Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Tons of KOTOR 2 reviews & opinions

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
What the fuck are you talking about idiot?

Hory

Erudite
Fez said:
I'm sorry you'll have to shout louder, your penis is too small.

It's funny that you are crying about people wanting reviews. If you don't want them you don't have to read them. Moron. :roll:
Again you display how illogical you can get. Disliking that there are (too) many reviews is a different thing from disliking the fact that people want more reviews. So your two sentences above make no sence since they're not related to eachother. And even so, do you realize that by the same principles - to ignore what I don't agree with - you should have have not commented on my replies if you didn't like them?

And BTW, you're the one worrying about small penises.

Fez

Erudite
No Hory, you are full of shit.

Kamaz asks when the Codex review is coming, then VD says it is coming soon, then you whine "How many reviews do you people need? Can't yousee everyone says it's a lot like the first one?". You are complaining, like a little bitch.

"And even so, do you realize that by the same principles - toignore what I don't agree with - you should have have not commented onmy replies if you didn't like them? "

Nope, I didn't say you couldn't reply to a post, idiot. I am not the one complaining about someone else's review or writing. You are. There is a difference between someone writing a review which you will have to go out of your way in some future time to access, which is what I was talking about, and addressing someone personally, which is what you did, but you don't know the difference because you are clearly a moron. You bitch about Kamaz wanting a review or VD writing one as if you are being painfully force fed every word.

You really are clueless.

Fez

Erudite
This is the one place I look forward to seeing staff reviews and editorials. I don't see how it could be a bad thing for a site dedicated to RPGs to reivew them. BUT THE HORY HAS SPOKEN. NO MORE REVIEWS BECAUSE WE PEOPLE DON'T NEED THEM.

So stick it up your arse Hory. No one cares about your whining.

Hory

Erudite
I'm not even going to read your huge and useless message as it's a lie from the start since I didn't complain about "someone else's review or writing" and it seems you can't even understand that from the simple statement of "How many reviews do you people need?" which is obviously adressed to the "people", not the reviewers.

EDIT: Clarification for possible retards - this message is not a reply to the message immidiately above.

And because you have an interpretation disfunctionality, here's the conclusion: I never said Codex (or other sites/people) shouldn't write a review, so stop repeating that. I criticised phrases like this:
Fez said:
I'm not touching this until I see a Codex review and the arguments on these forums have gone on for a bit more.
And you're calling me a "little bitch" when you're affraid of getting a game :).

Fez

Erudite
I'll be sure to pass that message on to "the people" when I see them. :roll:

You flip-flop more than the whole election year. Everyone saw you complain.

Perhaps you like to buy bad games and waste your time, but other people don't. Shocking! Fear doesn't come into it and that is just you proving you are a moron.

You really are full of shit Hory.

Hory

Erudite
Fez said:
You flip-flop more than the whole election year. Everyone saw you complain.
Wow, you really are stupid. The point was what I'm complaining about, not that I'm not complaining. I have no problem admitting I complained about something, that doesn't make one a bitch, like you are probably often referred as. So what about have I flip-flopped? Sorry to break it to you, but offending me repeatedly doesn't make your accusations true.

There's like.. a 5% chance the game will suck, and still you act like a yellow-belly jive turkey.

Fez

Erudite
"How many reviews do you people need?" <--moment you complain about codexers

"I didn't complain about "someone else's review or writing"" <--moment you lie/change your mind

Liar or flip-flopper, choose your title. You can't complain about there being more reviews and then say you are not complaining about reviews. You have lost the plot and your arguments are pathetic. If you'd just admit you complained I'd have not pointed out how full of shit you are. Also you assumed I knew nothing about KOTOR 1 or 2. Idiot.

Your posts are becoming more incoherent every time.

Hory

Erudite
You're an irational man incapable of having a logical discussion.

]
"How many reviews do you people need?" <--moment you complain about codexers
"I didn't complain about "someone else's review or writing"" <--moment you lie/change your mind
And where exactly is the change of mind? In the first sentenced I complained about the people wanting more reviews, and in the second one I clarified that I wasn't complaining about the people making the reviews, but about the people's need of them.

"How many reviews do you people need?" != "With how many reviews do you reviewers plan to keep flooding us?".

And damn right I assumed you didn't know about KotOR 2 since you were acting like Captain Clueless.

Fez

Erudite
Let's have a look at your points so far then:

People are not to want OR need any of the reviews that the Codex makes, but it is OK to make them. :roll:

I know nothing about both KOTOR 1 and 2, because you say so.

People who don't buy PC games are cowards. "yellow-belly jive turkey"

I'm sure that you will get your purple heart while the rest of the world cries because Hory thinks they are cowards for not buying FOBOS because they wanted a review first.

Hory

Erudite
People are not to want OR need any of the reviews that the Codex makes, but it is OK to make them.
There is a multitude of reasons which make the Codex review useful, as there is a multitude of categories of people to which it would be useless. So yes, it's OK for the Codex to make it, even if it would be useless for a percent of the people.
I know nothing about both KOTOR 1 and 2, because you say so.
No, it's you that acted from the first post on this thread like you don't know anything about it and need another review to the existing thousand and even more opinions on the forums, etc.
People who don't buy PC games are cowards. "yellow-belly jive turkey"
Again you are without honour twisting my words since I didn't say you're a yellow-belly for not buying "a PC game" but because you don't buy one when it's very unlikely that it will suck.

It's pretty sad if after all the discussion your conclusion is: (which has nothing to do with what I feel or have expressed that I feel)
I'm sure that you will get your purple heart while the rest of the world cries because Hory thinks they are cowards for not buying FOBOS because they wanted a review first.

Fez

Erudite
You are dancing around the points like a bad politician.

Fez

Erudite
Hory said:
I will pray for you.

cthulhu.jpg

As long as you pray to Cthulhu. I want to be eaten first!

errorcode

Liturgist
um. ok.

Volourn, Wait till you get a micro-pulse blaster and trick it out to damage levels in the 50-60 range (then dual wield them :)). Or a heavy repeating blaster fully tricked out doing something up towards the 90's damage range. My lightsaber was killer in the earlier levels, but at the end my ranged guys were tearing enemies apart.

Also, KOTOR 2 did seem to have more cross-level references. There simply was more dialog mentioning events in other areas, making the world areas feel more connected to each other. I mean, the quests in KOTOR1 did a good job of moving you across the galaxy, but the areas never really felt like they were connected. Maybe it's just my impression on it though.

Fez

Erudite
Cthulhu is one sexy beast. When Cthulhu rises I am sure you'll see the evil one on the cover of Vogue.

"Oooh give me sass Cthulhu baby! Now pose! More pout more pout! Flare those tentacles!"

I want to see a shot of Cthulhu naked on a bear skin rug in front of a fire. Mmmmm...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Volourn, Wait till you get a micro-pulse blaster and trick it out to damage levels in the 50-60 range (then dual wield them ). Or a heavy repeating blaster fully tricked out doing something up towards the 90's damage range. My lightsaber was killer in the earlier levels, but at the end my ranged guys were tearing enemies apart."

Meh. It's too late for missle wepaons. They blew their chance. There's me and my mega sabre, Handmaiden and her nude body, and I'll probably stick with Kreia 'cause if you can't kill 'em; you might as well let 'em join ya for some lightning throwing!

"Also, KOTOR 2 did seem to have more cross-level references. There simply was more dialog mentioning events in other areas, making the world areas feel more connected to each other. I mean, the quests in KOTOR1 did a good job of moving you across the galaxy, but the areas never really felt like they were connected. Maybe it's just my impression on it though."

The only thing connecting the planets really in KOTOR is that an "evil" Jedi is being hunted on all of them. Other than that, the only thing that matters across the universe is Peragus being blown up and one side quest from what i've seen..

bryce777

Erudite
Re: Tons of KOTOR 2 reviews & opinions

Vault Dweller said:
We have a truckload of <a href=http://www.kotor2.com/>KOTOR 2</a> reviews today. We'll start with <a href=http://www.gamepro.com/computer/pc/19034/info.shtml>GamePro review: 4.5/5</a>. It's a 300-word review, so it must have been aimed at people with reading comprehension disabilities:
<blockquote>Aside from some new combat feats, the fighting in KOTOR II is the same blend of real-time maneuvering and turn-based strategy you remember from the first game.</blockquote>If only it was possible to maneuver in TB, than the system would have been perfect.

<a href=http://www.mygamer.com/index.php?id=78&page=gameportal&mode=reviews>MyGamer review: 8.2</a>:
<blockquote>It’s an effective sequel that makes the statement “If it isn’t broken, don’t fix it” ring true. Some sequels try to do too much and end up doing nothing for the improvement over the original. ... That’s the merit of the people down at Obsidian: make a sequel without changing the core elements, and just add to an already great game. </blockquote>He should have stopped after "make a sequel".

Another 300-word 8.2 review, courtesy of <a href=http://www.gmr-source.com>GMR Source</a>
<blockquote>The turn based RPG style fighting is still great as ever. ... Obsidion & Bioware did a great job.</blockquote>'nuff said

<a href=http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages/articles/index.php?game_id=3355&article_id=7197>Total Video Games review: 9/10</a>:
<blockquote>At the beginning of a new game, as with a lot of RPG titles such as Morrowind, players are given the opportunity to choose the class and attributes of the last Jedi. Whilst there may not seem much of a difference between the Guardian, Consular, and Sentinel classes on first glance, it’s worth pointing out one of the additions to franchise, the so-called Prestige Classes, which include Jedi Master, Sith Lord, and Sith Assassin .Of course the ability access the Jedi or Sith classes is entirely based on the character’s alignment to either the Light or the Dark Side of the Force. In a step-by-step manner, players are also given the choice to either manually or automatically set the attributes of their chosen Jedi, with these characteristics affecting the protagonist’s abilities in various skills including manipulating the Force, and combat. As with the choice of classes, the listed attributes are quite standard in these types of RPG titles and unless you are an advanced veteran of the genre or just the experimental kind, you’ll probably end up doing exactly the same as us and allow the game to automatically set the attributes of the character.</blockquote>I'd never understand why people who are trying to play an RPG would want to skip the character development part. That "there is no difference between the 3 classes" comment was pretty funny too.

Better 300 words than 5000 words with a 300 word intro that doesn't say anything...not that I am pointing any fingers.

Heh.

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
Volourn said:
Meh. It's too late for missle wepaons. They blew their chance. There's me and my mega sabre, Handmaiden and her nude body, and I'll probably stick with Kreia 'cause if you can't kill 'em; you might as well let 'em join ya for some lightning throwing!

have you got mira yet? it might just have been the novelty, but i liked her wrist rocket launchers, especially some of the better darts/missiles it can shoot.

of course, since the ai is rather dumb, if you want to utilize the rocket launcher properly you pretty much have to take control of mira. :roll:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Re: Tons of KOTOR 2 reviews & opinions

bryce777 said:
Better 300 words than 5000 words with a 300 word intro that doesn't say anything...not that I am pointing any fingers.
I wouldn't say "better". While I agree that overly long reviews are boring - I want to know about a game, not to read a fucking book about it - at least a long review does the job, while a 300-word review is poor and insufficient by default.

Btw, did you have to quote the whole thing? Quoting "It's a 300-word review, so it must have been aimed at people with reading comprehension disabilities" would have been enough .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom