Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher: Rise of the Console Profits cancelled?

Silellak

Cipher
A polish site is reporting the rumor that The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf has been canned:

http://www.incgamers.com/News/16127/TheWitcherRiseoftheWhiteWolfCancelled

So far, just a No Comment from CD Projekt.

Please begin the hundredth discussion of the following items:

1. Is the Witcher an RPG?
2. Is the Witcher a good game?
3. Are the Choices and Consequences in the Witcher real or fake?
4. How much does CD Projekt suck for hyping up their patches?
5. PCs are so much better than consoles, and only fucking retards play console games, amirite?!!

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Durwyn said:
In before DU Witcher bitching
Look at the post above you. This news carries such empty weight that you can neither bitch or praise about it.

Nobody cares. Alpha Protocol is the real bitching item. White Wolf is neither interesting nor disgusting enough.

Durwyn

Prophet
The rumors are that CDProjekt are in some serious shit right now. They fired most of the Witchers CDPRed devs and people working in CDP publishing department. One milion sold copies isn't enough these days.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Durwyn said:
The rumors are that CDProjekt are in some serious shit right now. They fired most of the Witchers CDPRed devs and people working in CDP publishing department. One milion sold copies isn't enough these days.

Shit.
That would suck immensely. Witcher was a good game and the company certainly has the heart at the right spot. Is this the proof that in today's capitalism you can only survive if you're making overhyped simple games with utter fucktards as the target audience.

Durwyn

Prophet
Shit knows, another site claims that CDPRed haven't suffered much. According to it, most men were fired from publishing and translation department, so it might be somewhat good as english translation of The witcher sucked donkey balls.

Castanova

Prophet
JarlFrank said:
Is this the proof that in today's capitalism you can only survive if you're making overhyped simple games with utter fucktards as the target audience.

More like if you're going to make a niche game, don't put a AAA budget behind it in order to have kewl backflip animations.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Durwyn said:
IIRC, the Witcher was never intended to make money by itself. It was more CDP trying to get a foothold in the market, build a solid fanbase and make money from those foundations. Guess they "invested" their surplus money in the end of the pyramid scheme called financial market.
A shame if they get go down, since they, at least vocally, had their hearts in the right place. Couldn't care less about any cancelled console game, though.

BearBomber

Scholar
racofer said:
Nope, they suck. The Witcher is just a diablo clone. And a poor one at that.

>>>CD Projekt is also on of the two main game publishers in Poland. The game making department is only small part of their activity.

Darth Roxor said:
racofer said:
I hope CD Projekt goes down.

Fuck you, they are the only good publisher around here.

>>>Whats wrong with Cenega?

made

Arcane
Just frustrated. I bought an Xbawks solely in anticipation of this. Think I can get a refund?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Castanova said:
JarlFrank said:
Is this the proof that in today's capitalism you can only survive if you're making overhyped simple games with utter fucktards as the target audience.

More like if you're going to make a niche game, don't put a AAA budget behind it in order to have kewl backflip animations.
8 milions $ - AAA budget right there.

vrok

Liturgist
Silellak said:
1. Is the Witcher an RPG?
2. Is the Witcher a good game?
3. Are the Choices and Consequences in the Witcher real or fake?
4. How much does CD Projekt suck for hyping up their patches?
5. PCs are so much better than consoles, and only fucking retards play console games, amirite?!!
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Real.
4. Barely.
5. Indeed.

Deleted member 7219

racofer said:
I hope CD Projekt goes down.

I hope YOU go down.

Nope, they suck. The Witcher is just a diablo clone. And a poor one at that.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever read on the Codex. Congratulations, bitch.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
BearBomber said:

I remember buying a few games from Cenega, and only one of them arrived on time and without problems.

Also, nearly all of them have more or less awful translations or at least used to.

BearBomber

Scholar
Darth Roxor said:
BearBomber said:

I remember buying a few games from Cenega, and only one of them arrived on time and without problems.

Also, nearly all of them have more or less awful translations or at least used to.

>>>Hey. At least their classic series had some classical titles beside usual 3 years old games that got a price-cut. The translations weren't so bad IMO, but I remember that they got bashed pretty often when Cenega was starting. Hoewer I don't think that they were as bad as legendary-bad first HoMM III translation (pre CD-Projekt one).

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Witcher is a niche game? I have woken up in the Twilight Zone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom