Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Tim Cain launches a YouTube channel, confirms he's been semi-retired since June 2020

Risewild

Arbiter
They are interesting videos. Good bit of story. But his delivery. Holy cringe.

Pretty standard for someone who (I assume) has no experience producing these kinds of videos.

I would much, much rather the videos be in text form instead.
There's always subtitles and/or the video transcripts option.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Thank you for telling us your life story. I'm sure everyone on this forum was eager to know.

Can you tell us now what's your favorite food? What are your hobbies besides gaming? What's your gym workout routine?
Says the guy who literally put "oh hai guyz i love jrpgs and i suck penis duuuuurrrrr" in his NAME. Queer.

You're in no position to judge other people's tastes when you wear that thing.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Thank you for telling us your life story. I'm sure everyone on this forum was eager to know.

Can you tell us now what's your favorite food? What are your hobbies besides gaming? What's your gym workout routine?
Says the guy who literally put "oh hai guyz i love jrpgs and i suck penis duuuuurrrrr" in his NAME. Queer.

You're in no position to judge other people's tastes when you wear that thing.
Who let you out of the rehab center?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Is anyone else REALLY enjoying these daily Tim Cain videos? It's the first thing I check in the morning and he never lets me down.

Ehhh...

I want to enjoy these. But Tim is so safe and milktoast (milquetoast?) on every opinion.

I don't think I've learned a single new thing from any of these videos..
At the end of the day, Cain is a big gay jolly game dev who like's to fart around with new tech and made some neat games once upon a time.

I'm not finding anything here insightful or even all that interesting.
It sort of reminds me of that Game design presentation he did.. and it was the most derivative and meh thing I ever listened to.

Potato Canon

Novice
The videos are great but he has a pacing issue. He put out like a year or more's worth of content in a couple weeks. He's going to run out of material to make videos on.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The videos are great but he has a pacing issue. He put out like a year or more's worth of content in a couple weeks. He's going to run out of material to make videos on.
I don't see the problem. Being done means he can move on to other things.

Sobchak

Scholar
Patron
Tim Cain is for gaming what Al Pacino and DeNiro are for movies. They earned the right to do whatever the fuck they want at their age.
The man gave us Fallout1,Arcanum and Vampire. That's enough for me to call him a legend in the gaming industry.I don't give a fuck that he's a gay either. Some clowns here seem to be bothered by this and i don't get why. He always acted decently and never tried to push any agenda like some degenerates in the gaming industry.
It's ok you can relax now.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I only know Tim because I thought I had contracted a virus last year when all my Fallout icons changed after I downloaded one of those big russian mods. Otherwise I probably wouldn't know him from a man-hole in the wall. But I was, like, "who... what is that?!"

UYabc5H.jpg

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
I only know Tim because I thought I had contracted a virus last year when all my Fallout icons changed after I downloaded one of those big russian mods. Otherwise I probably wouldn't know him from a man-hole in the wall. But I was, like, "who... what is that?!"

UYabc5H.jpg
What's up with those mods? I thought I had a virus when my keyboard started typing in Russian after I downloaded one.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
He spends 5 minutes a day on a topic and you think he's about to run out of things to say on being a dev on some of the most interesting and celebrated CRPGS of all time?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
He spends 5 minutes a day on a topic and you think he's about to run out of things to say on being a dev on some of the most interesting and celebrated CRPGS of all time?

Yea I kinda hate that format too - especially because half the video is eaten up by him thanking his fans repeatedly.. and praising the heckin game devs he worked with.
We get it.. Tim cain is mr.nice guy who loves everyone - except when working at carbine. lel

You are only getting like a solid 2 or 3 minutes of meaningful content.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Interesting videos. Big LOL at the marketing woman (of course) who went "we've already decided it" on FO2's boxart.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom