Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Yeah, that's funny, the review actually reads as worse than 6/10. Strange way of shilling. :P
With the way journalists rate nowadays, 1-5 is for games that aren't even working right. This one clearly works, so it gets the minimum of 6/10. Fucking rating system.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I guess our logic here is that within all reviews with 8-9-10, we find one obscure greek dude (I've never heard of this site in my life and I'm greek too) that rated with a 6 and we focus on him? Seems logical!
:greatjob:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Ragequit.gr 6/10 (this one looks like it was written by a Codexer)

By the way; here is Ragequit.gr's review summary for Pillars of Eternity (keep in mind it was written by Kostas Kallianiotis, not Stefanos Κoutsoukos.)

99/100
+ POSITIVE
  • New, deep, well-written and beautiful world.
  • Great opportunity configuration of our character and adapt broader Role-Play based on this configuration.
  • Flexible Skill / Stat system, with each Character Build is fully sustainable.
  • Multiple possible paths to dialogue and Quests, the Main Quest until the most insignificant sub-chore, always with the relevant separate effects.
  • Honors, and perhaps exceed already, the legacy of the games of the Infinity Engine.
  • Because many words are poverty: maybe one of the best RPG of all time.
- NEGATIVELY
  • Because ... Obsidian're not missing from the original version some sparse bugs expected to be corrected shortly.
  • The pets may have a greater role to play than simply decorated (ntemek negative, but something had to find anymore).

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
About 60 minutes into the game and I can't unhook myself from conversation trees.

We start off with huge infodumps. Mr. Writer commands you to know everything from the start!

1. Where are we what is this place?
2. Who is the Changing god again?
3. So you say I was born when the Changing god left but why am I not dead?
4. Before I woke, I was in some kind of dreamlike labyrinth with a glowing specter.
5. If falling from the sky didn't kill me, is there anything that can?
I feel like all of these the player should answer for himself through exploration.

Shape

Educated
99/100
+ POSITIVE
  • Great opportunity configuration of our character and adapt broader Role-Play based on this configuration.
  • Multiple possible paths to dialogue and Quests, the Main Quest until the most insignificant sub-chore, always with the relevant separate effects.
  • Honors, and perhaps exceed already, the legacy of the games of the Infinity Engine.
- NEGATIVELY
  • Because ... Obsidian're not missing from the original version some sparse bugs expected to be corrected shortly.
  • The pets may have a greater role to play than simply decorated (ntemek negative, but something had to find anymore).

This game is going to get compared to PoE a lot, and that I believe is going to be ultimately the cause of very low ratings. PoE is just that much better, probably because the devs didnt have to try so hard to be edgy because Torment .

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
"Bomb" from 84 to 80

Ask a console peasant if 80 is a good score to buy a weird text-game.

Yeah, that's funny, the review actually reads as worse than 6/10. Strange way of shilling. :P
With the way journalists rate nowadays, 1-5 is for games that aren't even working right. This one clearly works, so it gets the minimum of 6/10. Fucking rating system.

I blame the left.

You play as a coloured or light skinned African with a gay arse side path if you choose male.

These guys are heavy on SJW bulshit, aren't they? MY GOD.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ragequit.gr 6/10 (this one looks like it was written by a Codexer)

By the way; here is Ragequit.gr's review summary for Pillars of Eternity (keep in mind it was written by Kostas Kallianiotis, not Stefanos Κoutsoukos.)

99/100
+ POSITIVE
- NEGATIVELY
That guy was fired for being too positive and replaced by Stefanos.
He was so sad his positive outlook was not shared by that place he decided to find a new one and came to the 'Dex known as Randal

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't think inXile are in touch with reality, why would you release something like Torment for consoles? It makes no sense.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I don't think inXile are in touch with reality, why would you release something like Torment for consoles? It makes no sense.
The jRPG crowd, Final Fantasy and shit.

They know exactly that SJW are pseudo-intellectuals that will love knowing they're playing an inclusive and diverse game with a huge amount of *deep* text, plus all those colors, just like their hair! Even though they don't really want mechanical complexity.

Torment is perfect for virtue signalling and pretend sophistication.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron

They know exactly that SJW are pseudo-intellectuals that will love knowing they're playing an inclusive and diverse game with a huge amount of text, plus all those colors, just like their hair! Even though they don't really want mechanical complexity.

The writing is so bad, as Roxor said, it's like reading walls of complete gibberish, I never felt that way when playing Planescape.

Cromwell

Arcane
Just to kick the Ui Horse again, who thought it would be a good idea to always play that fucking sound and let the ui slip in when I click on something and investigate or start a conversation? I am only about 20 minutes into the game and it annoys me immensly.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Ah yes, the classic "the most negative review speaks the most truth".

Unless it's a negative review of AoD or Underrail of course, at which point a 15 page whine thread commences about how reviewers just don't get it nowadays.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy

They know exactly that SJW are pseudo-intellectuals that will love knowing they're playing an inclusive and diverse game with a huge amount of *deep* text, plus all those colors, just like their hair! Even though they don't really want mechanical complexity.

Well, but 90% of the target audience is composed by anti-SJWs. Maybe you are talking about game journos, but even in this case I have my doubts. This tells more about developers' agenda preferences than the target audience.

Parabalus

Arcane
One thing that's been bugging me, has anyone found a use for oddities that don't have the "Use item" button? I'm sitting on 1-2k shins but I'm afraid to sell them in fear of missing out on something.

The game runs noticeably smoother than EA and loading is much faster than PoE.

pippin

I guess I'm going to wait a little bit for patches before going in. I don't think my toaster will be able to handle it properly though. In the end I have no expectations about this game, but I am giving it the benefit of the doubt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom