Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Random Adventure Game News Thread

jfrisby

Cipher
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They put out a demo for Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet! [kickstarter]

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The demo is pretty short though. Too short :(

The game looks like it'll be quite sweet, however. I reeeally hope it makes it.

RPGMaster

Savant
tumblr_mo18jj9rnM1rhf0ijo1_r5_1280.gif

Gorgeous art work. Will def buy if not shit.

Thanks for bringing this information to my fingertips.

:thumbsup:

trustno1code

Prophet
An adventure game I've never even heard of until yesterday was released on 18.7. It's called The Inner World and looks quite charming. Unfortunately seems it's only a German release for now. Can't find any info on their site that indicates an English translation is in the works.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You said the magic word.

edit: fuck horror

Last edited:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream is now available somewhere...to buy ... I don't know exactly where but it's available :P

(only posting about it here because I have no other adventure game news atm, sorry bros )

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

Redlands

Arcane

Is this the version where Brandon goes "Oh shit!" when he crosses the bridge without taking certain measures to protect himself, or the other one?

I am not sure as I haven't had the chance to play it yet but if I find out sooner or later, I'll let you know :D

I can confirm that this is the talkie version :)

Then I'm pretty sure it's the one without the "Oh shit!", since that got removed/wasn't included in the talkie version, iirc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I just found an old Adventure I remembered from the past on abandonware: "Dragon Lore II: Heart of the Dragon Man"
http://www.abandonware-france.org/ltf_abandon/ltf_jeu.php?id=815&fic=liens

Somewhen 20 years ago I bought this and sold again because I thought it was an RPG, which it wasn't. Neither did I like the movement controls. Now I think it's actually not that bad, and it really has its own charme. A charme I miss from many of today's games. Also the graphics are neat (of course it's all prerendered 3D video clips, but still...), and the decent GUI design is nice.

Use the "Automatique" download, which downloads the whole package (including dosbox integration already. You just need to install and play). Unfortunately it is completely in french so it takes some guesswork to play. What I didn't realize in the past is, that you need to take all weapons in the beginning and there is a weapon for every enemy which kills him most quickly (you know it's the right weapon when each hit removes 10 hitpoints from the enemy). If you don't know that you can rage pretty quickly.

31007dlore_071.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom