Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 1 is out of potato

Shannow

Waster of Time
I never finished TW1 and I decided to give it another try on my new system. But it seems like CDP decided it'd be a good idea to kill the servers so I can't register, so I can't install the EE ... :/
Anybody know what's going on?
Wasting two days to torrent a game that's already installed is kinda meh... :(

Angthoron

Arcane
Shannow said:
I never finished TW1 and I decided to give it another try on my new system. But it seems like CDP decided it'd be a good idea to kill the servers so I can't register, so I can't install the EE ... :/

Is it really dead? TW2 popularity seems to be weighing quite heavily on their servers right now - they've turned off the image display in the auto-patcher and still sometimes it takes as long as 10 minutes to set status to "connected". It may well be due to this.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The 1.5 patch downloaded straight from their website for me and removed all DRM.

1.4 is the EE and 1.5 has some small bug fixes, adds some more adventures and throws out the DRM.

hanssolo

Educated
Trash said:
The 1.5 patch downloaded straight from their website for me and removed all DRM.

1.4 is the EE and 1.5 has some small bug fixes, adds some more adventures and throws out the DRM.

Fan-made adventures. I think I can do without Merry Witchmas and The Wedding

Shannow

Waster of Time
DwarvenFood said:
What's all this ? Can't you just get the 1.5 patch ?(=EE right..)

Also if you have $5 to spend (again) on TW1 then get it from GoG.

1.5 won't install because it doesn't "recognize" the installed version.
Since 1.5 patches 1.4 (EE) I assume I needs 1.4 installed first. 1.4 needs the registration, down servers won't let me register...

Spending additional $5 because the fucking DRM buttfucks me as a legitimate customer? Yeah right, like that's going to happen. It's more like I'll add "games that require registering to patch" (which I considered an acceptable anti-piracy measure) to my "only acquire via torrents and laugh at the legit customers"-list. :x

Torrent's at 23%. Tomorrow by this time I'll be playing, no matter how little CDP want me to.

m_s0

Arcane
if you bought the original release, you're fucked for the time being. 1.4 installs fine without any of that online activation/registration shit. That's what you get for buying games with drm

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm not even sure if it's worth replaying. But hey, you already own the game.
Recently finished it and didn't get the fun.

m_s0

Arcane
from what I understand the game needs to be activated during the installation, which means you need a cracked installer to make the original release install

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Or try registering again. Their servers have been going up and down for the entire week.

But frankly I would just get a torrented EE and apply the 1.5 patch. It's not like you haven't bought the game or anything.

Micmu

Magister
Shannow said:
This is exactly why I'm not touching TW2 and all other DRM-infected garbage.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Black_Willow said:
Gamecopyworld --> no registration patch for EE
Link? Didn't find any "patches" that sounded right there.

EDIT: No need. I found the Fate unlock code myself. Now only to see if it works...

KalosKagathos

Learned
Isn't it funny how a patch that, among other things, removes DRM has DRM on it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom