Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total War: Star Wars?

9ted6

Educated
What the hell does Star Wars-themed mean lol. It's either set in the Star Wars setting or its not, it's not a fucking decoration.
It means it is Total War using Star Wars skin. Something like this:

This guy's clickbait all caps titles are annoying.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It always gets me sad when I see people asking about Medieval 3. We'll never get it if they can make free money off big IPs.

Even if we do somehow get it, it'll probably be shit.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
It always gets me sad when I see people asking about Medieval 3. We'll never get it if they can make free money off big IPs.

It can be set anytime, anywhere and it simply doesn’t matter. Until they fix their engine or build a new one themselves, it can’t be anything but shit. And no mainstream western developers make engines anymore.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

It can be set anytime, anywhere and it simply doesn’t matter. Until they fix their engine or build a new one themselves, it can’t be anything but shit. And no mainstream western developers make engines anymore.
Even if God comes down and write them an engine the game will be shit. Nothing that is terrible about nu Total war is do to engine problems or limitations, there are fundamental design problems that will not go away, ever. nu Total war games are the pinnacle of

button awesome.jpg

and there is a lot of button pressing.

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Themed Total Wars are generally Total War with a wallpaper, that's why Warhammer is such a disappointment all around.
I'd say the big special units and heroes made Total War WORSE (for me at least). Unless they do something really interesting with this Total War: Star Wars (which I doubt will happen) I would rather wait for Star Wars: Rebellion to go on sale on GOG.
Wait, why would someone still be on the fence regarding SW:Rebellion after all those years?
It is by far the best Star Wars strategy game on PC, and it also has the worst UI of them all...

spectre

Arcane
I figure it's gonna be mostly like this, but this time with lightsabers going bzoooom bazooom.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
I figure it's gonna be mostly like this, but this time with lightsabers going bzoooom bazooom.

Is it in slowmo? He turns the back to 3 opponents or more for quite a long time overall. It is even harder than in movies to make a 1v6+ in which opponents don't feel like complete morons.
Edit: just saw it was a mod. I thought the kensai of Shogun 1 had been added by a DLC.

Harthwain

Magister
Wait, why would someone still be on the fence regarding SW:Rebellion after all those years?
It is by far the best Star Wars strategy game on PC, and it also has the worst UI of them all...
I can wait for a sale when I am going through my backlog of games.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
I can wait for a sale when I am going through my backlog of games.
Had you played it back in the day? Because otherwise, I am afraid the UI conventions used by the game might be even harder to forgive (even though it is miles better than SW: Empires at War).

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I found Star Wars: the Mod Awakens for Civ3 preferable. Granted, it is not a game in itself. Still, the level of attention to detail the modmaker displays pleases my autism greatly.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Had you played it back in the day? Because otherwise, I am afraid the UI conventions used by the game might be even harder to forgive (even though it is miles better than SW: Empires at War).
I didn't, but I am willing to give it a try.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Total Star Wars? Oh man, I can't wait!

The custom units and decals are going to be sick!

starwars_sister_clonetrooper.jpg
starwars_sister.jpg
461013975523-3.jpg
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg
protester-wears-star-wars-stormtrooper-costume-trans-440nw-14003142c.jpg
6x9nqviw5g091.jpg
san-diego-usa-22nd-july-2022-fans-shawn-richter-r-and-lisa-lower-cosplaying-pride-mandalorians...jpg

Kinda bummed I couldn't find a trans-flag coloured AT-AT tbh. It's what I was looking for. :lol:

Did you know they have an entire Pride coloured line of Star Wars toys and collectibles?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom