Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tunguska: The Visitation - top-down survival shooter inspired by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Shadow Master (English) Ready for Open Beta!
Hello Ghoul Hunters!

Thank you for patiently waiting. I have finally finished the work for Shadow Master DLC, and it's now ready for free open BETA!

Please note that currently I only have English version of it, because there are quite a bit of new dialogue in a new quest line, with a long story about Haruko's past, so I just need to finish polishing the English version before committing it to translation.

But if you are interested in playing the English version, please follow below steps:

1. Disable Steam cloud save for Tunguska

2. Back up all the files under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\RotoristWorkshop\Tunguska

3. Enable BETA build using password "shadowmaster" from the settings window on Steam for Tunguska

4. Once you launch the game, you should see version showing as "1.70-0 beta" and a crossbow in the main menu scene

5. You can either start a new game with the "Sticks & Stones" mode

6. Or if you already completed Haruko's military document quest, just go back to her and select the "Interview" option in her dialogue to start the assassination quest line

I hope you have fun with it, and please let me know if you notice something wrong :)

And now, some new changes added to the 1.70-0 patch:

- Changed the appearance of the Lucifer melee weapon, and reduced its inventory size

- Increased the body turning speed while holding a melee weapon, and this turning speed now depends on the weight of the weapon - heavier the weapon, slower you turn around

- Added more coverage attribute for the "Breast of Nachtkrapp" armor, while giving it a handicap which is a 30% increased footstep noise

- Corrected the stack size of the Repair Kit for RUS, UA, and Chinese. They should not stack.

mkultra

Augur
Seems decent, but i think i will refund, i'm such a graphical whore unfortunately.

The assets used here belongs in games made some 20'ish years ago, makes very little sense. It reminds me of games like never winter nights 1 or so.

He could spend maybe $100-200 on modern stock assets to make the game look at least twice as good. Bet it would sell better and it could be advertised better with some pretty nice looking screens. I mean its not running on a 20 year old engine, Unity is capable of higher poly count than 800'ish for a tree and 20 for a rock..
Seems decent, but i think i will refund, i'm such a graphical whore unfortunately.

The assets used here belongs in games made some 20'ish years ago, makes very little sense. It reminds me of games like never winter nights 1 or so.

He could spend maybe $100-200 on modern stock assets to make the game look at least twice as good. Bet it would sell better and it could be advertised better with some pretty nice looking screens. I mean its not running on a 20 year old engine, Unity is capable of higher poly count than 800'ish for a tree and 20 for a rock..
lol 200 dollars barely buys you a few car models. Besides, nobody makes post-apocalyptic soviet environments :)
Which asset store are you looking at?
There are many assets from $1-$10, tons of free ones too (though of course one need to read what kind of license it comes with). I'd absolutely look outside of Unity Assetstore, i took a quick look and it seems very expensive there, there are hundreds of other places.

What defines post-apocalyptic is mostly in the texture department or that it looks somewhat broken, quite easy to add i would say. So even if there might not be many post apocalyptic assets many can easily be adapted.

When i worked for Kenshi (which is also a kind of post apoc. RPG) all the assets for that game he purchased in the OGRE asset store (i believe it was), i was quite impressed with the character animations and buildings he had found for the game (might not look impressive today, but this was 11 years ago).

I could probably provide you with free assets (trees and flora / groundcovers) and post apocalyptic textures which have quite a few of, for free / for a mention in credits. PM if you're interested. My biggest graphical mod (Skyrim Flora Overhaul) have ~4m unique downloads, if that counts for anything, and like mentioned i also did some work for Kenshi (some trees, flora, textures).

I would love to have some flora/ground textures :) That would be great!

The thing with the assets in asset store is that they don't fit my needs. Tunguska is a top down game which means the buildings need to be more wider than usual, and walls must be less tall to look more comfortable from way above. I require a distorted proportion. I can model all sorts of buildings, the only painful part is of course texturing, because textures.com gets really repetitive after making a few buildings. But I think the graphics could use a lot of detailed ground decors, such as little rocks, tire tracks, etc. But I have a hard time finding those textures.
When i have the time i will look through what i have i can create a package for you. I will PM you here.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
That just an idea. Normally you project texture flatly on the model with uv grid, like walls in tunguska, and normally the engine would warp the view and adjust rendering/transforms of the textures and models, so idk what rotorist problem is. If the engine is made in a way that needs feeding textures that are preprocessed in shape, then thats some bad stuff. Not talking about sprites obviously.

Rotorist

Rotorist Workshop
Developer

lol 200 dollars barely buys you a few car models. Besides, nobody makes post-apocalyptic soviet environments :)
There are many assets from $1-$10, tons of free ones too (though of course one need to read what kind of license it comes with). I'd absolutely look outside of Unity Assetstore, i took a quick look and it seems very expensive there, there are hundreds of other places.

What defines post-apocalyptic is mostly in the texture department or that it looks somewhat broken, quite easy to add i would say. So even if there might not be many post apocalyptic assets many can easily be adapted.

When i worked for Kenshi (which is also a kind of post apoc. RPG) all the assets for that game he purchased in the OGRE asset store (i believe it was), i was quite impressed with the character animations and buildings he had found for the game (might not look impressive today, but this was 11 years ago).

I could probably provide you with free assets (trees and flora / groundcovers) and post apocalyptic textures which have quite a few of, for free / for a mention in credits. PM if you're interested. My biggest graphical mod (Skyrim Flora Overhaul) have ~4m unique downloads, if that counts for anything, and like mentioned i also did some work for Kenshi (some trees, flora, textures).
I'm sorry for all the confusion in the private messages. For some reason, this site only lets me write messages/reply sometimes. Like in this thread, I can only reply to the posts in the first two pages. And in private messages, I can only reply like twice, and then the text box for reply will disappear, not allowing me to type anything. It seems to be some kind messy way to limit new users like me from over-posting, lol

mkultra

Augur

I'm sorry for all the confusion in the private messages. For some reason, this site only lets me write messages/reply sometimes. Like in this thread, I can only reply to the posts in the first two pages. And in private messages, I can only reply like twice, and then the text box for reply will disappear, not allowing me to type anything. It seems to be some kind messy way to limit new users like me from over-posting, lol
no worries, just email me instead and we can continue conversing normally. I sent my email adress in my first PM to you.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Infinitron Dev tag this gentleman.

Rotorist

Rotorist Workshop
Developer
Hello Ghoul Hunters :)

For the last two months I've been working on a DLC. So tomorrow (most likely) I'll be releasing this new Shadow Master DLC for Melee/Stealth lovers :)

- A new game mode called "Sticks and Stones", where you are not allowed to use any guns - only melee weapons ("sticks") and grenades ("stones").

- New melee weapon: Sledge Hammer, which has an enormous blunt damage that crushes through armor!

- New melee weapon: Combat Knife, which is not only the fastest melee weapon, but also allows you to perform a fast stealth kill against humans, and magnified damage against unaware ghouls.

- New thrown weapon: Smoke Grenade. It can be used to block enemy's sight so that you can get away from sticky situations!

- Another cool melee weapon that is a quest reward - let's find out!

- New ranged weapon: Ballistic Knife, which silently shoots a knife for a short range and can be paired with the Ballistic Shield.

- New crossbow bolt type: Explosive-Tip Bolt, which explodes upon impact.

- New armor: the "Death Shroud" Stealth Armor, which reduces visibility at night and also reduces player's footstep noise.

- New hitman quests where you will be given a target to silently eliminate for some blood money! This quest line is provided by Haruko after you give her the military documents.

- A complete recount of Haruko's life story, provided to the player as they go through the hitman quest.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Rotorist what does NYPD background do? What exactly does "higher armor efficiency" mean?

Why description has to be so vague. There are no wikis or guides that explain your game in detail you know.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Major Gameplay Updates! & Slaughterhouse DLC Progress Report
Dear Ghoul Hunters,

Happy New Year! I hope we are all starting 2024 on a good note! I spent the last two weeks collecting some feedback from the Steam Winter Sale, and made a huge list of updates to the game. Of course, I did find time to work on the Slaughterhouse DLC, and I believe we are very close to an early access beta! You can now see the main menu button for the Slaughterhouse mode, and when the beta begins (maybe next weekend!) everyone will be able to play the first quarter of the game.

Make sure to wishlist the DLC so that you don't miss the launch discount!

Now, here's the list of major changes in 1.77. Since there are so many changes, I might have broken a thing or two... Please let me know if you notice anything wrong!

- Revamped the Tunguska Syndrome and Visitations:

1. Visitations will no longer remove your T Syndrome
2. Vodka is now a medicine to treat early stage T Syndrome, but its effectiveness reduces as your T syndrome progresses. It becomes completely useless at 60% infected, after that you'll have to use RP serum.
3. When under 20% T Syndrome, you will not receive extra damage.
4. RP serum now removes more T syndrome than before
5. T syndrome alert symbol on the left side of the screen will only show up if it's above 20%. The same goes with radiation alert.
6. Tutorial has been updated accordingly, but if you have already unlocked the tutorial, it remains as the old text.

- Revamped bleeding mechanism:

1. Bleeding now happens less frequently, but more severe
2. Reduced the flashing frequency of the blood on screen while bleeding
3. The heartbeat sound will not play until bleeding gets very severe. For minor bleeding, you'll just see the flashing blood drop icon on the left side
4. Bandages now reduces the duration of the bleeding effect rather than severity, this way you can judge whether to use additional bandages based on remaining duration (by looking at how quickly the bleeding icon flashes. Slower flash means the bleeding is almost over).

- Revamped drunkness effects:

1. When you are drunk, you will now have a little bit of difficulty trying to walk straight.
2. Reduced the blurriness and distortion effects

- Added a floating pier at the Lake Kraken in Ravenwood. This way you can spawn a bit further away from the enemies when you go there by boat. There are a lot of covers on the pier for you to use if you choose to lure the enemies to the pier and fight them.

- You can now choose destinations when traveling by certain boats in the game

- You can now use the boat at the swamp village (Haruko) right after you bring the recipe book to her. It'll take you directly to the swamp cottage.

- Added new stealth kill animation for the Combat Knife. Much thanks to Rolanzi! The combat knife will kill a target within 2 seconds, but it will not be silent. Nearby guards will hear it.

- Now up to two NPCs will respond to nearby disturbances at the same time.

- Increased the reputation buff after you kill enemies during an invasion event.

- Increased max durability of LMGs

- Changed the names of some control schemes to make better sense:

FIxed -> ARPG
Panned -> TwinStick
Mouselook -> Hybrid

- Added a warning message when you under-sell your item (for less than what they are worth), but the trade will still complete.

- Fixed the looter spawn locations during air drop event. This way they won't spawn right behind you when you are looting the air drop crate

- Also the game will choose the farthest spawn location from the player to spawn looters

- Improved the range of quick-throw of throwing knives (without spins)

- Now torches will show name tag when you hover over them.

- Fixed a bug with NPCs still aiming with their gun after death

- Fixed bug with NPCs spawning on some roofs in Ravenwood

- Fixed a bug with player getting stuck inside the wall when trying to stand up under the guard post stairs

- Fixed a bug with player possibly falling through the floor inside Zernaskaya church

- Stink gourds will now work anywhere, not just on the terrain

- Fixed a bug with machine sound not playing after loading a save

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Bandages Revamp And More! (1.78 Update)
After considering some recent feedbacks, I have decided to rework the current bandages system. The goal is to make bleeding more of a tactical challenge than an annoyance that is avoided simply by spamming bandages. Bleeding management is now more in-depth!

- Applying bandages from backpack or directly from pocket F1-F5 now triggers an animation (of you wrapping your arm). You cannot attack/move during this animation, so you have to be careful. If you have unlocked the Tight Wrap medicine perk (40 points), this animation will play faster.

- After applying bandages while bleeding, you will see a "reduce bleeding" stat boost icon. While the icon is active, your bandaging is gradually reducing the remaining time of bleeding. You cannot apply another bandaging until the icon goes away.

- If you hear heartbeat sound it means you are bleeding very heavily!

- You can now use the scrap cloth found on dead NPCs as simple bandages. It won't restore your health and will only reduce a small amount of bleeding time.

- When you are bleeding, if you engage in any activities that reduces stamina, your bleeding severity (not the duration) will very slowly go up. But if you stay calm without using stamina, the bleeding severity will slowly go down.

- Rebalanced the bleeding property of all weapons.

- Reduced the amount of bleeding if you are hit by a melee weapon over the body area not covered by armor.

- If any NPC is bleeding, you will now see a bleeding icon next to their name tag.

- For any elite/essential NPCs (bosses), you will now see their health level on their name tag.

- Added stabbing sound when you do a stealth kill with the combat knife.

- Enemies will say something when they are startled by louder noises. Previously, they will only speak if the noise is very small, like a thrown rock. This way if your gunshot/explosion/kill startles an NPC, you will hear him saying "what?" thus alerting you to hide.

- Fixed a bug with pocket item icon on the HUD doesn't go away even if there's nothing in that pocket

- Some level exits will only check if enemies are looking for you rather than their distance from you. This way you can leave the map if you stay off the radar even if they are near.

- Fixed a bug with high value items showing double prefixes

- Fixed a bug with not able to left-swing your combat knife after a stealth kill.

- Fixed a bug with current icon not going away when you pull out a melee weapon.

Modron

Arcane
Patch and there is a demo for the Slaughterhouse DLC in game now, seems he is looking for some player feedback: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1601970/view/3944657442713551444
Slaughterhouse DLC Demo is Now Live!
Thank you all for your patience in the past three months :) I have now completed enough mechanics in the Slaughterhouse DLC to start a demo! To play the demo, simply launch the game (version 1.78-4) and click "Slaughterhouse" option in the main menu, and then click "Start New".

The demo offer the first level of survival mode, where you can fight until Valentin's strength is reduced to 75%, after which a boss will show up. The demo ends upon the death of the boss and his minions.

The difficulty of the demo is intentionally left high, so that I can collect feedback and know what to adjust. Please feel free to post in the Community forum or in the Discord channel if you want to leave me some feedback.

And make sure to wishlist the DLC :)

Finally, here's the list of other fixes and changes included in 1.78-4:

- Gun's default crosshair expansion size now varies depending on its accuracy

- Fixed an issue with jump/rolling not able to clear gaps

- Fixed an issue with mouse cursor not hidden while using the Radial Menu

- Fixed a bug with player start sprinting from a crouched position, which leaves the player hitbox and other parameters at the crouching mode

- Disabled using bandages while performing actions such as reloading

- Fixed a bug with motorcycle showing negative number for condition and fuel

- Added footstep sounds for jumping

- Fixed a bug with essential character spawner spitting error during save

- When loading game, the tutorial text will sync with the database

- Crows will try to avoid the player and will not land on any corpses too close to the player

- NPCs will avoid looting essential character's dead bodies and steal important loot

Lhynn

Arcane
These are all great additions, but god damn is the game slow as hell. Im not sure I have it in me to go through the learning process for this one.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Slaughterhouse Demo Update
Thank you all who have playtested the Slaughterhouse DLC demo! After receiving the feedback, I have made some improvements, namely:

- Added tutorial to help player understand the talon rocks and the soul stones.

- Fixed a bug with player stuck in a death loop if he dies right after killing the last enemy of the wave, because the game was saved automatically after player died. Now if this happens, the game will simply not save. Also, to avoid other types of death loop, after the wave ends the game will remove all your bleeding and caustic damage.

- Rearranged some enemy types so that boars don't show up too early.

Also some general gameplay improvements:

- For the ARPG and TwinStick control scheme, added the ability to tilt the camera up/down while holding down MMB (mouselook keybind), This allows ARPG mode to see further away

- For ARPG control scheme, increased the max FOV so you can zoom out further

- Extended the iframe (invincible time) for jumping and dive-rolling.

- Dive-rolling is now faster and player will move further.

- Adjusted the animation controller so that you can initiate jump/dive-roll when you are aiming or in the middle of a melee strike. This makes such maneuvers more responsive during combat.

- The direction of jump and dive-rolling is now determined by three factors:
1. when player is still and holding melee weapon, the direction of melee strike (cursor or mouselook)
2. when player is still and not holding melee, the direction of character's facing
3. when player is moving, the direction of movement

- Using bandages will not be allowed when performing actions such as reloading. But while applying bandages you can still jump or roll forward.

- Fixed a bug with items in the ingredient jar not showing prices

- Fixed a bug with the display case in Ravenwood house not showing items in correct order

Hope you enjoy the demo and please wishlist the DLC if you can to not miss the launch discount :)

Thank you!

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

Headshots Are Coming!

Ever since the game was released, many folks have asked for headshot mechanism. The game had headshots but it was simulated - when you land a hit on the NPC, it just rolls a dice to get a headshot and you also don't really know when it happens.

But now, I have finally found a way to make headshots more satisfying! But here's the catch: if you are playing with the gamepad or the "ChaseCam" control scheme, headshots are still going to be simulated with a dice roll, because the aim is automatic and there's no way to fix the aim on the head. So the new manual headshot mechanism only applies to the other control schemes where you can aim with your mouse.

Also, headshots only apply to HUMANs in the game. I'm not yet sure whether I want to implement headshots for ghouls since they are supposed to be more tanky, and there hasn't been any headshot mechanism ever (even simulated one) for them.

So if you are aiming with mouse, it's best to use a laser sight to make sure the aim is on point. If you land a hit on the head, you'll see the solid circle/dot showing up on your crosshair and you'll hear a different hitmarker sound. If the enemy's head is protected by helmet, you'll hear a metal hitmarker sound. Headshots does 1.5x the damage and it can be combined with critical hits.

Be aware though - if you aim for the head there's still a chance that the shot misses. If you miss the head, you will either land a body shot, or simply no hit at all. So there's a risk to going for headshots. It's best to go for it while enemy is standing still and unaware. Since it's a new feature, I'm sure there are aspects of headshots that can be improved upon. Please let me know your feedback:)

Finally, regarding Slaughterhouse DLC - I'm just waiting for translation to be completed, and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) to release it sometime this coming week! Make sure to wishlist so you don't miss the launch discount :)

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Slaughterhouse DLC Has Been Released!
I'm proud to announce that the long-awaited final DLC for Tunguska: The Visitation has been released! Thank you all for your patience and continued support since the DLC was first announce last Fall :)

It will be on a -20% launch discount for one week and I hope you enjoy the fight! It will get tougher and tougher as you progress through the waves, but I know you will enjoy all the rewards - and for sure, those rewards will be accessible in the main game!

Now, if you ask me what is my favorite reward from Slaughterhouse, I would say it is the Soul Crusher, a special garrote that you can use to charge a soul stone with the victim's soul. You can then throw the charged soul stone and summon a soldier with similar equipment tier, like, you know, a Poké Ball :P

Although this one soldier will get obliterated under the gunfire from a group of human enemies, he would be very handy in dealing with annoying ghouls in your way. Also, even though he won't follow you around, if you have more charged soul stones you can throw one while the summoned solider is still in the same level, and he will go to the location where the second soul stone lands. I know you'll like this too!

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Big Update for Controller/Deck! + More Fixes and Improvements
This is something I had planned to do ever since I was working on Slaughterhouse DLC. Now that the DLC is released, I have finally taken two weeks to dedicate on improving inventory management for controllers.

If you use the left stick to move the cursor over any of the grids, you'll see a "LT" icon popping up. Then, if you hold down Left Trigger, you'll enter the "Tetris mode" where your left stick will move a block cursor inside the grid, and it will be confined within the grid until you let go of the Left Trigger. This will make item selection and placement much easier. If you need to move an item from one grid to another, just let go of the left trigger, move the cursor over to the other grid, and hold LT again to enter its Tetris mode. It actually feels like playing Tetris, haha.

Moreover, I added several improvements for controllers:

- When you enter the game the very first time, you'll see a black "Press Any Key" screen. If you press a keyboard/mouse button, you'll be assigned the Hybrid control scheme, and if you press a controller button, you'll be assigned the Gamepad control scheme.

- You can now use the Up/Down DPAD to select a save game slot and then press Y to load it.

- When at the Options page, if you hover the cursor at a line of option anywhere, you'll see the value of the option becoming bold. Now you can use Left/Right DPAD to scroll through the values. You can do the same with selecting body type and previous job at the character creation page.

I hope these changes make your experience better, and I'm still going to explore more improvement opportunities!

Now, other fixes/changes in 1.80:

- If you hover the cursor over the response option buttons in the dialogue, you'll see what the player will say if this button was clicked. This will help you know more about the choice.

- Fixed a null pointer bug when trying to place a repair kit in a pocket slot.

- Made Pyro's health random between 350 and 600, instead of always at 550

- Excluded Angel of Fire (armored Pyro) in Slaughterhouse, except at the boss fight

- Fixed a bug with the Ammo trader in Slaughterhouse only selling one stack of ammo per type later on. Now it's randomly between one stack and two stacks per wave.

- All seeds will have a chance to be high quality. If you plant a high quality seed, it'll contribute to the chance of the plant yielding high quality products. Premium > Superior

- Turning in high quality food or serums will also improve your relationship even more with the trader's faction.

- Fertilizer will also contribute to the chance of yielding high quality products.

- Fixed some of the small houses in Ravenwood where you get pushed up to the roof if you try to jump over furniture.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Hello @

LESS T_T

I would like to bring to your attention that Tunguska isn't inspired by S.T.A.L.K.E.R game but rather by Roadside Picnic book which had been the inspiration for the said game (and other similar movies or games).
It's not a big matter, then again, we all tend to like our facts from time to time. And it'd be a shame if the original deed–a great book no less–fell into obscurity.
I recommend reading it to anyone who likes the games, or the movie, or the atmosphere in general.

Last edited:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Be Ready: Upcoming Control Scheme Adjustment
I have been noticing that the game's control scheme is different from other games, and some players have to spent effort to adjust to the difference. I'm working on some changes to the control scheme for better parity with other games, which will be released in the next update:

- You will be able to interact with NPC and objects by LMB click, or by pressing F key (or A button on the controller)

- While holding melee weapon, you will be able to loot using the F key (can be re-mapped) without having to holster the weapon

- When you are facing several objects close by, previously you use the ALT key to cycle through them, but now you'll be able to use mouse wheel to cycle bidirectionally. It still works the same as before on the controller

- Both radiation and Tunguska syndrome will be displayed on the Dosimeter at the same time, eliminating the need to use ALT key to toggle between the two displays.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom