Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview The Outer Worlds Gameplay Footage, Previews and Interviews

Andhaira

Arcane
Just watched the video, how can the protagonist withstand a hail of bullets at point blank range while wielding a cyber scythe and not die? Did they forget that in KOTOR2 the protagonist had the force and held a lightsaber so it kinda made sense?

Deleted Member 16721

Someone mentioned Tim Cain's "geometric shapes for stats" thing. That was my idea too. Weird. I'm not saying Tim stole it, but I used to cite the NBA 2K5-2K8 series. Each player had various stats for their tendencies of where on the floor they liked to shoot, etc., and they were presented in geometric shapes with parts filled in for what the stat would be. Like a hexagon cut into 5 slices and each slice a certain portion filled in more or less depending on how high or low the stat was. Personally, I like this over raw numbers. Raw numbers are boring, I prefer even grades, like A+ in Shooting, B- in Melee, C+ in Lockpicking, etc., as well as the geometric shapes. Because numbers are just boring. Oh, my attack is a 92 now instead of an 87. Great. The only time numbers are great are when they're small, like in the Infinity Engine and D&D games. Where a THACO of -2 and -5 are a big deal apart within the rules. The opposite of the spectrum are the huge numbers of a game like Diablo 3 where numbers just lose all significance and turn into a math simulator showing 5 and 6 digit numbers for damage and so on. Anything to try something different from raw numbers is a good idea. I'm just surprised Tim had that idea when I was posting about it years ago as well based on my experience with the NBA 2K series (which is more RPG than many RPGs that come out today, with its depth of stats, tendencies and more.) Great minds think alike, I guess. :)

Bohr

Arcane
Someone mentioned Tim Cain's "geometric shapes for stats" thing. That was my idea too. Weird. I'm not saying Tim stole it, but I used to cite the NBA 2K5-2K8 series.

No need to be humble bro, you're speaking up for 'idea guys' everywhere which is a great thing :salute::salute::salute:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Just watched the video, how can the protagonist withstand a hail of bullets at point blank range while wielding a cyber scythe and not die? Did they forget that in KOTOR2 the protagonist had the force and held a lightsaber so it kinda made sense?
Easiest difficulty setting.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
In fear you can run around enemies and their Ai was absolutely idiotic and horribly scripted, wtf are you two on about?
What fear did you play?
The one existing only in marketing hype? Or are you that braindamaged?
Are you retarded? We're obviously talking about FEAR 1 and it's expansion pack "Extraction Point". Just look up the reviews on that game on any site you like and you'll see it constantly getting praised for it's AI by both critics and players alike

And alltogether it was nothing but a direct copy of Max Payne slow mo, ffs.
It's so obvious that you're talking out of your ass. Not only are you clueless about the FEAR franchise, but it seems you've also never played the first two Max Payne games as well.

I asked for brain damaged dumbfuck imbecilic response and i got it.

Fear Ai is shit, no better then any other and often much more dumb and ridiculous as enemies replay exact same scripted moves over and over which can be exploited for hilarious results. Especially made easy with bullet time the game copied from Max Payne. The game where you spend most of your time hiding behind walls and doors waiting for bullet time to recharge, dumbfuck. Whats more, a couple of Half Life marines could wipe out the whole Fear game if only someone fed them enough ammo.
And you are a dumb devolved cretin who bases opinions of fucking reviews on "any sites" and then even cant help but get triggered into hallucinations about what i am talking about and what i -obviously- didnt play.

So those scripted "cool moves" were done specifically for dumb brain damaged shits like you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom