Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Random Adventure Game News Thread

trustno1code

Prophet
Remember The Neverhood? Doug TenNapel is getting the gang together and doing a new claymation adventure:

https://www.facebook.com/TheNeverhoodGame/posts/10151796057989466

Through the years Neverhood fans have asked for another game, and I'm partnering with my EWJ and Neverhood buddies Mike Dietz and Ed Schofield to make a full sized, PC and Mac point and click adventure game in clay and puppet animation. New characters, but in my usual style. Terry Taylor is doing the music. Here's where you come in. What would you, the Neverhood fans, want to see in a new game? We'll read every suggestion and actually try to make all of the good ideas happen! Now it's your turn.

trustno1code

Prophet
Well it won't be literally The Neverhood 2, the rights are with EA and they don't give a rats ass about doing anything with it. More of a "spiritual successor", like in the quote, "New characters, but in the usual style."

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Didn't he promise a new EWJ game and an animated Neverhood movie a few years back too?
I'll believe it when I see it.

edit: Whoops, that was a EWJ movie and the deal was with Interplay so naturally nothing happened.

Hopefully he's chosen his business partners more carefully this time.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Robert Wing ‏@RobertAWing
@Telltalegames Telltale Games Set to Announce Something Soon About One of Their Titles! http://www.allthatsepic.com/epic-gaming/telltale-games-plans-to-give-gamers-something-to-howl-about/ … via @allthatsepic

It looks like we can expect a sizable announcement from The Walking Dead developer Telltale Games in the very near future. The official Telltale Games Twitter explained that they’d be showing gamers ‘something to howl about’, and soon.​

While gamers will undoubtedly be looking for information on the highly anticipated next chapter in The Walking Dead saga, it seems far more likely that this announcement will be about the upcoming Fables title given the choice of terminology. For those unaware, the protagonist of the Fables game is one Bigby Wolf, and, Telltale Games promised to give gamers something to howl about. There’s always a chance though. People howl in terror, and The Walking Dead video game had some fairly horrifying moments.​

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

trustno1code

Prophet
I'm not one to spam bundle links, but this one seems to be by the "good guys", DRM-free & indie first and foremost, charity and a 'Dev Grant' to support an upcoming indie, and they're selling like shit. So why not throw them a bone:

Bundle In A Box: Cerebral Bundle

$1.99 minimum for Vampires, Dinner Date, Phantasmaburbia, Necrotic Drift Deluxe, Dédale De Luxe, Amidos Puzzle Collection.
BTA (currently $5.48) for J.U.L.I.A., I Get This Call Every Day, Cognition, Ep.1: The Hangman, Reversion - The Meeting.

Anybody know anything about Necrotic Drift? Never heard of it myself before, but how often do You see a text adventure in a bundle anyway.
245_84_83_1.png

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Disney closed Lucas Arts ... I didn't quite liked their recent works but still damn you Disney(and whoever sold them) At least SW 1313 survived, yay...I guess... And 150 people lost their jobs.
R.I.P. I shall remeber you with Full Throtle, Dig, Sam&Max, Monkey İsland and Outlaws :/ Not with shitty SW Unleashed games.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/lucasa...slot;LucasartsClosed;LucasartsClosed;ReadMore

Edit: Well, maybe it is for the better, just remembered that Kinect dance game ugh....

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
There is a slight possibility Disney will sell-off the IP that isn't Star Wars related, if anyone wants it enough to offer them cash. That could be one upside I suppose.

I would guess Monkey Island is the only one anyone would pay for though.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hope for a Full Throtle sequel or at least something look alike but don't think that'll happen. TellTale games maybe get some of them.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I hope for a Full Throtle sequel or at least something look alike but don't think that'll happen. TellTale games maybe get some of them.

Telltale did do Monkey Island relatively well. They ended it on a cliffhanger too, and would certainly be up for hiring Rob Gilbert. The problem there is how much money Disney would want for it, and whether Telltale is even interested in continuing the series after The Walking Dead did what it did.

I don't see Schafer going after anything, he seems pretty opposed to sequels in general, which I actually applaud. I really miss the style of the old LA games more than I miss the actual IP or want sequels to all of them.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
I won't blame Disney for this, Lucas has been dead for years.
This said, I agree, we really don't need a shitty MI (I couldn't even bring myself to finish MI5) or MM with shitty mechanics, cameras and puzzles.
What we need is a spiritual successor, yes, but I will always miss the sheer brilliance of MI1-3 (yes, 3, too)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom