Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
BTW I see Red Dead Redemption is 67% off for the first time and the Ultimate Edition is 70% off for the first time.I see the Ultimate Edition has some multiplayer extras I don't give a fuck about and some single player extras,is the single player extra content any good and worth the extra money?
Nah, I think I did use the horse but it even took me a while to realize it came from Ultimate Edition. Nice bonuses but worth nowhere near $10.

Thinking about these but still on the fence about AoE4. How is it lately?
View attachment 30909
Golden Idol is 5h and good fun. Like a simpler, shorter Obra Dinn.

Golden Idol is really good. I actually liked it better than Obra Dinn, but it's definitely a simpler game.

I like Hitman but I never played the games that came out after the 2016 reboot. I'd like to purchase 2 and 3 but the pricing and number of editions are just so ridiculous that I'm completely put off. Also, it seems pretty expensive. What a shame, I'm sure the games themselves are pretty good.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like Hitman but I never played the games that came out after the 2016 reboot. I'd like to purchase 2 and 3 but the pricing and number of editions are just so ridiculous that I'm completely put off. Also, it seems pretty expensive. What a shame, I'm sure the games themselves are pretty good.
Just buy the trilogy here unless you think it's too much $. This is the whole trilogy, three full-length games for $12 each including variant versions of all the missions for bananas replay value. You really won't need any more wacky add-ons or weapon packs.

Just buy the trilogy here unless you think it's too much $. This is the whole trilogy, three full-length games for $12 each including variant versions of all the missions for bananas replay value. You really won't need any more wacky add-ons or weapon packs.
That's pretty expensive really, even at -65% off, but I realize it's a huge amount of content. It'd be nice to get a little bit of the price shaved off since I own Hitman 2016 with all DLC.

Anyway, thanks. I'll think about it. Do you think 2 and 3 are about as good as the 2016 game?

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's pretty expensive really, even at -65% off, but I realize it's a huge amount of content. It'd be nice to get a little bit of the price shaved off since I own Hitman 2016 with all DLC.
Yeah, it's weird that HITMAN 1 is already free in that package, so you don't save anything by already having it :(

Anyway, thanks. I'll think about it. Do you think 2 and 3 are about as good as the 2016 game?
I didn't play H3 yet, but I like H2 a lot. The level designers really hit their stride, with sprawling maps that make the huge open H1 missions feel almost constrained by comparison. $30+ better? Maybe not but to answer your question yes H2 at least equals the quality of H1.

This one is kinda fun once you get over the beginning where you have nothing but a basic punch, but if you're hoping to play co-op let player 2 be the person who just wants a beat'em up and cares less about items, attributes and skills, since player 1 decides on those and then they're copied for p2. Also, hope you have good memory for those chinese names, at one point I forgot Zhang Fei was one of the guys in my party and not a member of the Fei brothers we were fighting. At least the places involved in your current quest are marked on the map and you don't have to remember if you have to go to Zóuang, Ziang, or Zweiang.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's weird that HITMAN 1 is already free in that package, so you don't save anything by already having it :(

I didn't play H3 yet, but I like H2 a lot. The level designers really hit their stride, with sprawling maps that make the huge open H1 missions feel almost constrained by comparison. $30+ better? Maybe not but to answer your question yes H2 at least equals the quality of H1.
If I buy H2 Gold do I get to import all the content into 3 for free? It's slightly cheaper that way, and has more levels than the Trilogy edition.

Zombra

Patron
If I buy H2 Gold do I get to import all the content into 3 for free? It's slightly cheaper that way, and has more levels than the Trilogy edition.
I don't claim to understand all the twists and turns of the disturbed and idiotic maze dreamed up by IO's drugged out marketing department; but since the Gold Edition contains vanilla H2 I can't imagine it wouldn't be the exact same as simply owning H2 and also other stuff.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Yes, basically if you own a base game and their corresponding premium add-on (GOTY Upgrade for H1, Gold Edition/Expansion for H2) then you have everything from that game playable in H3. If you buy the trilogy pack, you still need premium add-ons bundle which includes DLC maps from H1 and 2, basically DLCs for DLCs as ridiculous as it sounds.

Here's a lengthy guide that explains everything.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
More Alien Shooters... they finally added add-ons for the first game - Experiment and Fight for Life.
Some games in the series had some updates too, mostly for cards or achievements.
But some prices were better on GamesGate, mostly games from 2020-2022...

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
This is what I got,

Deus Ex GOTY - cult game, literally $1
Arcanum - cult RPG, $1.5
Supreme Commander Gold - heard a lot of great things about this game but never played, $3 with expansion
Deathtrap - this is a small tower defence game set in the Van Helsing universe, played it several years ago and enjoyed, felt like playing it again. $2
Dawn of War collection - the last great RTS. I often had issues installing the pirated version (because 4 expansions) so I bought it. I think $6
Dying Light EE - heard good things about this open-world game from people I trust. I think $9 with expansion

total $22

so all this combined is still less than expensive than most modern trash RPGs such as Pillars, Numenera, Skyrim, Outer Worlds, Tyranny, Mass Effect Andromeda, DAI, etc.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://store.steampowered.com/app/690250/Judge_Dredd_95/
is getting delisted soon

in other news - if you own Gothic 2 Gold Edition you can now play without add-on Night of the Raven
515794843.jpg

Modron

Arcane
Freedom Fighters, Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships, Planet Alcatraz, Unravel Bundle, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuths, and some dlc for Sea Dogs To Each His own. Nothing I really wanted was that deeply discounted.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Jedi Fallen Order - refunded after 1 hour. Clunky combat, story starts with a deus ex machina moment and the levels are bland streamlined. Also forced me to create an EA account. There was some charm because it's Starwars but ... meh.

Horizon's Gate - refunded after 5 minutes. Maybe the game is good but two things: (1) don't force me to watch the action of each unit and (2) the dialogues are splitted in top and bottom windows. Seriously wtf!?

Wasteland 3 - not refunded yet. I bought only the base game for 10 bucks. I still have some hope.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Dying Light EE - heard good things about this open-world game from people I trust. I think $9 with expansion
you trust wrong people
Go on
Mechanically the game is excellent however the story is crap.

One more thing: don't bother with Dying Light 2.

Yes I know the story is meh

The gameplay of DL1 is nice, especially at night

DL1 is a better game than DL2 will be

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom