Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Transport Jew(iant) - can the hivemind into transport business?

eklektyk

Erudite
so whers our update ???? :rpgcodex:

Hellraiser

Arcane
A New Age of Exploitation

Quote of the update:

"You can't make a deal if you're dead" - the 125th Ferengi Rule of Aquisition

We can't really use this conspiracy to our advantage though.

And it begins, we're going to have to buy replacements for all our locomotives soon. Luckily we have spare jewgold.

kotick.png
: Yes, watch as the trains deliver a constant stream of raw materials to the baby meat factory!

So I connected two pig farms to the baby meat factory, connected a frankenwheat farm to the pig farm near mitterau (to increase pig production), built a ton of rails and built a storehouse. It works like this, the trains deliver pigs to the factory and bring back babymeat to the farm station. There it is unloaded into the storehouse from which horses pick it up and haul it to Mitterau and other cities ensuring the sapiens become addicted. Baby meat for the masses, big jewgold.

prateek.png
: I hope you are prepared, I am about to use our new secret weapon - the tulip market bubble.

kotick.png
: Do what you want young one, at the end of the day I will be the one killing the last of Amud's sons and daughters.

The economy is starting to tank, this cuts our profits by about half every time it happens (yes, it does stack).

Cleve-1.png
: The Serbian people are indeed known for their mighty fine clay. It would be prudent to make use of it for the good of all and the general incline of sapiens civilization.

kotick.png
: Even now he is expanding onto my very doorstep. Soon Blakemore, soon...

Traundorf is now connected to the ActiPopamole railway.

kotick.png
: Four more years of this stagnation Chocolate Jew? I have neanderthals to wipe out and you're just throwing logs at my feet.

prateek.png
:That's what the elders want, do not question them.

I replace the konjads with trains as petroleum production at the oil well increased a lot. Also I built some tunnels to smooth out road traffic. We have so much cash and nothing to spend it on as the trains are too shitty to go far.

eisenturm.png

kotick.png
: What is this? Vandalism? Don't I have people working twenty hours a day for a mere penny to clean this up? Get that ugly sapiens "art" thing of my yehzah making steam machine. And shoot any monkey that dares to paint on my assets.

prateek.png
: It's probably nothing, but waste your time on trivialities. While you keep doing that every Kraut and Snowfag bank is slowly falling under my influence. Your little enterprise is redundant and pointless, I do not understand why the Elders do not reassign you to something more productive.

kotick.png
: Probably because I was running conspiracies and planning genocide for millenia by the time you even touched your first piece of jewgold.

prateek.png
: Have you heard? You can now get credit to buy "stocks" where the collateral are the stocks you buy with it. It's absolutely genius wouldn't you say Kotick.

kotick.png
: I'll take my mass produced baby meat delivery business over your childish quick-yehzah scams. A real conspiracy lasts eons not less than a decade.

This is how the AI builds railways, it cannot into using the bigger track curves and ends up with abominations like this.

prateek.png
: Do you hear that Kotick? It's the stockmarket crashing.

kotick.png
: Games fit for a child, while you're just making the sapiens lose money I'm poisoning them. Their bodies are now filled with elements the existence of which their science isn't even aware of. They don't even know what they don't even know! Oil, Baby Meat, Frankenwheat all of that is enslaving them and they just keep gobbling it up for decades, wanting more, more and more. That's a real conspiracy child, not your petty "securities" and "industrial averages".

This is how bad the economy is now. We were making about 21k per fruit truckload, now we're making 5k. It can get worse if the game hates us. Frankly the only reason why we're not totally screwed is because horses are bloody broken. They don't die out of old age, they require no repairs and have infinite range. Also they're cheap. Add this to the list why I am never again starting a Transport Giant before the year 1900.

Also occasionally you get subsidies for building roads or certain rail types. This happens more often later on when more rail types are available.

This oil well was producing 3 truckloads per month back in 1850. Talk about progress.

A new industry that doesn't suck?

It doesn't produce much at this point. Anyway we can't exploit it as there are no jewelers around. Another downside to starting early, we have to rely on random industry spawns which aren't too common if we want to see the advanced goods. Hence we have shitty industries, almost no mines and lots of farms.

I keep replacing all our locomotives every decade. We have over a 100 of them total. We also have a lot of horses and not even one died. Damn melonheads keep immortality to themselves only to save on buying new horses.

New train, this one is actual :incline: but still far from what we need to build proper long distance railways. Doesn't help that the nearest two big cities keep dropping on and off the passenger demand list for Mitterau like retarded.

Four more years of chocolate jew's great depression.

And a jeweler appeared. Goldmines and jewelers tend to be very rare and very far apart. However you can make a killing off them, assuming you have something that can haul it halfway across the map without exploding from no repairs. Which we don't.

Remember WOOL 1 and WOOL 2? I expanded our railway to haul all the wool to the textile factories and have horses distributing the cheap Chinese clothing to Hoelbruck and Mitterau. Also Hoelbruck now gets eggs. Synergy.

This is why those new locomotives are such incline, they can haul a lot of goods. Oil is very heavy so we could at best get 2 tanker cars of that behind the previous locomotive. But this one, it hauls seven and is faster. Progress right there.

Crisis over!

Mitterau is growing upwards nicely.

Hauling all that baby meat certainly helps it grow :smug:

Oh great, so now the economy is back to where it was when we began. Then again when there's a zionist from space conspiracy going around, I guess that counts for a miracle. Or when the media say what the melonheads tell them :M

Another random event. Good thing we don't really ship any alcohol anywhere.

The overuse of the word "reckon" and complete lack of "expect" or "you can bet on" in the English translation is annoying. Then again that probably is a pedantic quirk I developed, back when I was tutoring all those idiots preparing for the English Matura exams, who kept saying "in picture I see" despite me correcting them all the fucking time. Either way the potato translation was far better but CDP actually can do a proper localization. And I have this odd feeling Jowood did this localization in house.

This is actually interesting, ignoring the whole Taj Mahal in Kraut and Snowfag land. Sometimes you get the chance to transport goods to a construction site. They offer preferential freight rates as the investment would not pay for itself otherwise. Once the tourist trap is done you can haul passengers to it from any city you want.

Unfortunately these things tend to spawn far away from the resources they require so you usually ignore them. They're more common in the campaign where hauling various materials is an objective. If nobody starts hauling stuff to the construction site it gets demolished after a few years.

Mitterau has nearly 20k sapiens in it now. Notice how the demand list for goods not only increased in the quantity of goods but also in the types as well.

The formula for passenger destination demand is based on distance from city and city size. You always have the top three or four cities on the list even if they're on the other side of the map. We're kind of fucked though as we lack the technology to exploit that. Cue me whining about swimming in cash and not being able to spend in properly.

kotick.png
: Look at this! Isn't it marvelous?

prateek.png
: It looks rather crude. Also it lacks the elegance of economic manipulation.

melonhead.png
: I however find this intriguing. So you're making them more reliant on these hydrocarbons of yours by introducing vehicles powered by it? Quite ingenious.

prateek.png
: But stocks and bonds!

melonhead.png
: Learn from the Kotick young one, he knows how to make a long term conspiracy bear fruit.

kotick.png
: :smug:

I start replacing our popamole horses with globalwarmthinkery vehicles.

kotick.png
: Chocolate Jewwwwww!!!!!! :x

kotick.png
: At least I have spare yehzah. Look at all these new shiny trucks, raising that sapiens lust for black gold. Wait, what is this...

eisenturm2.png

kotick.png
: Clean the damn trucks! I said they were supposed to shine like the image of diamonds sparkling reflected off polished platinum! When I find the person making those I'll test that VIP torture chamber's equipment on him. I need to know if it is ready to welcome the Blakemore. Ha ha hahahahaha!

kotick.png
: Still playing with "securities" child?

prateek.png
: Laugh all you want Kotick, I now have full control over the Kraut and Snowfag financial industry.

kotick.png
: Not much of an industry if doesn't produce anything that poisons or addicts the sapiens.

prateek.png
: It poisons their finances.

kotick.png
: A fancy parlor trick Chocolate Jew I am sure. Come back when you're ready to make a proper conspiracy like an adult, just leave these stocks behind in the sandbox with the rest of your toys .

kotick.png
: The Blakemore builds a railroad to block my trucks! Accursed son of Amud! Gather the laborers who work for a breadcrumb's worth a day, I need a new bridge. Make them break their backs if you have to.

melonhead.png
: The sapiens appear to be agitated in that city you're so fond of Kotick.

kotick.png
: Wait, you say what is happening in Mitterau?

eisenturm3.png

vince.png
: We must purge the corruption that has been poisoning our pure RPG gaming master race! We must toss out the filth that seeks to twist our bodies with baby meat and other bile!

[the crowd shouts] HEIL WELLER! HEIL WELLER!

prateek.png
: Looks like the sapiens have caught up with your plans Kotick.

vince.png
: We must eradicate this scourge that took over our industries, our banks and our government!

kotick.png
: You were saying child?

prateek.png
: :rage:

vince.png
: As of this moment I declare the Kraut Republic dead and put a Neues Ordnung in its place! I proclaim the creation of the Eisenturm Reich! No more will we, the chosen Grognard master race bear the burden of economic disasters orchestrated from the shadows! We are nobody's puppets! We are the masters of our destiny! WIR MUSSEN DIE POPAMOLE AUSROTTEN!

[the crowd shouts] WIR MUSSEN DIE POPAMOLE AUSROTTEN! WIR MUSSEN DIE POPAMOLE AUSROTTEN! HEIL WELLER!

melonhead.png
: Well it looks like we need to get back to our seabed lair and think of something new. Just remember to bring Morden with you.

kotick.png
: Morden? I though he was back at the oceanic compound.

melonhead.png
: No, he said he's going ice fishing after which he'll go help you with your business.

Meanwhile in the cold icy wasteland of Neuschwabenland...

neuschwabbenland.png

vince.png
: We have taken over the country.

morden.png
: Good, I see you are a man of your word.

vince.png
: I keep my promises, you keep yours Morden.

morden.png
: Naturally, you told me what you want. I will give you that as I said I would.

vince.png
: Fine, then it is as we agreed.

reptilian.png
: Yessssss. You will do with thissss planet asssss you pleassse. We merely require you [hiss] to take care of the Melonheadssssss and provide usssss with sssssuport.

vince.png
: Of course, we have mutual goals here.

THE MELONHEAD PLOT HAS BEEN DISCOVERED. THEY HAVE ABANDONED THEIR OPERATION AND CAREFULLY GATHERED NEW RESOURCES TO STRIKE AGAIN IN A DIFFERENT PART OF KRAUT AND SNOWFAG LAND, ONE STILL SAFE FROM THE EISENTURM REICH AND ITS REPTILIAN ALLIES.

Simply put the early start, fuckload of cash and lack of tech made for a very boring LP with no meaningful choices for you to make. It was way too easy due to popamole horses so we're starting again this time in 1925.

Exploiting the "free" (hahaha) part of Kraut and Snowfag Yurop.

Now we get 17,5 million because the 5 million we got in 1850 wouldn't even buy us a single decent truck line. Also these trains cost a lot more and they require electrified tracks. From my experience a 1900 or later start is way harder than the horse popamole one because we have to deal with actual repair costs, higher maintenance and vehicles exploding after a decade or two (unlike immortal horses)

We also get better trucks. I don't think we have asphalt roads yet.

Also a bus (we had a bus before as well but they're meh). Should have changed the names from "totally not that vehicle" to their real ones. All vehicles are actually based on real ones. We'll get dc-10s later :M

Oh and we can buy zeppelins and invest in air travel.

Anyway we need an investment strategy, per suggestion to speed things up you'll vote on overall strategy for the next 10 years. Occasionally a tourist trap may be built or some other thing happens which will require input before the decade is up.

Anyway the strategies for years 1925-1935 are:

Baby Meat - find a good place to set up a new baby meat chain using trains/trucks and exploit the hell out of it. It almost worked once, well actually it worked fine but larpfaggotry interrupted it.

Strip Mining - look for iron ore, boxites, jewgold or coal and industries that need them. Profit off it.

Oil - I hear you can make a killing off the petrochemical industry. Just ask Exxon-Mobil :smug:

Zeppelins - Focus on putting these majestic and :obviously: aircraft on voyages between major cities.

Passenger railways - move the sapiens around gouging them for every penny.

Ocean Cruise lines - this map has decent inland seas (over-sized lakes?) and more coastal cities, maybe we can find a line we can exploit.

Pick one of the above.

If somehow the strategy which wins is impossible to execute I'll implement the one with the most votes after it.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I vote for strip mining, turn the sapiens against their own planet.

Also, I told you guys we should have started later :rpgcodex:

Baltika9

Arcane
Oil, of course. To sate The Kotic's bloodlust by manipulating the saps into pointless wars for black gold.

Zeriel

Arcane
tumblr_m6yrkcGzTG1qdhvyro1_400.jpg

I vote for the Zeppelin Society, purveyors of fine monocles and staches.

Hellraiser

Arcane
I want to be a Hindenburg

Quote of the update:

"I find it rather easy to portray a businessman. Being bland, rather cruel and incompetent comes naturally to me." - John Cleese

Some music that plays ingame during the time period we're currently in, each period has a different tracklist that reflects it (but some overlap) a nice touch IMO as you'll see later on:

kotick.png
: I barely even manage to hire the suckers who'll build me my new airships for pennies and The Chocolate Jew is already tanking the economy. Kids these days...

melonhead.png
: I have to say Kotick, I do appreciate that shape. Quite marvelous really.

prateek.png
: I just crashed the economy!

kotick.png
: Go hog for attention elsewhere young one, adults are doing business here.

Our initial yehudimzahav is just enough to buy two zeppelin fields and 3 zeppelins. I connect Martinsburg and Heisenstedt (I think that's the name) two of the largest cities that are fairly close to each other.

Could have saved quite a bit if we went into railways now. Alas this event gets wasted.

Damn crisis is making us only get 30-ish thousand jewgold per trip. Still we are making a profit, as small as it is.

New electric train. This thing has quite the traction.

New map means new competitors. Starting with Stereotypical Villain. Prisoner of Ice, never forget :M

Comrade Hamster once again proves that Brussels is indeed the new Moscow. :M

New competitors? It looks like this guy....

...is old.

:yeah:

kotick.png
: Drill deeper, drill more! Burn it, drink it, make plastics out of it I don't care. Either way you're falling right into our trap sapiens, back to the cage the neanderthals let you out of.

kotick.png
: My my Chocolate Jew, you're doing something right for a change.

This boom translates to getting over 80k per zeppelin trip :yeah:

kotick.png
: What is this? A fast fuel-guzzling atmospheric craft? Should be useful to spread chemtrails over the sap cities and crops.

Our first plane. This thing is pretty decent, sure a zeppelin has 4 times it's capacity. But the plane is faster and income does scale of travel speed for passengers quite nicely. And it goes over 600 kilometers per hour.

If you're wondering an airport (which is not the same as a zeppelin field) costs over 3,5 million. Before you ask there is only one model of Zeppelin in the game so they're not going to get any better as :obviously: as they are. In the long run chemtrails and jets are the way to go if we want to exploit the skies. Well we can also build helicopters, they're like buses but faster. I only use them to carry mail around.

Yes, and we're obviously not investing in rails. :rpgcodex:

New trains, including steam ones. Not that bad but not all too good either.

More zeppelins start filling the skies.

This new plane is a bit better, a bit slower yes but the doubled capacity makes it a strong competition for the zeppelins as its twice as fast.

More jewgold? The Chocolate Jew is surely joking now is he?

We were making over 80k and now its 50-ish? :decline: of economic booms, a zionist plot I tell you :M

If we want to expand into baby meat soon this will hurt is in the first two years.

Why not passengers, seriously? :rpgcodex:

We're making over 9,5 million a year now, a bit more as new zeppelins were constantly bought. We will need to expand the zeppelin fields for about 3 million (less than a new zeppelin) to increase capacity on our single line though.

We made over 58 million off them and have 19 at the moment. Margins off this business aren't that good. I want us to hit a few billion jewgold annual income to trigger ITZ by 2050. 6 or maybe even twelve would be a good number. It is doable I think.

Anyway the strategies for years 1936-1945 are:

Baby Meat - find a good place to set up a new baby meat chain using trains/trucks and exploit the hell out of it. It almost worked once, well actually it worked fine but larpfaggotry interrupted it.

Strip Mining - look for iron ore, boxites, jewgold or coal and industries that need them. Profit off it.

Oil - I hear you can make a killing off the petrochemical industry. Just ask Exxon-Mobil :smug:

Zeppelins - Focus on putting these majestic and :obviously: aircraft on voyages between major cities.

Airline Chemtrails - Start buildings airports and dropping all those toxic chemicals on the sapiens.

Passenger railways - move the sapiens around gouging them for every penny.

Ocean Cruise lines - this map has decent inland seas (over-sized lakes?) and more coastal cities, maybe we can find a line we can exploit.

Pick one of the above.

Shadenuat

Arcane
472820-santiago_thumb.png
: Air power rests at the apex of the first triad of victory, for it combines Mobility, Flexibility, and Initiative.

Airports.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Railways almost always seem a worthwhile investment in these games.
Still, airpower is superior, so one more vote for CHEMTRAILS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom