Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ToEE doesn't place in Top Ten

Seven

Erudite
chrisbeddoes said:
Suppose I hire mr Tim Cain to make a pr0n rpg game based on my sex life.

Thank you and have a nice day.

My 2 eurocents.

That'd be one short game. :lol:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Re: hey

POOPERSCOOPER said:
The game was release on 9/15 don't expect it to reach top ten within 5 days, compared to the other games which have had all month. Also all the bad support for the game prolly turned some players away.

WRONG. Homeworld 2 was released on the same day as ToEE and Jedi Academy was released a day after! The poor sales of ToEE can only be attributed to the KazAa release and its subsequent warezing.

I'd also say that it was Atari's combined efforts of stupidity which caused this game to fail. The poor QA (and subsequent bug complaints), the zero-PR (where was it, guys?), the censorship (don't argue with me about this word or I'll fucking burn your hut down) and the legal warez (er, I mean Kazaa) release.

Oh yeah, where is that fucking demo?

Most people these days don't buy games which do not have demos.

Eldar

Novice
I have to say that I installed the fan-made patch because I'd heard that it solved some of the minor glitches in the game. I was quite surprised when I discovered that it actually included flavor/functional text. That's sweet! Dude! Awesome. I was putting it off because I didn't know how it would work but I just tried it right now. For those of you who have put off using the fan-made patch, get on it! It's good stuff.

Deathy

Liturgist
So am I.

The theory is that if you have both the demo and the KaZaa release, you pretty much can mix and match files and end up with the full game.

So apparently it isn't coming.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Whipporowill said:
Azael, Tradition used to be a real pnp geek-store, now it´s more of a "light version", damn EB are streamlining it. Bleh.

Really? Hmm, since my PnP geek days are behind me, I haven't really noticed. Any way, I'm ordering the game from Amazon and will cross my fingers hoping that I will be lucky enough to not suffer some of the bugs other people are experiencing.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Having been hit with more ToEE ads then I care to shake a stick at lately, could the premature elaunchulation have lowered the first weeks numbers?

The Marketing blitz planned for the titles release seems to have been left for the original release date.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
bump bump bump
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/news/news_6076523.html

Best-selling PC games for the week of September 21-27, 2003:

Rank / Title / Publisher / Average Price
1 / MoH: Allied Assault Breakthrough / EA / $22
2 / C&C: Generals Zero Hour / EA / $26
3 / Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy / LucasArts / $42
4 / Homeworld 2 / VU Games / $41
5 / Temple of Elemental Evil / Atari / $50
6 / Flight Sim 2004: Century of Flight / Microsoft / $53
7 / SimCity 4: Rush Hour / EA / $20
8 / The Sims: Superstar / EA / $30
9 / The Sims Deluxe / EA / $42
10 / Command & Conquer: Generals / EA / $40

Go girl.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Well the list can be about best-selling games of that time, not necessarily the best-selling of the year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom