Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Real Codex GOTY

Choose the 2021 RPG Codex GOTY

• Knights of the Chalice 2

• I'm a faggot and I wouldn't know what is a RPG, let alone a great one if you rubbed it on my face

Results are only viewable after voting.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I watched the video on the GOG link below and Im not sure how I feel about this game
I think it looks nice:

So what if Pierre doesn't have a kabillion dollars and isn't able to dosh out on artists in order to make pretty graphics. The underlying mechanics are great. The build making is great. The difficulty is great. Plus there's tools for people to make their own modules too. So if you don't like the base modules. Create your own with fancy graphx. There's an option to upload custom sprites and shit.

BruceVC

Magister
I watched the video on the GOG link below and Im not sure how I feel about this game, I dont want to unnecessarily negative so I would like to hear what other members think about the gameplay video ?

https://af.gog.com/game/knights_of_the_chalice_2?as=1649904300
If you like building a custom party of D&D class characters, and have challenging turn-based encounters, you will most likely enjoy the game.

I use to be a DM in the AD&D 2nd edition Forgotten Realms for 12 years so I love anything and everything to do with AD&D\D&D and will generally buy all PC games related to this genre and I dont mind the modern edition rulesets. My favorite RPG of all time is BG2:ToB (followed by Witcher 3 ). So yes I love creating custom parties and the GOG link highlighted some exciting components in this game

I am going to wait for its full release and then see what the reviews are like and what Codex members, who are real fans of D&D gaming mechanics , have to say who play the game. I want this game to succeed and I will now be following its progress :salute:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am going to wait for its full release and then see what the reviews are like and what Codex members, who are real fans of D&D gaming mechanics , have to say who play the game. I want this game to succeed and I will now be following its progress :salute:
Anyone who says anything bad about KotC 2 is either a spy or Todd Howard.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
How much did you pay for the game? I looked up first part on steam and the price is quite insane.

I paid about $20 for the first Chalice on release. Getting the second one on Kickstarter was $27 minimum. Niche games get niche prices.

Sunri

Liturgist

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It might be worth $20 I'm just not sure if I will enjoy it.

Chalice Knights has a free demo that will more or less show you what you're in for (only no character creation).

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
How much did you pay for the game? I looked up first part on steam and the price is quite insane.
Yes, if by "insane" you mean "too low for how good it is".

It might be worth $20 I'm just not sure if I will enjoy it.
There's a free demo both on GOG and Steam.

If you enjoy D&D 3.x combat system and turn based games, you will love KotC.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Talisman board games?
rating_prestigious.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom