Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myst The Witness - first-person puzzler in the vein of Myst

Hobknobling

Learned
Fun parody.

Damn I thought this was just a throwoff shitpost of a game but it's a wonderfully cheeky and clever homage, crafted with care and obvious affection for the original. Well worth anyone's time.

Even funnier that Jonathan Blow is apparently absolutely FUMING about this being made and how it DEMEANS his pristine vision.

Jonathan is a special kind of a perfectionist autist. He can't stand any sort of feedback because nobody else has been staring the same codebase for +10 000 hours and therefore can't have a valid opinion on his work. He is unbelievable emotionally attached and obsessive with his work which is his strength and weakness at the same time.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fun parody.

Damn I thought this was just a throwoff shitpost of a game but it's a wonderfully cheeky and clever homage, crafted with care and obvious affection for the original. Well worth anyone's time.

Even funnier that Jonathan Blow is apparently absolutely FUMING about this being made and how it DEMEANS his pristine vision.

Jonathan is a special kind of a perfectionist autist. He can't stand any sort of feedback because nobody else has been staring the same codebase for +10 000 hours and therefore can't have a valid opinion on his work. He is unbelievable emotionally attached and obsessive with his work which is his strength and weakness at the same time.

That . . . Actually makes sense just from how his games are.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Putting Myst in the same sentence with this shit is a disgrace. This is the definition of anti-adventure.

Insulting puzzle philosophy, artless visuals, "perfectionist" butthurt developer, yep into the trash bin it goes.

Last edited:

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy

No wonder this guy gets never anything done with such incoherent thoughts...

"How many games make you feel like you're a better person after you played the game than before you played the game?"
This dude is wasted out there, he should've been here to make threads like this one.

You should play the witness bro, it will turn you into a better person, like jonathan blow.

Ok, out of curiosity I've just listened to a few of his random ramblings in x1.7 speed but I couldn't stand him for too long.
I think his head is a good replacement for the "it was aliens" button.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom