Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The writing

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Vault Dweller said:
Disagree. Plot falls under the domain of imagination. Writing is what brings it to life. I doubt I would be able to write a good book, but if you are ok with my dialogues, you'd be ok with the plot. Anyway, the plot is bitching, even if I do say so myself.

Fair enough. I pretty much debunked my own theory by ragging Vogel's writing ability and putting over his plot and interesting world. At the very worst, you can say your dialogue surpasses Oblivion.

How'd you play so many RPGs when you were off gallavanting on a boat? ;)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
What else is there to do? Some voyages take days, some voyages take many weeks (from Europe to Japan, for example). So, you finish your watch, then what? You don't need to drive home, buy food & things, cook, clean, go out (unless in ports), etc, which takes a lot of time.

So, I've been playing computer games and running PnP campaigns to kill time.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
black francis said:
How about the AI? Is it challenging?
Hard to say, as those things are subjective. What's easy for one player is hard for another. We designed it to be challenging, but not impossible.

Do we get a difficulty-slider?
No, no such thing. Your opponents use the same skills and equipment that you do, same formulas calculating chance to hit or to dodge, etc. If you can't defeat someone, he is better then you, and there is nothing you can do about it but try to improve your skills if defeating that NPC is very important to you.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Are there 108 stars of destiny?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom