Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News This Spring, it's time for Fall

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fall: Last Days of Gaia; Silver Style

<blockquote><b>The Endtime has begun: THE FALL - LAST DAYS OF GAIA
<br>

<br>
The Berlin/Germany based studio Silver Style Entertainment develops THE FALL - LAST DAYS OF GAIA for PC, an innovative Post-Apocalyptic Role Playing Game with tactical combat and a highly original, disturbing storyline. The game is scheduled for Q1, 2004.</b>
<br>

<br>
THE FALL will be the first 3D-RPG set in an endtime scenario on the market. Current Project Status is about 70% completion.
<br>

<br>
THE FALL guides the player into the post-apocalyptic world of 2083 where mankind has fallen back into a primitive anarchic state. The player will explore a huge territory which was formerly part of the south of the US and is now a fascinating place full of danger. A dramatic, novel-like plot unfolds in twists and turns and captivates the gamer from the first minute of playing.
<br>

<br>
THE FALL is easily accessible for the novice and literally draws the unexperienced gamer into the plot while at the same time the game offers a level of deepness and detail which excels existing Core-RPG standards. The top notch in-house developed engine of THE FALL displays an unbelievable realistic 3D world as well as highly detailed characters. Each and every of the more than 1000 NPC in the game has its own look and its own social life and daily schedule.
<br>

<br>
THE FALL gives the player a high degree of freedom. Besides the main plot there are more than 150 sub-quests. However, the player never gets lost in the game world; he is very well guided through the story.
<br>

<br>
THE FALL comes up with an unique combat system. The traditional difficult spot of 3D-Role Playing Games, the often dull or repetitive combat is actually one of the main strengths of THE FALL. Battles are scalable so that the player can choose any level of involvement: Combat can be accelerated and automated by the players who are mainly interested in the story and the character development. Vice versa, the tactical player may make each and every combat decision himself. He can fight every battle as a challenging tactical game in itself which may be several hours long.
<br>

<br>
Carsten Strehse CEO of Silver Style comments: ?THE FALL will inspire every RPG fan. The unique features, the very deep story and our very strong in-house engine are perfect qualifications for a stunning gameplay experience. Because of the quality of the game and the fact that THE FALL will be the first endtime 3D-RPG on the market we feel absolute confident about its success.?
<br>

<br>
<b>About Silver Style Entertainment</b>
<br>

<br>
Silver Style Entertainment (<a href="http://www.silver-style.com">www.silver-style.com</a>) was founded 1993 and is based in Berlin/Germany. CEO and Lead Designer Carsten Strehse has more than 15 years experience in game development. The company worked together with mayor publishers like Activison/NBG, THQ, JoWooD or Atari in the past. Silver Style?s latest game Soldiers of Anarchy (<A href="www.soldiers-of-anarchy.com">www.soldiers-of-anarchy.com</a>) was highly acclaimed by the worldwide press and got many awards.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Wow, there's post apocalyptic CRPGs coming out of the woodwork now!
<br>

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Sounds good, but the only rpg they've done is Gorasul. Did anybody play it?

EEVIAC

Erudite
I'm not sure what to make of this. Their resume is interesting, to say the least. There are a lot of simulations, of which the only ones that I'm aware of are TV Sports Boxing and Mad TV, which is rated highly by The Home Of The Underdogs. Anyone played SOA or Gorasul?

Extra kudos go to Silver Style for having a website in either text, HTML, and Flash, which includes a game of Pong that cheats. (Play it here if you don't believe me.) Bloat is ok, so long as I'm provided with a choice.

Saint_Proverbius said:
Wow, there's post apocalyptic CRPGs coming out of the woodwork now!

And about fucking time.

Voss

Erudite
Hmmm.

the player never gets lost in the game world; he is very well guided through the story.

Linear (or worse)? Or am I reading to much in?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Gorasul was a potentially good game marred by incompletion, a series of bugs, translation difficulties and the fact it played so similarly to Baldur's Gate (which may be a plus for some).

The fact that it was released in an incomplete state (in a much worse state than ToEE, Morrowind or any other game you might be able to come up with) didn't do it much good. The worst part, however, were the translations - both vocal and written. Read some of the reviews for Gorasul to find some sentences you can probably quote. It was as bad, if not worse than Zero Wing's "All your base are belong to us". A pity - as the game had a very good storyline (in German, from what I hear from German gamers) with a good setting and quite possibly the most unique form of character development that has ever been done - your weapons were intelligent, spoke to you and levelled up along with you!

In fact, a large focus of the game was about those very weapons. A pity it didn't turn out as it should have. What remains to be said is that these guys really know what they're doing and their experience proves it. I truly hope that THE FALL turns out to be good, especially in a market so bereft of RPGs these days.

Odin

Novice
Actually when we talk about the games that Silver-Style has done, the path-finder in SOA was terrible. One of the worst I've seen in years, so I hope they've managed to fix that little bug, because that made me drop playing SOA.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I found Gorasul boring (I played BG then, and I liked BG more); and worse - the dialogues made me feel I was 13 years old again. But the game had some good ideas, so maybe Fall will be better as a whole.

Spazmo

Erudite
I found Soldiers of Anarchy to be pretty terrible. Just a fairly bland RT tactical game loaded with bugs and shit pathfinding. As for The Fall, well, I'm glad someone is making a non-fantasy RPG, but post-apoc doesn't necessarily pique my interest. Besides that, Silver Style has got nothing on their track record to make me interested. I'm going to have to wait and see on this one.

I thought SOA was fun, but I never finished it. When it started to be all about your vehicles, I got bored. I loved being in scavenger mode for the first few missions the most. I didn't think the pathfinding was really that bad, but honestly my pathfinding standards aren't too high. Bad pathfinding is just so common I quit worrying about it a long time ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom