Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It must be really tiring always trying to find things to be offended by.

Raapys

Arcane
It must be really tiring always trying to find things to be offended by.

Nah, I think they just pick them at random.

At any rate, the question isn't really whether or not the game has romance, gay stuff, necrophilia, bestiality or whatever. The question is whether the resources and time spent on those things could be better spent on making content that is, to the majority, more enjoyable. For my own part, exploring romances in games is really not exciting at all, regardless of the quality and maturity of that romance.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The word fuck was not in the question.
"Would you [name]" is an internet phrase I'm familiar with. Kevin knows this too considering his response.

Well I'll just point out this is a reddit ama, where you're supposed to answer questions no matter how personally distasteful.
They didn't answer literally every question nor is that expected.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
His reply was "Falls-From-Grace, fatal though it may be." And then
Follow up question. Would that be an inherently evil act since she's a demon, or does her own alignment factor in to this?
ksaun

I don't judge.
I don't know how you can interpret it any other way.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
She is a succubus. Kissing them kills you. Not fucking them. :lol:

Need to give up your new career as a mind reader. Because you fail at it. :lol:

Koschey

Arcane
Aye, pretty sure it's even stated in one FFG banter or her party dialogue that her kiss can be fatal (also see her special ability potentially doing enough damage to kill a commoner) :smug:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Aye, pretty sure it's even stated in one FFG banter or her party dialogue that her kiss can be fatal (also see her special ability potentially doing enough damage to kill a commoner) :smug:
I believe if you have low enough wisdom you can kiss her and die.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
When someone says "Would you" they don't mean kissing.

Koschey

Arcane
If that's what you are thinking of first, perhaps you ought to do some introspection instead of accusing other people.
:troll:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You can't do anything else with a succubus. Once they kiss you you die. Roguey is trying so hard and failing so bad. :lol:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And either way it's objectifying which is the problem I'm having.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
He did no say which one he would fuck. That was not the question.

You should go join Gariott's team and work on his game, because you also live in some bizarre magical fantasy land where you can read people minds. You the mind reader and Gariott the greatest game developer of all time! You guys will make millions. :lol:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
men wants sex with women! oh my god the end of the world

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
He did no say which one he would fuck. That was not the question.
What do you think the question was and why do you think Saunders responded with "fatal though it may be." and "I don't judge"?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Roguey works her magic on a thread again, predictably it turns to shit. Purge the last page and a half please.

I don't care if an redditor said "fuck," but I'm gonna say it.
FUCK YOU.
:rage:

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Brother None Do you think there'll be a chance to see a game of P&P Numenera DMed before this campaign is out to get a feel for the systems or is Numenera still to early in the play testing stages?

hiver

Brian Fargo @BrianFargo
There will some exciting news on Torment over the next few days...It's great to be working with such an incredible team.

:mad: : x

:rage:

And speaking of
Ctkob5J.png

Did anyone time how long it took for first complaints about how its a dddiiifffiiicuuult jooob?
I think it took him two days for first complaints on how incredibly demanding and taxing it all is.

And now he is already getting underlings?

The mini
?

:troll:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is it just me, or the funding slowed down considerably? Brother None , does the funding go according to your expectations, or are you feeling a bit falling behind.

Adam Heine

Arcane
Developer
Is it just me, or the funding slowed down considerably? Brother None , does the funding go according to your expectations, or are you feeling a bit falling behind.

I'd say the funding is about what we expected. Kickstarter's always surge in the beginning and the end, with a slow trough in the middle. Compare our pledges/backers per day to Project: Eternity's, for example. We had a bigger initial surge, but we've raised more at this stage than P:E did on the same day.

Obviously we'd like to speed up if we can. Fortunately, we've still got a couple of tricks up our sleeve...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom