Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Berengar

Learned
Keepin' it together, Bree?

Cael

Arcane
FONA1uLaUAQJyD-.png
pathfinder wrath of the righteous?
No. BG3.

KafkaBot

Scholar
people anti-storyfag games have genuine autism where they'll spend hours shooting rats with no context so they can get a +2% more rat damage cloak

Combat fags that shit on story-heavy games are just illiterate baboons that wouldn't be able to read a pulpy novel made for horny teens if their lives depended on it.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Combat fags that shit on story-heavy games are just illiterate baboons that wouldn't be able to read a pulpy novel made for horny teens if their lives depended on it.

It's a real existential question.
If our lives depended on it, I'm afraid you'd be stuck with sodomites, pedophiles and retards, ready for mankind to devolve into monkeys...

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The Decline is over, and has been over for more than half a decade, and the codex has failed to come to terms with the fact that good CRPGs are now being released.

Reinhardt

Arcane
people anti-storyfag games have genuine autism where they'll spend hours shooting rats with no context so they can get a +2% more rat damage cloak
2% rat damage cloak + 2% rat damage boots + 2% rat damage ring + 3% rat damage hat = 17% more rat damage. dumb storyfag like you will never understand beauty of numbers.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
2% rat damage cloak + 2% rat damage boots + 2% rat damage ring + 3% rat damage hat = 17% more rat damage. dumb storyfag like you will never understand beauty of numbers.

1.02 * 1.02 * 1.02 * 1.03 = 9.3% more rat damage. Numberwang hardliners can't even calculate compound interest

KafkaBot

Scholar
When taken as a complete package, Kamidori Alchemy Meister is a better game than Underrail.

Anyone who disagrees is likely a puritan who's embarrassed of being seen as a wanker.

Kruyurk

Learned
A good sense of style is an essential quality of the hero. And that entails not wearing a pant.

KafkaBot

Scholar
Kamidori Alchemy Meister
It's too bad the writing is offensively bad. Tried getting into it several times, but I just cannot stand the Mary Sue MC.

I felt the same at first, but my experience was VASTLY improved once I decided to just turn off my brain and revel in the absurdity of it all. The fact that the gameplay is so fucking great probably helped.

Also, I will openly admit to finding the female characters interesting. If nothing else, I also appreciated the fact that everything was pretty vanilla; I absolutely HATE skipping through text I haven't read yet, so the fact that I was never forced to do so to avoid having to sit through disturbing and unnecessary rape scenes (that some weirdo clearly wrote while jacking off) was a huge plus.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The CRPG Addict walks the walk while the RPG Codexer talks the talk.

Or rather he talks the walk...

Besides, he's burning out just like I thought he would, even if he jumps back on the horse, he has only played the tip of the iceberg, he's about to dive in an ocean of garbage and he he even reach 2010+, every fucking game is a RPG, good luck with playing all that shit.
And the walking simulators... Just thinking about it makes me sick.

Last but not least, he plays mechanically games he doesn't enjoy, either he's autistic or his wife has a really active sexual life when he's not around and he needs to vent out but he can't practice any sport.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom