them, spiky grates you can kick enemies into, etc. Literally same.

Which isn't a bad thing, all that stuff was incredibly fun in Dark Messiah.

Duplarius

Literate
Looks pretty decent. Hopefully there are mods eventually to fix the protagonist's face but you probably won't see it much outside of cutscenes, with all that said, if they shoehorn minorities that don't fit the setting I'll buy it 5 years after release for 5-7 bucks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom