Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Solid Snail

Learned
Beat Voodoo Vince Remastered- It was really good, I would suggest it if you liked Psychonauts. The whole game was brain-dead easy but from the Circus level it turns into a frustrating thing expecially the very last section where if you screw a jump you are done because there are no checkpoints in the middle of the level, I hated that.

Last edited:

GrainWetski

Arcane
YAKUZA_TEASER_GIF_03.gif

CjRHevW.png

Solid Snail

Learned
So I started Legend of Kay which was in my backlog from years and...it's really mediocre. I mean, it's not bad, but it's not even good, I played two levels, the intro one which was longer and the second with rabbits and the whole thing feels really boring.
Does it get better or I can skip it? Because I feel I can spend my time much better than playing this.

Also

https://store.steampowered.com/app/834530/Yakuza_Kiwami/

Pre-order for 10% off.

And finally

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_3

Tyranny in the third tier. Sad. I own Shadow Tactics, hopefully Tyranny will be in the Monthly soon, considering this is the pattern for Humble lately (put a game in tier 3 first, put it in the Monthly later).

jasaro96

Educated
So I started Legend of Kay which was in my backlog from years and...it's really mediocre. I mean, it's not bad, but it's not even good, I played two levels, the intro one which was longer and the second with rabbits and the whole thing feels really boring.
Does it get better or I can skip it?

For me the combat got awfully repetitive. Like you you said it's not bad, but it won't get better on the run.

Modron

Arcane
I have some games on Uplay but I haven't even bothered re-installing it for more than a year. Why the fuck would you install Steam and then Uplay? Fuck UBI.
Would you prefer they just make all the games they publish uplay store exclusives like EA, Microsoft, and probably Epic will do moving forward? I mean of all the big publishers I find Ubisoft to be the least offensive.

Solid Snail

Learned
I have the feeling LIS2 Episode 1 will end up in a bundle very soon, it's 60% off on GMG, it's on Game Pass (with the upcoming episode 2 too)...I wouldn't be surprised if Square makes it free. Selling the game for 40€ and having such a bad schedule release is probably biting their asses.

ortucis

Prophet
I have some games on Uplay but I haven't even bothered re-installing it for more than a year. Why the fuck would you install Steam and then Uplay? Fuck UBI.
Would you prefer they just make all the games they publish uplay store exclusives like EA, Microsoft, and probably Epic will do moving forward? I mean of all the big publishers I find Ubisoft to be the least offensive.

There's no guarantee the same won't happen with Origin and Uplay.

Also, I bought The Division and Siege and both of them still require Uplay to be running along with Steam. Never buying any UBI game. Besides, all their games are same generic shite following same formula, not a big loss. Still pissed off about those purchases.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Don't think this needs any intro but included because well steam was mostly flooded with vn like games this week

Calling german autists

:neveraskedforthis:

Did vdweller plug his platformer here already?

Solid Snail

Learned
Is Dragon Ball FighterZ Online dead? I tried to do an online match (ranked or casual or arena) for 40 minutes and I can't find a single one, don't understand if because I selected Italy in the server list, the online is busted or what.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Is Dragon Ball FighterZ Online dead? I tried to do an online match (ranked or casual or arena) for 40 minutes and I can't find a single one, don't understand if because I selected Italy in the server list, the online is busted or what.

I recently watched a YT video covering this, but can't seem to find that exact video. But this one goes into it:

Tl;dw = The game is mostly dead because fighting game tournaments won't host it. Fighting game tournaments won't host it because Bandai/Namco are being dicks about how the game gets used on the esports-level.

Adon

Arcane
Tekken 7 and SoulCalibur VI are also Bandai Namco games, and they don’t have that problem. So the popular theory, and most likely scenario is that Koei are the ones being anal about DBFZ.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Tekken 7 and SoulCalibur VI are also Bandai Namco games, and they don’t have that problem. So the popular theory, and most likely scenario is that Koei are the ones being anal about DBFZ.

This is all IIRC-territory to me, but the blame was put at either Koei or Bandai/Namco's feet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom