Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline True Thief 4 Dark Mod is released

Melcar

Arcane
I have not played this in a while. Going to update my install and play some new FMs.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
So I was playing Shadows of Northdale. Haven't finished it yet, but this is even better than Life of the Party. Goldwell:
That goddamn Halloween shop was a very nice touch. Well done my man!

Goldwell

Novice
Thanks! That's huge praise to hear northdale being compared to Life of the Party. Something that was completely unintended too btw, when I was making the mission I wasn't really thinking of doing rooftops, but it started to come naturally as the development cycle went on.

udm

Arcane
Patron
"Better Sounds"

Does that mean you can now properly hear guards and people walking around? Because that's what always kept me from playing this.

Yes I can confirm it. The sounds propagate better now. However, it only seems to be in newer FMs; the older FMs still have odd sound propagation. I didn't notice this when I first played TDM, but now comparing newer FMs (eg Northdale) with older ones, you can really tell the difference.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Which FMs are you running? The older maps definitely aren't as well-optimised as newer ones.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Maybe I just have a decent PC but I've never dipped below 30 FPS in most missions.

Bocian

Arcane

interesting.png

udm

Arcane
Patron
Morgoth Regarding Volta I

How do you steal the sword on the second floor of the mansion? The gate's locked and I can't seem to find the key.

Last edited:

Melcar

Arcane
Latest version runs smooth. Always had issues with mouse in both menu screens and in-game, but so did old room 3.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Crash

Literate
Real nice mod, can play on older rigs new Thief content, sweet. Though I have to admit some missions are really, really hard to figure out. Like that friggin' outdoor mission that takes place in some camp near mountains - map is so small you can see both ends of it, but I still couldn't beat it. But I have always been weak on adventure games, so guess my puzzle figuring results are faulty also here.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
If you are new to the mod, here are some must play missions.
Crucible of Omens: Behind Closed Doors
William Steele series
Penny Dreadful series
Thomas Porter series
Ulysses series
The Accountant series
Volta 1 and 2
Briarwood Manor
Down by the Riverside
These are all fantastic missions made by some of the most talented people in The Dark Mod community, play them if you have not.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Completed William Steele 4, as I got into the beta test for it. Nice mission, but really buggy and pretty low FPS at the moment. Once it's polished up and I'm not looking at every nook and cranny, it's gonna be pretty great.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
William Steele 4: The Warrens released. Atmosphere is solid and Grayman changed everything that people suggested pretty fast. I haven't played the full release yet, but I did play through a late beta test when it was in a near finished state. Check it out, I think it's a great mission, especially if you like the William Steele story arc.
http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/19618-fan-mission-the-warrens-by-grayman-201891/

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Lmao
and these comments
I'm in genuine disbelief you expected people to even think to do this, let alone pull it off.
what you know pal, looks like there are still human remnants whose imagination wasn't killed by modern gaming industry with their quest arrows, pointers, constant droving and other interactive movies black magic.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
what you know pal, looks like there are still human remnants whose imagination wasn't killed by modern gaming industry with their quest arrows, pointers, constant droving and other interactive movies black magic.
Yes, and he's one of them. He's a stealth gaming god, I know him on Steam and he's beyond good at stealth games.
His point was that wooden door blockade planks are annoying as shit, on which I would have to agree since in TDM they are really god damn hard to remove without making a ton of noise.
Placing the board on the floor would only ever make too much noise since I didn't have the reach to do anything but drop it loudly, so carefully leaving it in the window was the only option I had.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom