Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

hiver

Well, regardless of how its trickling now... it seems you missed this middle stage of the campaign, in the sense that it could have been improved, surely.

Then again, you are already over 300% so... there i no actual need to really push too much. Bad moves from trying to grind too heavily could also have bad consequences.
Food for thought for the future maybe.

Well see what you guys have up the sleeves now.

uaciaut

Augur
Is it just me, or the funding slowed down considerably? Brother None , does the funding go according to your expectations, or are you feeling a bit falling behind.

I think continuously throwing the "enhanced writing" word kind of saturated some people, at least for the moment. I'm not saying better writing is a bad thing, especially with a game like Planescape, but people generally want diversity. This was probably the same case with P:E with funding slowing down for some periods of time when the pitched stretch goals were mostly "translation, porting, new class, new race" but picking up again with the later stretch goals (stronghold and big city 2).

hiver

I dont think there was 10 people out of those who understood that "writing" in game design actually means creating all kinds of content, quests, areas, NPCs, dialogues, reactions to dialogues, consequences, weapons, armors, environment, puzzles ... and fucktonn of other stuff.

They think writing is like typing something online. Or on a type writer. Text only.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Yeah, I think the problem is with visualising. It's difficult to visualise writing as content than a second big city.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PROTIP for Kickstarter watchers: If you think funding of a project has slowed down and that you know the reason why, you're probably wrong.

hiver

PROTIP for Kickstarter watchers: If you think funding of a project has slowed down and that you know the reason why, you're probably wrong.
You mean that kickstat is not correct?
overall figure is still going rather slowly... relatively speaking of course.

uaciaut

Augur
I dont think there was 10 people out of those who understood that "writing" in game design actually means creating all kinds of content, quests, areas, NPCs, dialogues, reactions to dialogues, consequences, weapons, armors, environment, puzzles ... and fucktonn of other stuff.

They think writing is like typing something online. Or on a type writer. Text only.

I don't think it's necessarily wrong for people to want a more defined shape for what "enhanced writing" really is, be it in the form of more factions, more NPC's, more quests, more cities, etc, and at the end of the day while names like Mitsoda and Ziets sell and bring more backers, adding details and more in depth reach into some of the new added features sells better. The labyrinth was a good touch for example, imo.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
T:ToN average pledge per backer: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjRsTwF0aHv6dFVwaTF1WTI5b24tbGxpQUdQNU1TSHc#gid=5

DORFhDx.png

Notice how steady they've managed to keep it. Very impressive.

It's interesting to compare with Wasteland 2 and PE. Wasteland 2 started high and slowly declined. PE started unusually low, but climbed high.

Conclusion: Kickstarter backers really love their novellas.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
The most popular Stretch Goal idea is for 2D pre-rendered graphics – we’ll have more to say on this topic soon.
Waiting...

Also another stretch goal writer. Pat Rothfuss, don't know the guy. Have any of you read his books?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Project: Eternity
Metric system in Numenera?

In the inventory (and dialogue, if applicable), please have the availability to use metric for weights, distances etc.
It would be a big thing for those of us who haven't grown up in Liberia, Burma or USA.

:roll:
Many sci-fi and fantasy RPGs use imperial system even if it doesn't make any sense. Going by description I see it more as don't use imperial system.

hiver

I don't think it's necessarily wrong for people to want a more defined shape for what "enhanced writing" really is, be it in the form of more factions, more NPC's, more quests, more cities, etc, and at the end of the day while names like Mitsoda and Ziets sell and bring more backers, adding details and more in depth reach into some of the new added features sells better. The labyrinth was a good touch for example, imo.
I havent said anything about peoples rights or wrongness of their wants.

Hey, hiver... Update should answer a question for you.
Thanks, just saw its up so ill go and see.

-

Hha`..!

and i get a comic too. nice.

Fathoms are seriously starting to kick the Endless paths ass.

- dives back..-

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom