Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Protagonist: EX-1 Released

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Protagonist of what?

"Hehehe, in our game you play as .... wait for it..... THE PROTAGONIST"

A clear sign that devs think they are much smarter than they really are.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Interesting mechanic that combat shield. Seeing enemy grunts use it reminds me of hexen a bit with the damn slaughtuars or w/e they are called.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Its brutal doom so expect people to experiment on all sorts of shit. If one doesn't want that shit, then play vanilla. I won't baby the shit and say doom II was the greatest of scenarios nor episode 4 of the first doom. The original three episodes are golden. Doom 2 had some great new mobs and the double barrel shotgun. Personally, I would have loved a few more weapons. If you play just the old doom engine switching out wad files from various moddee back in the day then seeing doom in a more modern light is nice else switch to Quake, Duke 3D, Blood, Unreal, and maybe Half-life.

I enjoyed Heretic but didn't get all that far in Hexen. Finished Witchaven but never played the sequel. Fucked around with Wolf Spear of D but never finished. Z-doom, and J-doom mods were fun back in the day but there's so many interfaces and shit I never touched. Brutal doom piqued my interest a lot so I tried some of it out. When i see some new shit like shield use, kicks, slides, and naturally the gore, so many new weapons and mobs; it seems pretty damn unreal. Fun shit to swap around until you find what you want..... until bored and change again.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Adding a shield you might as well be adding a cover mechanic. Goes against the core identity of the game

People should stop experimenting in general. Experimentation has resulted in blue cheese in hamburgers and similar nonsense

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well, then we should discard all progress and go back to being hairless ass apes gathering in small groups and forego all technology. Its the only way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom