Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children is an anime XCOM made by Koreans

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I must add that manipulating that tick-based initiative order is major part of the gameplay.

Yes, many effects / masteries directly tie into the initiative manipulation systems.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Surpisingly good.

I bought XCom Chimera, Gears Tactics and Troubleshooters in the same week, thinking that the latter would end up on my pile of games to play sometime in the future...

Steam says I've played 6 hours of XCom, Gears Tactics I've played around 1-2 hours (thanks to gamepass). Troubleshooters... 39 hours.

I agree.

U7R9Rlk.jpg

This is the quality of translation you're getting if you buy the game now. Devs have commented on the forums saying they will improve it.

The translation didn't bother me so far. OK some explanations are weird, but to me it's tolerable.

I like the story, it makes me want to learn more about the world and the characters - I find Gears Tactics' story worse / generic in comparison.

The game is a bit too easy on normal if you aren't new to the genre, but on the other hand, the game throws you into larger fights with several independent groups of player controlled characters rather quickly.

I thought the translation was pretty atrocious. It lead to me having the biggest WTF moment I had in a long time in a game.

The game gave me four answer possibilities in the same mission. 2 out of 4 were very obvious, "help me as a troubleshooter" or "evacuate from here citizens". One was custom and a bit more special. The third was "Did you do all this?" or something of that measure. I misinterpreted the last answer as "Why are you fellow superhumans mixed in here under the civillians and able to fend off the terrorists" while the game meant it as "You are terrorists! I will attack you now"! Turned the overlevelled npcs instantly hostile and they oneshot me. At least the game had an ultra generous save system that allowed me to load to the dialogue choice.

Also the npc chatter is very bad. If you rescue civillians and children their english is super mangled. Especially the children dont speak like children at all.

Probably the worst translation I have yet witnessed in an asian game.

The mastery system is amazing tho, and it was a very worthy buy. Thanks for the recommendation Lhynn

Lhynn

Arcane
"Did you do all this?" or something of that measure. I misinterpreted the last answer as "Why are you fellow superhumans mixed in here under the civillians and able to fend off the terrorists" while the game meant it as "You are terrorists! I will attack you now"! Turned the overlevelled npcs instantly hostile and they oneshot me.
:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom