Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Two White Men on a Mission from Gawd

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You haven't seen anything yet...

I've seen the next chapter.

what . the . fuck.

Erebus

Arcane
I can't even mock the stupidity of the enemy general agreeing to a duel because, back when I was a D&D DM, I once let my players use the exact same tactics against the orcish general besieging a city they were in. I realized too late how idiotic that was and had to cheat like a motherfucker to prevent them from killing him. (Of course, they'd also cheated by using invisibility magic to be able to fight him 4 vs 1 ; I don't remember why I didn't have the paladin of the party fall from grace after they pulled that trick.)

The ability of the muslim general to tirelessly and endlessly circle around you is quite something !

Anyway, unless this game openly becomes alternate history, Acre is going to fall in 1291 despite that glorious duel.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
If Celian lost the duel, rather than GAME OVER there should've been an ending slide where Marie ends up in the sultan's harem.

Kinda like in Heart of China.

hoc_545.png

RK47

Patron
BRO HOW CLOSE AM I TO THE ENDING MY GOD

Erebus

Arcane
There's a Bene Gesserit saying that applies really well to video games : "Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body. And even then you can make a mistake."

Historically, the King of France didn't turn against the Templars until quite a bit later, but who really cares ?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
How long did it take to sail from the Holy Land to France (and it's La Rochelle, so west coast) in those days?

Erebus

Arcane
How long did it take to sail from the Holy Land to France (and it's La Rochelle, so west coast) in those days?

Back then, travelling by ship was much faster than travelling by land. According to Wikipedia, during the 3rd Crusade, it took the King of France only three weeks to get from Sicilia to the Holy Land. La Rochelle being on the atlantic coast of France, I guess the whole trip from Acre would have taken about two months.

Erebus

Arcane
Setting fire to the forest that's right next to your camp is a sure sign of tactical genius.

Cool name

Arcane
Am I a bad person because that stretch through the side corridor full of bear traps did make me giggle all through? :oops:

I did play this game up until you reunite with Marie and then couldn't take it any longer. :( Thank you for dying for our sins.

Cool name

Arcane
Oh, I forgot the most important part of my post...

You should do The Cursed Crusade next. :D

Cool name

Arcane
It has Templars. And Holy Grails. And two characters. And GRIMDARK. Or something, I don't know. I did just play five minutes of it. Got to the first 'QTE' thingie when Death pursues you and then went to go something else.

It could be like an epic saga: Erka does play a bunch of co-op medieval games! Watch him suffer through The First Templar, The Cursed Crusade, The Demons' Forge, and moar! Only on RPGCodex. By masochists, for sadists.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Demon's Forge is from inXile, so surely KKKodex approved right? :troll:

That game is not that bad, actually. It doesn't take itself too seriously, has actual dark dungeons + couple of decent puzzles and some fun banter between protagonists. Plus even some C&C.

RK47

Patron
Stop making me want to abandon this guys.
This game does have a valid feature though, the cast switching does spice up the pitiful gameplay variation it had.
If only ME3 actually adopted this 'cast switch' system it'd be more fun picking ur squad mates.

RK47

Patron
Why are you posting picture of Black Cat

Cool name

Arcane
Do guys really like those HUGE thingies? I mean, I can admire a good pair as much as any but isn't it kind of gross when it does reach that point? :?

I guess I'll have to add a pair of zeppelins to my list of thingies to ask my infernal godfathers for, along my original hair color and a small mole under the left eye.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom