Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trying to find a game...

JDR13

Arcane
I saw a game recently that piqued my interest, but I can't remember the name of it. I'm pretty sure it's fairly new or perhaps still in early access.

So, in the footage I saw, there were some large scale space battles, but you could also board ships and engage in FPS combat. There seemed to be a large variety of ships from fighters to capital ships, and I think it's possible to pilot all of them. I think you can even descend to the surface of planets and engage in combat there as well. I don't know if it's multiplayer only or if there's a single-player mode.

The closest thing I could compare it to would be the Star Wars Battlefront games, but this game looked a lot better.

Any ideas on what it might be?

Beowulf

Arcane
Perhaps this?

Or you might have seen a video of Dust 514:

There are also older games in that genre, blending space battles and FPS combat, but you'd have to be more specific.

Last edited:

Silly Germans

That trailer is hilarious. If there wasn't the steam page link i would have thought that this trailer is some quality satire about over the top buzz word marketing for shooters.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I always liked the idea that a game - either space or pirate-themed - was part strategy and part FPS/3rd-person where you can board ships and commandeer them. Icarus Starship Simulator is another one like this though it looks a bit crude on the outside but might have extra vrooom under the hood.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom