Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Top 10 Polish games

Red Hexapus

Savant
You should play this shit: best Polish game ever. It lets you discover for yourself how fucked up polish language truly is.

Gahbreeil

Learned
Kurka Wodna?

hI8l2JW.jpeg

covr

Prophet
Patron
1. Archolos
2. Vendetta: The Curse of Raven's Cry
3. Gorky 17
4. Polanie
5. Polanie 2 (Knightshift in the language of decline)
6. Two Worlds

The rest I've played is not good enough to recommend imo, so I won't list them.
Tainted Grail: Conquest is really good for its genre, one of the beat deck builders on the market. Tainted Grail Fall of Avalon is already very solid and might be a true hidden gem after release. Both worth recommendation

Before Witcher Polish games were also western copycats, only worse.

So many games were unique.

Some of them becasue of setting e.g. Slavonic era (Polanie) or early 90's Poland (Franko, Target, Rezerwowe Psy).

Pył? Hybrid between normal shooter and survival horror, scarce ammunition demanded clever source management, oh and that sniper miniview!

Target? Which Western fps has drivable vehicles (like Terminator), light rpg elements (classes / stats like Hexen 2) and split-screen deathmatch (like Goldeneye 007), all in a SINGLE game? In 1998?

Ash

Arcane
Two pages in and no mention of Darkwood, Poland's only true masterpiece. RPG Codex keeps the bar abysmally low as usual with Bulletstorm in 1st place, which is a 7/10 at best. How sad.

Eldrin

Literate
If someone wants another obscure polish game, check out "Red Skies Over Europe". Fun aircraft battle simulator.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Street Rod 1 & 2

Archolos

Painkiller

Call of Juarez

Atom RPG

Manor Lords

Green Hell

Chernobylite

Hard West

Terminator: Resistance

RoboCop: Rogue City

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I might be wrong on a couple of these being Polish. Will update if need be. Avoided Witcher games, not because they don't deserve it (witcher 2 is the only one I am truly fond of), but because it was more fun to try to come up with a list without them. Not in order.

Frost Punk
Green Hell
Hatred
Atom RPG
Darkwood
Hard Reset
House Flipper
Shadow Warrior
Grom
Xpand Rally

MasPingon

Arcane
please don't play Książę i Tchórz it's actually not a very good game
Yeah, I was very disappointed by it, Teenagent was miles better.

OP is a faggot for mentioning terrible games, but omitting Chrome, first polish attempt on making quality games:

Last edited:

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
It looks cool on screenshots though.
until you play it and it starts with an unskippable 15 min long intro, very moon logic puzzles, very strict and annoying verb system, timed sequences every fifteen minutes, painful voice acting from anyone else than Arivald, pixel hunting..

MasPingon

Arcane
Yeah, it looked cool in magazines screenshots but only that. It's Adrian's Chmielarz failed child, the guy was a prodigy on polish scene(later he made Painkiller and Bulletstorm, now Witchfire). Back then he was a big fan of Lucas Arts adventure games, his Teenagent was great, in style of Secret of Monkey Island/Indiana Jones and Fate of Atlantis. Książe i Tchórz was an answer to Curse of Monkey Island, you can tell it by an art style, but it was lacking in any other departments - sense of humor, riddles and atmosphere. And what Maxie said.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, it looked cool in magazines screenshots but only that. It's Adrian Chmielarz failed child, the guy was a prodigy on polish scene(later he made Painkiller and Bulletstorm, now Witchfire). Back then he was a big fan of Lucas Arts adventure games, his Teenagent was great, in style of Secret of Monkey Island/Indiana Jones and Fate of Atlantis. Książe i Tchórz was an answer to Curse of Monkey Island, you can tell it by an art style, but it was lacking in any other departments - sense of humor, riddles and atmosphere. And what Maxie said.
it's a purely Polish gripe, but you can also tell it based on Piekara's prose and co-written by Piekara quite easily and to its detriment

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, I generally stay away from adventure games, all I remember about Książę i Tchórz is seeing it in gaming magazines and that it looked very nice. Come to think of it, I don't know a single person that ever talked about it IRL. Teenagent and Wacki were both added to gaming magazines, so most people at least tried those.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom