Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds 2

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Obsidian really let the world down but it was always dwindling returns with them to begin with.

BlackheartXIII

Educated
In Jan 2023 I have notice a large migration of TOW2's narrative team (Mhoon, Stone and Stark) and contect director (Brian Heins) to other ventures in Obsidian and beyond (Stark moved to Activision (Nov 2022) and Heins to Archetype Entertainment (Feb 2023)), Mhoon relocated to staff II in Jan 2023, Stone deleted TOW2 from her twitter bio, but still listed herself as an obsidian narrative designer.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
In Jan 2023 I have notice a large migration of TOW2's narrative team (Mhoon, Stone and Stark) and contect director (Brian Heins) to other ventures in Obsidian and beyond (Stark moved to Activision (Nov 2022) and Heins to Archetype Entertainment (Feb 2023)), Mhoon relocated to staff II in Jan 2023, Stone deleted TOW2 from her twitter bio, but still listed herslef as an obsidian narrative designer.

The Avellone take: this is probably nothing, but he doesn't know anything for certain. https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1633592147474804737

It could just be that Avowed is ramping up and TOW2 is ramping down, artists tend to be the first to be able to leave a project unless they're required to fix optimization bugs.

But to clarify, I don't really know, and speculation is just, well, speculation on my part.

He did express surprise that Heins is gone though:
Wow on Heins. Thought he was a lifer. Interesting.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I hope one day Scorsese makes a Wolf of Silicon Valley about Feargus, worlds best salesman. Dude probably swims butt naked in gold coins, Scrouge McDuck style, while the company he sold has nothing to show after 5 years except some fake trailers with fake gameplay.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I hope one day Scorsese makes a Wolf of Silicon Valley about Feargus, worlds best salesman. Dude probably swims butt naked in gold coins, Scrouge McDuck style, while the company he sold has nothing to show after 5 years except some fake trailers with fake gameplay.
You should know the best,as a former coowner.....

Sooooo do the coins slip in your harry arse while swimming?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom