Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

There is another world. There is a better world... Well... there must be (Doom Patrol)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I've still got Flex Mentallo before that, but yes I was actually considering Red Son afterwards.

Vaarna_Aarne

Also, the song on the first page? Now is the time you can listen to it. Komm Susser Tod also works.

Vaarna_Aarne

6og3i.jpg

Yjv3Y.jpg

n9HVb.jpg

KIbz9.jpg

ygjga.jpg

KRd9M.jpg

ZUgEz.jpg

q6jgO.jpg

1rgSU.jpg

Tw2tN.jpg

Pvt3l.jpg

807WA.jpg

XvXMD.jpg

jW7AC.jpg

kxIYp.jpg

PiF5Z.jpg

mQ3rZ.jpg

CdU8w.jpg

Qt2I7.jpg

2sZGM.jpg

1Q6sB.jpg

DBJkp.jpg

G5SMS.jpg

kqHeI.jpg

QshHr.jpg

Not a whole lot to say. That was satisfying enough a conclusion. And the Candlemaker was threatening enough an enemy.

...Could have used more mass character death, though.

And more competent writers in the future.

Vaarna_Aarne

Btw, the reason why I talked about Grant's childhood phobia about The Bomb was because that's what the Candlemanker was. He was the idea of The Bomb and nuclear war.

EDIT: Btw, you did notice the recurring line in the first and last issue?

Vaarna_Aarne

So were people feeling joy with how it all turned out?

And more competent writers in the future.
Btw, this worries me big time. Are you forgetting that this is Grant Morrison we're speaking about? Also, they indeed did continue the series, but nowadays everyone just ignores it because you simply cannot continue the story beyond that rainy bridge where Cliff comes to save Jane for one last time. Besides, all continuation with these characters has been kinda poopy as far as I know, they brought back Mister Nobody as a more usual supervillain who tried to destroy Danny for example.

Btw, this worries me big time. [...]
No, that's what I meant. As in, it would be better if the writers who followed Morrison were a bit better. After finishing this, I read a bit of a synopsis of later chapters and it mostly sounded kinda crap (and, judging from your comment, was). Didn't mean to imply that I thought that the writer for these stories was bad.

Unless you meant that it's silly to expect that other writers could match Morrison, but I don't think that's true. There are plenty of good 'normal' writers.

So were people feeling joy with how it all turned out?
I was listening to that song when I was reading the last update - good stuff, good stuff. The ending was quite satisfying and very final looking.

Besides, all continuation with these characters has been kinda poopy as far as I know, they brought back Mister Nobody as a more usual supervillain who tried to destroy Danny for example.
Ugh.

Vaarna_Aarne

Btw, this worries me big time. [...]
No, that's what I meant. As in, it would be better if the writers who followed Morrison were a bit better. After finishing this, I read a bit of a synopsis of later chapters and it mostly sounded kinda crap (and, judging from your comment, was). Didn't mean to imply that I thought that the writer for these stories was bad.

Unless you meant that it's silly to expect that other writers could match Morrison, but I don't think that's true. There are plenty of good 'normal' writers.
Nah, I thought you were talking about these chapters. Thanks for correction bro.

And yea, generally people ignore what came after. Grant Morrison's run is simply so definitive and final for the characters. You can't really add anything to that ending (except maybe a "and Cliff and Jane lived happily ever after" if you want to be banal). I don't think they ever reprinted the following issues.

But actually bros, I've been lying to you through my teeth... Grant Morrison DID write one more issue!

Vaarna_Aarne

That's right, Grant Morrison already made fun of the 90's and endless #1 issues back in '92.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom