Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE WITCHER 2 is upon us!

BelisariuS.F

Augur
RK47 said:
1. Respawning monsters in the wilderness/sewers.
WHY? WHY DO I NEED TO FIGHT THESE DROWNERS EVERY FUCKING TIME ?

You don't have to fight them. You can run past them (that's what I was doing in the swamp). In TW2 monsters respawn, but you can get quests to destroy monsters' nests to stop them from respawning (and you have to gain some knowledge how to do it).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
commie said:
I don't know what version of Fallout you were playing but I've stolen a shitload of stuff from shelves in those games and people have said nothing. Maybe there is a distance or visibility cone/trigger thing and I just didn't trigger it. In that case I stand corrected.
Indeed you do.
14sfseb.png

Jim Cojones

Prophet
commie said:
Darth Roxor said:
Cutscenes = C&C. More news at 11.
Yep. That's how The Witcher handled it, and so that's how The Witcher 2 handles it. So it's not 'news at 11' but 'news from 2007'.
You could learn about almost all the consequences of your actions from the dialogues. The cutscenes that illustrated results of your choices weren't there to build C&C. They were added so morons who can't think for themselves would understand that Vincent helps you fight assassins because you haven't killed him earlier. That was their only purpose in the first game; a lame exposition. So far it works similarly in The Witcher 2, except they look much, much worse. Additionally, they added tons and tons of cutscenes made on game engine which has nothing to do with C&C.

Data4

Arcane
root said:
BUT IS ALVIN THE KINGSLAYER MELITELE DAMNIT?!

Yes. When he blinked away in Murky Waters in TW1, you were lead to believe that he ended up becoming Jacques de Aldersburg, Grand Master of the Order of the Flaming Rose. In reality, he blinked to the past, before Geralt was born, and was found wandering a road near Kaer Morhen. A young Vesemir happened to be riding the road on patrol, and he took Alvin in to be trained as a Witcher. On the journey to the Witcher stronghold, Vesimir's horse dropped dead suddenly, and they were stranded. As night fell, Alvin got all spooky, like he did in Abigail's cottage in the outskirts of Vizima and told Vesemir that a mysterious force would get them back to Kaer Morhen. Just then, Vesemir whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said "Fresh" and it had dice in the mirror. If anything he thought this cab was rare, but he just shrugged it off and said "Good sir, to Morhen! Kaer!"

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
Data4 said:
root said:
BUT IS ALVIN THE KINGSLAYER MELITELE DAMNIT?!

Yes. When he blinked away in Murky Waters in TW1, you were lead to believe that he ended up becoming Jacques de Aldersburg, Grand Master of the Order of the Flaming Rose. In reality, he blinked to the past, before Geralt was born, and was found wandering a road near Kaer Morhen. A young Vesemir happened to be riding the road on patrol, and he took Alvin in to be trained as a Witcher. On the journey to the Witcher stronghold, Vesimir's horse dropped dead suddenly, and they were stranded. As night fell, Alvin got all spooky, like he did in Abigail's cottage in the outskirts of Vizima and told Vesemir that a mysterious force would get them back to Kaer Morhen. Just then, Vesemir whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said "Fresh" and it had dice in the mirror. If anything he thought this cab was rare, but he just shrugged it off and said "Good sir, to Morhen! Kaer!"
:lol:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Jim Cojones said:
commie said:
Darth Roxor said:
Cutscenes = C&C. More news at 11.
Yep. That's how The Witcher handled it, and so that's how The Witcher 2 handles it. So it's not 'news at 11' but 'news from 2007'.
You could learn about almost all the consequences of your actions from the dialogues. The cutscenes that illustrated results of your choices weren't there to build C&C. They were added so morons who can't think for themselves would understand that Vincent helps you fight assassins because you haven't killed him earlier. That was their only purpose in the first game; a lame exposition. So far it works similarly in The Witcher 2, except they look much, much worse. Additionally, they added tons and tons of cutscenes made on game engine which has nothing to do with C&C.

Well, if there wasn't any, then you wouldn't actually understand what the hell triggered the death of Conrad in the bar in TW-Chapter 2 etc or why Vivaldi was arrested etc. I think it's actually a nice touch, but like you mentioned, CD Projekt simply had no idea how to relay that information to the player in any other way. Suddenly Geralt, supposedly the guy you're controlling drew his own conclusion and you were meant to accept it as truth.

DreadMessiah

Liturgist
I can't beat that freakin operator guy. I almost killed him on easy though the damn gargoyles got me in a chain death animation right before I could kill him. FU skill respec man!11!!!1 :(

abija

Prophet
Operator:
He's human, fireballs don't go through pillars and it went much easier if I didn't try to hit him when gargoyles were up.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Witchers, I need help to get into the tower in the forest in act 2 in the quest "W pogonii za magia" (idk how it's called in English, perhaps something like "In search of magic" or something, anyway it's the quest where you need to find something with great magical abilities). I stand next to the tower but I have no idea how to climb over the rocks on the hill. Is anyone able to help me?

Konjad said:
Witchers, I need help to get into the tower in the forest in act 2 in the quest "W pogonii za magia" (idk how it's called in English, perhaps something like "In search of magic" or something, anyway it's the quest where you need to find something with great magical abilities). I stand next to the tower but I have no idea how to climb over the rocks on the hill. Is anyone able to help me?

use the jump button

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Konjad said:

The thing is in the harpy nest.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Overhyped? NO! This game is much potato! It's because potato potato! Don't your dare potato this potato! Potato!! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

1eyedking

Erudite
If TW1 barely qualified as a RPG, then TW2 doesn't stand a chance.

We've definitely entered action-adventure game with stats territory now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom