Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread - SUMMER SALE 2024

Modron

Arcane
There are to many factors to be able to answer that with certainty. In theory, it could be months away.
If it's trickled into months my guess would be scammer stole someone's identity, got a credit card in their name or they scammed a developer out of some keys and they just looked to see the range of them popping up all over the world.

On a really rare occasion a storefront might have erroneously included them in a bundle against the developer's wishes like so: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/833360/view/3883856311513332061.

Elttharion

Learned
Anyways I'm poor and I cant afford to buy most games with real prices so no shame.
If you need to buy something, you go to keyshops: https://gg.deals/game/hi-fi-rush/

Since Steam has raised prices, I have purchased a lot of bundled games from there and none of them were revoked.

Only one time a key was already activated, but I sent a message to the trader with a screenshot and he replaced it for me.

If you want to buy from someone on SteamTrades or Barter, you need to check their reputation first.

Judging from what I see on GG Deals, the lowest Hi-Fi Rush was is $6.19, so if someone is selling for lower than that it should raise questions.
Yeah, I'm aware of GG.deals, but if you found someone who just wanted to get rid of his keys, you could get games for much cheaper than even the cheapest price on GG.deals.

For example, I got Kingdoms of Amalur: FATE Edition for 5 dollars on Steamtrades, even though it should be 8 dollars at least.

Or from the same guy who sold me Hi-Fi Rush, I also got Atari: 50th Anniversary for 2 dollars, but it's 3.18 dollars on GG.deals. (This is why I'm not sure if he was a scammer, because the Atari game is working fine so far).

But after having that experience, I'm going to be much more cautious.
Steam removing a game from your library usually happens when either the publisher revokes the key or if the store contacts steam when someone does a chargeback on their credit card. Stolen credit cards are usually the biggest reason why keys are revoked. What was his reputation on steamtrades? I never had a problem there but I only trade with people with public steam accounts and very high positive reputations. Seems weird someone would nuke his account for 5 bucks. Did he block you on steam? Cant you check his account in you trade history?

I also only had problems with key sellers once, when a dude sold me RUS locked key, he apologized and refunded the full ammount for me in less than an hour.
I see. So the stolen credit card theory is the strongest. Do you know how long it takes for this to take effect? For example, can a game be revoked months after being activated?

His reputation on Steamtrades was +11. I know that's low, but I bought keys from lower reputations and I was fine.

His steam profile was not public. That should have been a red flag, but I didn't think anything of it. I should pay attention to that from now on.

He didn't nuke his account. Just closed all the open deals. He also made some deals with others. Some of them are resellers, so if he sold them a bad key, it would take a while for them to find out.

I have sent him a friend request again. I doubt he would accept it, but we'll see.
I dont think there is a time limit, I know the Factorio devs have revoked keys from G2A months after they were activated. Ubisoft did the same a few years ago. +11 is kinda low, yeah, but for a bundled game it shouldnt be a huge problem. The steam profile would be a better way to judge his account.

You should at least post on a negative rep in his steamtrades profile to see if he will say anything.

Chuck Norris

Augur
I dont think there is a time limit, I know the Factorio devs have revoked keys from G2A months after they were activated.
Well, that's just peachy. But at least I have access to all the other people who I have bought keys from. They are reputable.

You should at least post on a negative rep in his steamtrades profile to see if he will say anything.
I did, and also reported his Steam profile.

But I don't think it will amount to anything. He hasn't been online in Steamtrades since he closed his deals. I guess he just wanted to sell some dodgy keys and call it quits afterwards.

And Steam said on its report page that they don't ban profiles because of these reports, but they just want to stay up-to-date about the recent trends in scamming.

Latelistener

Arcane
Usually only dev could revoke keys months and years away and it happens rarely and frowned upon.

If you don't want your keys to be sold on gray market sites, you don't sell your keys in batches to anyone and don't do bundles.

As being said, most likely there was something wrong with his card (stolen?). Maybe his dad found out he's wasting his money again and did a chargeback. No wonder he's not answering.

Most likely Humble Choice purchase where the game is featured currently got revoked along with other keys. Yes, they can revoke keys from Steam if you did a refund for some reason.

All in all, it seems like you just caught lightning in a bottle, but the cheap price should have been the first reason to avoid him.

Last edited:

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Buy the game legitimately or pirate it.
Both ethically superior than these shady key-sellers.

Chuck Norris

Augur
One of the other traders who I happened to be friends with sent me a message saying that he noticed my bad review and his copy of High on Life from the same trader got revoked too. Said that in his 4 years of trading and 675 successful trades, this is the first time he got scammed this way. So as I said, this was an anomaly. And probably a new way of scamming. So one gotta be aware.

Mitleser2020

Scholar
Just a delist or will it become unplayable as well?

On December 15, Forza Horizon 4 will be delisted from stores and Xbox Game Pass. This means the game and its additional content will no longer be available for purchase. Players who already own the game and its content will be able to download and play it as normal, including its offline, online, and multiplayer features; physical copies of the game purchased after this date will also work and will be able to use online features.
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1293830/view/4185613970227394261

Modron

Arcane
As far as I understand FH 2's servers were shut down last year, so don't count on FH4 online stuff lasting more than another 3 years. Still this thing does have an offline mode so don't expect to get sCrewed out of your game.

ferratilis

Magister
It has an offline mode, but they didn't explain how seasons will work after delisting, as those were handled by the server. Also, will all the cars that were a part of Forza playlist be available to players after delisting? I understand that all racing games will eventually suffer this fate due to how licensing works, but I especially dislike how Forza games are based on live service FOMO bullshit to keep you log in every week. Other than that, FH4 has some of the finest arcade racing since the early 00's.

EDIT: So they WILL make it possible to obtain all cars. And they also released information for all achievement hunters as to how obtain MP related achievements before the last festival playlist.
  • Even though there won’t be any more Festival Playlists after Series 77 (August 22), you will still be able to see the Forza Events screen which will include a selection of daily and weekly challenges. Completing these challenges and Forzathon Live Events will earn you Forzathon Points that you can exchange for Backstage Passes.
  • We will update the Backstage Pass Cars list with all the remaining cars that have previously been Festival Playlist Exclusive after Series 77.
Unlike those cunts at Ubisoft, this is a more graceful way of delisting a game. It also works well on Linux, which is a boon for Steam Deck users.

Now the only question that remains is what happens with all the custom car tunes and community created liveries? But I guess they'll answer that in due time.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
I wouldn't call removing DLC the same day you announce the retirement "graceful".

Even the Ultimate edition is missing at least two DLCs and there is no way to buy them now.

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Screenshot-20240626-071630.png

I'll wait for a better deal, like maybe -110% off where, you know, they actually pay me $3.99

Chuck Norris

Augur
Man, this is disappointing. All of the games in my wishlist have gotten the same discounts they would regularly get. And the Deep discount list is so short and mostly unremarkable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom