Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Official Photoshop Soviet Propaganda Posters Thread

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
denizsi said:
Okay, that's it. Those fucktards just banned me.

I'm amazed I still haven't been banned to this day. There have been countless times I insulted members, devs and Pete over 3 years, I still do it without the 'naughty' words these days and not one warning! I definitely didn't give anyone a blow job either, or set up the boys from the next block to Pete.

I must've been mistaken for somebody's alt, like Summer.
Do any of the moderators know you're a codexer?

That's the magic banning ticket.

User was nabbed fit

Deny everything and make counter-accusations.

Works for me, so far.

denizsi

Arcane
Do any of the moderators know you're a codexer?

That's the magic banning ticket.[/quote]

Probably not. That should be it then.

You're, like, so wrong. There's a sub-branch of Germanic, that's been through some Anglo-Mongolic bonanza, of which the Scandinavian languages consist -- I'll give you that. But the nazi-speak is "pure" Germanic, or as I previously wrote "Gothic". Then again, this topic is so boring that the one and only truth is to stop talking about it.

Not to be a stubborn ass and bore you to find a pool of shit to swim in, but as I search and read, I see nothing to support the idea that Nazi speak is Gothic. I can't figure out in what context you said that. Care to point me to sources?

St. Toxic

Arcane
I referred to some Dutch as Gothic, that is Germanic.

Information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Germanic_language

The West Germanic languages constitute the largest branch of the Germanic family of languages and includes languages such as German, English and Dutch. The other branches of the Germanic languages are the North and East Germanic languages.

From the time of their earliest attestation, the Germanic varieties are divided into three groups, West, East and North Germanic. Their exact relation is difficult to determine from the sparse evidence of runic inscriptions, and they remained mutually intelligible throughout the Migration period, so that some individual varieties are difficult to classify.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Germanic_languages

The East Germanic languages are a group of extinct Indo-European languages in the Germanic family. The only East Germanic language of which texts are known is Gothic; other languages that are assumed to be East Germanic include Vandalic, Burgundian, and Crimean Gothic. Crimean Gothic is believed to have survived until the 18th century.

My line of thought: West and East Germanic came from the same source, as mutually intelligible languages logically would have. Instead of differating the categories, I put them together, and as the old Germanic is, by me, considered dead, I draw a parallel
to what I assume was the racial classification for these people at that time; goths. It may not be historically correct, but I for one think it's a fairly good category to place the whole prime-german ancestry into. Goths, Vikings, Mongols, Tatars are expressions that I feel account for a big chunk of the eurasian population, without going to deep into what gives birth to who, and which sub-genre goes where and whether or not yabba dabba wabba.

Nazi speak is Gothic.

Couldn't have said it better myself:

Ar·y·an (âr-n, r-)
n.

A member of the people who spoke the parent language of the Indo-European languages.

East Germanic languages

Genetic
classification: Indo-European

:M

Monica21

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
And yes, fuckers, I'm Cow Guru.

:shock: Probably should have noticed though. Damn. I read your posts though, and fail to see any reason why you would have been warned, much less banned. Although, there's also no real reason for the propaganda thread to have been deleted, so, what do I know?

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Something about Oblivion and the forums!
oblivban.jpg

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Inziladun said:
Admiral jimbob said:
And yes, fuckers, I'm Cow Guru. I've avoided your hideous gaze for two years! Two! Take THAT, All-seeing Todd!

Hi, Cow Guru! I've never understood Muffinwind :?

That's okay. Neither have I.

Shocked Probably should have noticed though.

I have a funny feeling someone did. Talaran did tell me she wanted those five minutes she spent looking at the Soviet posters back, which would be a funny thing to say to Cow Guru, as he didn't post them or make them...

dongle

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
Talaran did tell me she wanted those five minutes she spent looking at the Soviet posters back,
Hey, if she spent that much time looking at them, she must have liked them, right? :D

Anyways, sorry I never got a chance to mod with ya. Maybe one day. . . .

Inziladun

Magister
Admiral jimbob said:
Shocked Probably should have noticed though.

I have a funny feeling someone did. Talaran did tell me she wanted those five minutes she spent looking at the Soviet posters back, which would be a funny thing to say to Cow Guru, as he didn't post them or make them...

Well I knew you were a Codexer, looking at some of your posts. I just didn't know who, exactly. So it's quite possible a Moderator did take notice.

Remember my Mass Effect thread from awhile ago? That's when I pretty much figured it out. :P

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have an excellent idea!
Until a final solution is found, all Codexites at the ESF should have to wear a clearly visible tag beneath their screenname, written in yellow, reading CODEXER. They should also be forced to wear the icosahedron clearly visible in their signature, also in yellow.

hiciacit

Liturgist
St. Toxic said:
I referred to some Dutch as Gothic, that is Germanic.

Information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Germanic_language

The West Germanic languages constitute the largest branch of the Germanic family of languages and includes languages such as German, English and Dutch. The other branches of the Germanic languages are the North and East Germanic languages.

From the time of their earliest attestation, the Germanic varieties are divided into three groups, West, East and North Germanic. Their exact relation is difficult to determine from the sparse evidence of runic inscriptions, and they remained mutually intelligible throughout the Migration period, so that some individual varieties are difficult to classify.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Germanic_languages

The East Germanic languages are a group of extinct Indo-European languages in the Germanic family. The only East Germanic language of which texts are known is Gothic; other languages that are assumed to be East Germanic include Vandalic, Burgundian, and Crimean Gothic. Crimean Gothic is believed to have survived until the 18th century.

My line of thought: West and East Germanic came from the same source, as mutually intelligible languages logically would have. Instead of differating the categories, I put them together, and as the old Germanic is, by me, considered dead, I draw a parallel
to what I assume was the racial classification for these people at that time; goths. It may not be historically correct, but I for one think it's a fairly good category to place the whole prime-german ancestry into. Goths, Vikings, Mongols, Tatars are expressions that I feel account for a big chunk of the eurasian population, without going to deep into what gives birth to who, and which sub-genre goes where and whether or not yabba dabba wabba.

Hmm, from that I wouldn't exactly classify 'Dutch' as 'Gothic', but what the hell...

Jasede said:
I have an excellent idea!
Until a final solution is found, all Codexites at the ESF should have to wear a clearly visible tag beneath their screenname, written in yellow, reading CODEXER. They should also be forced to wear the icosahedron clearly visible in their signature, also in yellow.

September 21st, 2006:
All Codexites at ESF forced to move into seperate subforums - known as "ghettos" - safely away from other members.

Inziladun

Magister

Kraszu

Prophet
RadioGnome Invisible said:
Elwro, Kraszu
Yep. Won't argue here. Still, they ended up on another side pretty soon, and it's all what matters in the long run :)

They end up by taking political control over many countries in Europe and half of Germany, that matters in long run, no?

Lumpy

Arcane
I doubt they banned you because you post at the Codex and dislike Oblivion. Ever since there are many others who do the same thing and are not banned.

Lumpy said:
I doubt they banned you because you post at the Codex and dislike Oblivion. Ever since there are many others who do the same thing and are not banned.

Then tell me why they did. I've had three warnings, one for a completely made-up reason, one for a very stupid reason, and one for quoting someone (who never had his post deleted, and as far as I know never received a warning). I assume whatever I did was a "warnable" offense, but I'd like to know the excuse.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hate to derail this thread of ESF forum suxxors with a poster, but...

ports.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
....I can't wait to burn that .but my friend said it's worse than Fable. SOOoooo I dunno , maybe not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom