Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Time to Conquer the Cold: Wasteland 3 Fig Campaign is Live

Fry

Arcane
The entire industry of games journalism is based on gaining access to (temporarily) confidential information in exchange for delaying release of that information.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Maybe Infinitron can give us an update on restoring communications?

I can "restore communications" when I feel we have something to communicate. Right now we don't.

I meant that the Codex will probably be a bit reluctant to shower inXile in gold coins after the blacklist stuff.

That's why we don't have anything to communicate.

Huh? I've been away. inXile blacklisted the Codex? That seems… counterproductive. I'm guessing it has something to do with the Codex's lack of censorship being equated to tacit approval of whatever anyone says on the Codex.

Brother None alleges that Infinitron leaked confidential information and then edited it out of his post afterwards. DU didn't find any evidence of that, but maybe he's part of the conspiracy.

…Why would you give Infinitron confidential information? I would expect a game developer to treat him as a journalist, whose job it is to spill the beans.

Techland sent around a Gamescom invitation that mentioned Torment's upcoming console release; however, they had already given the exclusive reveal to Eurogamer Poland, so they asked recipients to keep it confidential. Brother None alleges that Infinitron leaked that information in a post and edited it out before anybody else on the forums commented on it.

Was thinking quite hard if it is worth backing. Multiplayer, voice acting, and those camera closeup tricks are things I consider a tremendous lose of funds and as design decisions those choices are certainly suspicious.
But there is Ziets involved. There is Colin involved. I trust them. Backing the game just for them seems like a right decision. I also liked W2 and I think that with every new area they designed, the team skills went up. Last locations were pretty good. If they started at least with the same level of abilities as those they had when they finished making W2, then W3 may be pretty great.
Yeah. Decided to back it.

Your card does not support this type of purchase

Strip support says :

Some debit cards require a PIN to be entered. If your customer is trying to use one of these cards, they'll need to use another card to make the purchase.

:)

Yeah, using Fig was a brilliant idea:)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Was thinking quite hard if it is worth backing. Multiplayer, voice acting, and those camera closeup tricks are things I consider a tremendous lose of funds and as design decisions those choices are certainly suspicious.
But there is Ziets involved. There is Colin involved. I trust them. Backing the game just for them seems like a right decision. I also liked W2 and I think that with every new area they designed, the team skills went up. Last locations were pretty good. If they started at least with the same level of abilities as those they had when they finished making W2, then W3 may be pretty great.
Yeah. Decided to back it.

Your card does not support this type of purchase
Strip support says :
Some debit cards require a PIN to be entered. If your customer is trying to use one of these cards, they'll need to use another card to make the purchase.
:)
Yeah, using Fig was a brilliant idea:)
Use a real creditcard, not some casual shit.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
They really couldn't wait out until the release of TToN? You'd think the release would give them free marketing if they have any trust in the game.
Not that it would've mattered for me, I only back quality titles like that North Korean visual novel.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lmao @ 2019 release. I bet they'll have done like 5 more crowdfunding campaigns by then.

They might do two more. One around the date of Bard's Tale IV's release, and another one around the release of Wasteland 3 itself.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
inXile have embedded The Story of Fig on the main page now, so they must really want us to watch it:

aratuk

Cipher
They really couldn't wait out until the release of TToN? You'd think the release would give them free marketing if they have any trust in the game.
Not that it would've mattered for me, I only back quality titles like that North Korean visual novel.

You'd also think that Fig would wait and not run three crowdfunding campaigns simultaneously, assuming there might be some crossover appeal between the three games. I think their original strategy of one campaign at a time was a good one, since they only do one category, video games, and they are also trying to curry investment, not just fanboy collectors.

DarkArcher

Educated
Fig definitely had to do smaller campaigns while the big campaign is happening. They don't generate enough daily traffic otherwise. I did like that InXile gave a reason for Backers to migrate from KS to Fig with the $5 coupon.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
I really don't understand why all the complains...

I think Wasteland 2 was a good game!

Far from perfect, but at least I finished it and enjoyed every second of it.

The UI was shit, and also the graphics - but lots of the best old school games suffered from UI problems and shitty graphic.

On the other hand, the atmosphere was great, and the writing was good!

I backed Wasteland 3.
Actually, I backed all InXile games.
20$ for a game (and free Stasis/Underrail copy) it's a great deal.

And I truly believe that InXile improve their games over the years...

So how many of the 4 games you've backed have you received?

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Bets on whether Q4 2019 really means 2020, 2021, or 2022?

Anyone who gives Fargo more money while two kickstarter projects remain in development is a cuck of the highest order.

retamar

Educated
How come that they are giving away Underrail?
Is Styg collaborating with InXile as the Stasis guys?
Also, game backgrounds look like 100 times worst than the promo images, but at least is 100 times better than W2
Not going to put any money on the Fig campaign but I'll sure follow the development and buy the director's edition like in,,,,4 years?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
They're giving away copies of Underrail to early backers, so it would be totally accurate to say that Styg currently has a contract with inXile.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
They're giving away copies of Underrail to early backers, so it would be totally accurate to say that Styg currently has a contract with inXile.

Holy shit Fargo is an excellent merchant, backed. Styg is my fucking hero.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I'd really like to play wasteland 3 but damn... this is essentially a 2 year pre-order and you know (or you should by now) there is going to be delays added to that.
Can't do it.
If it looks like it's going to fail I might give them 30bucks but staying out of this for now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom