Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Troika updated their web site with TOEE info !!!

Spazmo

Erudite
Yeah, but it's mostly links to existing previews. Nothing much. At least they've acknowledged the existence of the game.

triCritical

Erudite
What troika could use is a bloody forum, so people can discuss the friggin game without having to go to the IGN boards. I thought it would be impossible, but they are getting worse. its like a circus over there.

Dan

Liturgist
triCritical said:
What troika could use is a bloody forum, so people can discuss the friggin game without having to go to the IGN boards. I thought it would be impossible, but they are getting worse. its like a circus over there.

Yeah, I agree.

Although I always feared it would draw idiots like the IPLY boards, I still think it's a good idea.

Jed

Cipher
If Tim is up for it, why couldn't RPG Codex host the official ToEE forum? That was we each could personally pick off the IPLY refugees as they descend upon the forum...

J

triCritical

Erudite
XJEDX said:
If Tim is up for it, why couldn't RPG Codex host the official ToEE forum? That was we each could personally pick off the IPLY refugees as they descend upon the forum...

J

I would be all for it, PM the guy in charge.;)

GreenNight

Liturgist
triCritical said:
XJEDX said:

J
I would be all for it, PM the guy in charge.;)
Well, if the comments in the IGN forums are as bad as you say (haven't gone there) then either you learn to life with clueless morons, lots of the, in these (RPGCodex) forums or else the moderarors start banning a lot and locking/deleting even more.

That's the problem with fame, you handle it or it kills you. Yes, I consider having an official forum for a mainstream game as "fame".

These were my last conscious moments before sleep, hope you enjoyed them.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
The people at the IGN forums aren't "stupid", they're just not bitter and pseudo-intellectual enough for those here to enjoy, I suppose.

Spazmo

Erudite
And Craprunner is still struggling with his Speak-and-Spell, so he's not ready for a large public yet.

Jed

Cipher
Constipated Craprunner said:
Well, Saints a Republican so that automatically makes intellectualhood impossible, XJEDX is a fourty year old anarchist and Rosh is a total, stupid, *look at me Iam right* hippocrite.
What the fuck?! I'm only 27! (Well, I'll be 28 in two months...) And I still enjoy the ph4t l3wt & b00biez just as much as you young statists!

J

triCritical

Erudite
XJEDX said:
What the fuck?! I'm only 27! (Well, I'll be 28 in two months...) And I still enjoy the ph4t l3wt & b00biez just as much as you young statists!

J

Hey me too, well except that I turned 27 two months ago.

Dan

Liturgist
I didn't say the IGN forums are full of idiots, but it's just not an offical private Troika forum.

And I like PHPBB better...

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
That kind of reminds me of the scene near the end of South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut where Cartman apologizes to Kyle for calling him a Jew all his life.

Kyle: What? I am a Jew!
Cartman: No, no, don't be so hard on yourself.

As for hosting their forums, it really is like Greennight says. When you do that, you're going to attract morons like ForumPlanet and the IGN boards have. That's not something that's really fun.

triCritical

Erudite
XJEDX said:
triCritical said:
Hey me too, well except that I turned 27 two months ago.
Hey, good to see some other old timers here. How's Huntington Beach treating you?

J

Except for the fact that I can't afford any property in a neighborhood that I can raise my children in pretty good. I guess its not too much better in bay area, but Southern California is getting pretty expensive. 1600 square foot house should not go for a half a million.

BTW time sure flies, when FO came out we were like 21. :shock:

Jed

Cipher
triCritical said:
Except for the fact that I can't afford any property in a neighborhood that I can raise my children in pretty good. I guess its not too much better in bay area, but Southern California is getting pretty expensive. 1600 square foot house should not go for a half a million. BTW time sure flies, when FO came out we were like 21. :shock:
Bay Area's getting better. Dot com bust has been a godsend to the less-than-wealthy. One bedroom apartments are coming down to about 1000 dollars, but of course that's in SF. Here in Oaktown things are a little more sane. In my neighborhood, one can rent a two-bedroom house for around $1500 a month. I pay $350 to share a coffin with my pal.

J

Rager_Kaine

Novice
I have to say that Troika is doing a great job with this so far. I hope they can deliever. There are only 1 or 2 items I don't like but thats about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom