Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The PS5 and Xbox 2 thread - it's happening

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

deama

Prophet
it will probably have 16gb of ram and maybe the cpu will also be 3ghz.

Sounds a lot like my almost 10 year old PC.

Yea go back in time and how much you needed to pay it back then and todays GPUs were not available. On ps5 and xbox 2 you will need double or triple the compute power of PC to achieve the same level of performance, it's just simple math and logic like i explained a few posts earlier so i won't be repeating myself again.

And because the cpus stagnated around the 3ghz-4ghz mark, PC's will be choking on ps5 and xbox 2 ports because it's not possible to write games directly to software like on console.
The raw power on PC is simply not available because moore law has hit the wall, while console has optimizations.

So in first time in history, PS5 and Xbox 2 might actualy be 'the master race' for a few years untill new PC hardware will be available.
by the time xbone 2 and ps5 will release, the 1180s or 1280s are gonna be out.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Yea go back in time and how much you needed to pay it back then and todays GPUs were not available. On ps5 and xbox 2 you will need double or triple the compute power of PC to achieve the same level of performance, it's just simple math and logic like i explained a few posts earlier so i won't be repeating myself again.

And because the cpus stagnated around the 3ghz-4ghz mark, PC's will be choking on ps5 and xbox 2 ports because it's not possible to write games directly to software like on console.
The raw power on PC is simply not available because moore law has hit the wall, while console has optimizations.

So in first time in history, PS5 and Xbox 2 might actualy be 'the master race' for a few years untill new PC hardware will be available.
yea but most likely the cpus will be the same 3-4 ghz like theyve been past 8 years.

deama

Prophet

yea but most likely the cpus will be the same 3-4 ghz like theyve been past 8 years.
well, it's not just about the ghz?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Just a question,why to buy consoles again? This generation only started pumping out games more consistently last 2 years and they are talking about X bone 2 and Gaystation 5? I mean, if you are a console faggot and wanna play a PS 3 game nowdays, if your PS 3 bricked, without buying it again as a remake, if you are lucky and they made a remake, you are fucking out of luck, this is fucking insanity. It is like every new version of Windows, you needed a separated computer to run the previous version. Why bother with this shit? Sony exclusives are better played on youtube and Microsoft is too busy shitting themselves as dementia takes them over.

TedNugent

Arcane
I just spent $500 on an Xbox One X!!

Microsoft promised me that it was the most powerful console in the world!
:stunned:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

in case of CPU's, it's only about the HZ, more cores just offload tasks, they do not give more fps.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

yea but the new consoles will have cpus equivalent to current PC's, CPU's have hit moores law 8 years ago, meaning consoles will have RAM and CPU equivalent to top PC specs and this won't change for some time, and with optimizations for consoles, the new gen of consoles will be topping PC's for some years if there will not be a real breakthrough in CPU's

deama

Prophet

in case of CPU's, it's only about the HZ, more cores just offload tasks, they do not give more fps.
I see, I see, so that's why a 4.2Ghz is somehow weaker than a 3.5Ghz, by 60%...:M
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-vs-AMD-FX-4350/3503vs2880

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

I see, I see, so that's why a 4.2Ghz is somehow weaker than a 3.5Ghz, by 60%...:M
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-vs-AMD-FX-4350/3503vs2880

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_page...00kthe_2018_review_time_for_an_upgrade,1.html

Felix

Arcane
Meh, more processing power just make developers lazy.

Constraints are what force people to come up with something interesting instead of relying on 'mindblowing' grafix.

TedNugent

Arcane
Supposedly this should run in real time on next gen consoles

Just imagine the amazing real time cutscenes.

It will be like a real time movie - almost as good as an actual movie with actual people, and with the same level of interaction.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
first rumours

technical-wise, the system “uses AMD's Navi as its base architecture, not specifically using Navi,or “APU with a Navi gpu.” So it definitely sounds like next-gen level hardware. The CPU has also reportedly been noted as “an 8 Core Zen CPU,” but no other details have been revealed aside from that.
PSX 2018 - PS5 teased
E3 2019 - full reveal
Holidays 2019 - worldwide release

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/04/04/ps5-details-playstation-5-release-date/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom