Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is a THREAT

Citizen

No leak for another 24 hours? *yawns*

Citizen

It's fake news, there's no "maxie's discord" and the screenshot is probably made up by the guy. We have no proof that this is the contents of admin forum and not random thread titles he just typed in browser's inspect mode

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is why there needs be to an auto-delete of inactive accounts. After, say, 6 months of inactivity.
To expand on this idea: any poster who makes less than a hundred posts per six months should be automatically permabanned for being a sleeper alt or abandoned account.

Anyone getting butthurt over this idea is tacitly admitting to being a sleeper alt owner. :smug:

I mean, let's be completely honest here. Things like this:

Should not be allowed.

lol you're on the wrong site if you wanna suggest dumb impositions like this. this is something that would make more sense on authoritarian hellhole that is resetera, not codex

who cares if you make a grand total of 2 posts per year, honestly

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Codex Year of the Donut
The Comprehensive Guide to Avoiding Getting Your Codex Account Hacked:

1) Enable 2FA: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/account/two-step
2) Install Authy on your smartphone and add the Codex.
3) ????
4) PROFIT!!!!
fucking hate having to search for my phone just to login to shit, I ALREADY HAVE A PASSWORD I DON'T NEED ANOTHER ONE

Authy has a browser plugin that allows you to do it from your desktop.
"just use this closed source proprietary browser plugin to help you not get hacked bro"

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

3) ????
4) PROFIT!!!!
fucking hate having to search for my phone just to login to shit, I ALREADY HAVE A PASSWORD I DON'T NEED ANOTHER ONE

"just use this cloud source proprietary browser plugin to help you not get hacked bro"

At the end of the day no 2fa solution is perfect. It's just an extra layer of security.

If you use authy or google auth on phone or in browser, people would have to know your password, have access to your machine and phone or compromise the provider.

Either way they'd still need to accomplish both of those steps.

Codex Year of the Donut

3) ????
4) PROFIT!!!!

"just use this cloud source proprietary browser plugin to help you not get hacked bro"

At the end of the day no 2fa solution is perfect. It's just an extra layer of security.

If you use authy or google auth on phone or in browser, people would have to know your password, have access to your machine and phone or compromise the provider.

Either way they'd still need to accomplish both of those steps.
there's no reason to use it over keepassxc, which also has OTP support

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
This is why there needs be to an auto-delete of inactive accounts. After, say, 6 months of inactivity.
How about an auto-delete of new accounts that post more than twice a day in the first 6 weeks?
New accounts are not a security threat. Old inactive accounts with full access to everything are obviously there just to circumvent a ban or something of that sort.
But new accounts that post too often are a shitposter threat, while old accounts that don't post are usually just boring lurkers. 90% of forum members only read without posting.
You did not say anything that contradicts my point. Also, lurkers are creepy and should be banned anyway. They contribute nothing to the forum, not even shitposting, which is often amusing and oddly-stimulating.

But as I said, any old account with barely any posts is potentially there to circumvent a ban. And all the people who got horribly butthurt over my innocuous suggestion just outed themselves. :lol:
I wasn't trying to contradict your point, I was trying to imply that you are a shitposter.
I know what you're trying to imply, you're just not witty enough to deliver a proper zinger.

I'll meet you half-way on the lurkers: any account that hasn't posted in years should have its posting privileges permanently removed, but still able to log in and read stuff. There, your precious lurkers are now protected. Happy? Oh right, you're just doing a painfully-unfunny NO U routine.

DarkUnderlord can this guy get a poop poster tag?

Semiurge

Cipher
I have a complete archive of your hidden admin forum and the whole rubbish thing will end up in Maxies discord unless you remove the restrictions for Maxie to post in the shoutbox.

You have 48 hours and dont get smarmy with me.
Does the smarmy thing apply to staff only?

Also could you do a search for puur prutswerk and send me any matches you find? I would like to know how my threat level on this site is assessed.

You are by far the most mellow member here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom