Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

Sentinel

Arcane

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
New Big Picture (based on Steam Deck UI) is now on beta client: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/3394051164709183117

Updated Big Picture is now available for testing

We are preparing to update Big Picture mode with the new interface we designed for Steam Deck, and today we’re making it available for testing. This update has been a long time coming, and we’re very excited to start gathering community feedback.

87da645f5fe71664a9aa25e2debb1d4295ca4583.png

This controller-first interface was designed for Steam Deck in handheld and docked mode, and is perfect for all the scenarios Big Picture mode currently handles. The updated Big Picture mode includes features like:
  • New Home Screen, where you can continue playing recent games, and see what’s new with the games in your library.
  • New Universal Search, that searches across Library, Store, and your friends
  • New controller configurator, designed for ease-of-use of picking, adjusting, or creating custom controller configurations
  • Optimized Steam Store for controller navigation
  • Updated in-game overlay, with access to achievements and guides
    • Press Steam / Guide / PS button while in game
  • New system menu, for quick navigation to different parts of the interface
    • Access this with the Steam / Guide / PS button
  • New quick access menu, for access to notifications, friends list, quick settings, and more.
    • Access this with Steam / Guide / PS button + A
The team is still polishing rough edges - but the interface is at a point where we’re ready to gather community feedback. If you’d like to help test, please:
If you’re up for helping us test the updated Big Picture, please provide feedback at the Big Picture forums. Thank you!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Today we take a look at Portal 2's cut content, featuring new and exclusive information. Our coverage of Portal 2 looks at the origins of several characters such as GLaDOS, Chell, Wheatley, Cave Johnson, and several other characters who never made it to Valve's final game.

Codex Year of the Donut
how do I use the old genre pages on steam? the new ones suck

even worse, if you keep loading more entries it doesn't unload the older ones and causes the page to lag

Modron

Arcane
I think the new system replaced the old genre pages, as an alternative you could just enter a blank search and narrow by tag and type that might not be as resource intense.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
as an alternative you could just enter a blank search and narrow by tag and type that might not be as resource intense.

Yeah that is basically what i've always being using, i never found the dedicated genre pages that useful since all the information is available from the search results page anyway and you get more tools to search and filter (especially with the augmented steam addon).

Codex Year of the Donut
re: my previous question
For whatever reason, loading more doesn't unload previous and causes the page to slowdown, but it does add a "&offset=xyz" to the URL so you can just refresh and it starts at that offset. I'm not sure if this should have left beta yet...

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
New Big Picture (based on Steam Deck UI) is now on beta client: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/3394051164709183117

This is now on stable version of client, but it's still in test phase and behind command-line: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/3388424091283734941

Steam Client Update - November 16th

A new Steam client has been released and will be automatically downloaded

New Big Picture Mode
  • Updated Big Picture is now available for testing. You can read more about it in this blog post. Modify your Steam client shortcut and add -gamepadui on the command-line to automatically start Steam in the new Big Picture Mode. Alternatively, pass -newbigpicture to start in Desktop mode and have access to the new Big Picture Mode at any time.

General
  • Reduced client startup times for users with large game libraries
  • Fixed issue where launching a game would take longer to start if there was no network connection
  • Fixed VR flags not showing up in app details for some games
  • Center the popup controller configurator window when viewing controller layout
  • Fixed circular download progress indicator being broken in game entry list
  • Fixed downloads page crashing when starting in offline mode
  • Downloads page now properly responds to online/offline status
  • Updated “Steam News” popup dialog (again)

Sign In
  • Fix a case where if the sign-in UI had cached credentials which had become invalid, it could get stuck and not accept valid credentials thereafter
  • Fixed an input focus bug requiring an initial click on the sign in UI before you could type your username or password
  • Fixed issues with dragging or closing the sign in window, and related display scaling issues, on computers with nonstandard desktop scaling
  • Fixed an edge case in handling of invalid cached credentials affecting reauthentication
  • Fixed issue with sign in refresh UI when the user had already signed in once during the current session.

Steam Input
  • Gyro Enabling: The "Touch" option is now available to controllers which do not have capacitive touch sensors - Moving joysticks out of their deadzone now counts as a "Touch".
  • All controller types can each now optionally choose to use a Nintendo-style layout. This flips the A and B button and X and Y button universally in Steam and in games.
  • The Xbox extended features driver has been updated for Windows 11
  • Fixed hang when the Amazon Luna controller rumbles on macOS
  • Fixed issue with the touch binding in As Mouse mode releasing before the end of a swipe

Remote Play
  • Fixed occasional long hitches during Windows desktop capture
  • Fixed glyphs for third party Nintendo controllers while streaming

SteamVR
  • Fixed issue that caused some OpenXR app images to not appear properly in SteamVR

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Attention!

God Gaben has something to say.

https://www.pcgamer.com/gabe-newell...erent-manufacturers-and-thats-why-pc-is-best/

msQUXQH9yDdiSMXEP4J6iS-970-80.png.webp

"On behalf of everyone at Valve, I would like to say thank you for giving Steam Deck the Golden Joystick award for best gaming hardware," said Newell. "So on my PC I have an AMD CPU, a Nvidia GPU, the PC's from Falcon Northwest, I have a Corsair mouse, I have a Logitech keyboard, I have a Samsung monitor…"

Thank you. At ease.

ciox

Liturgist
nah, it's just that youtuber thing of having completely unrelated video running throughout the whole thing

there's basically jackshit information about those titles besides some filenames from datamining

fork

Hahaha, and that is Steam!
Imagine what the average (mobile) gamer thinks innovative gameplay is.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I mean, Hitman 3 won the best VR game award. That should tell you something. Problem is people just go with what they know or have heard about, and Stray already won some awards being an indie darling.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
You sadly have to log in to see the differences, but has anyone been paying attention to new """suggested""" price changes?
https://steamdb.info/pricechanges/

In case you forgot what it's about.
https://steamdb.info/blog/valve-price-matrix-2022-update/

$0.99 USD​

CurrencyOldNewDiff
British Pound£0.79£0.89+13%
Euro0,79€0,99€+25%
Russian Ruble30 ₽42 ₽+40%
Brazilian RealR$ 2,29R$ 3,49+52%
Japanese Yen¥ 100¥ 120+20%
Indonesian RupiahRp 8499Rp 9699+14%
Turkish Lira₺2,10₺11,00+424%
Ukrainian Hryvnia21₴26₴+24%
Canadian DollarCDN$ 1.19CDN$ 1.29+8%
New Zealand DollarNZ$ 1.29NZ$ 1.49+16%
Norwegian Krone7,50 kr11,00 kr+47%
Polish Zloty3,59zł4,49zł+25%
Swiss FrancCHF 1.00CHF 1.09+9%
Indian Rupee₹ 42₹ 52+24%
Chilean PesoCLP$ 500CLP$ 620+24%
Colombian PesoCOL$ 2000COL$ 2800+40%
South African RandR 10.00R 11.00+10%
Hong Kong DollarHK$ 6.00HK$ 7.00+17%
Argentine PesoARS$ 13,99ARS$ 82,00+486%
Kazakhstani Tenge250₸300₸+20%
Uruguayan Peso$U24$U32+33%

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom